What a difference a day makes

KirkNC

7 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

This is why you don't just read the headlines.   All ways look at source documents

The problem is that the headlines are written by people who don't understand what the source documents mean .

• Like 4

Yes, good news about the NCLH financing.

Now I can turn my attention to finishing our new "application to share Oceania specialty dining," for folks on our November cruise who want to join us. 

Sorry but, because of the dangerous nature of Covid-19, the minimum prerequisite requirements for the table sharing will be significantly more demanding than our "trivia group formation" pre-test. 👀😎

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People lie.  Media events can be a fraud. Be patient, don’t rush, wait and watch.  Not rushing to travel.  When I do, it will not be on a cruise. Oceania?   It may go under.  Don’t believe the new glowing headlines.  

• Like 3

Holland America has cancelled all their cruises until 2021.  Now that NCLH is solvent, they may choose to do the same to cut their loses.  Just a thought.....

LO

13 minutes ago, lhogden said:

Holland America has cancelled all their cruises until 2021.  Now that NCLH is solvent, they may choose to do the same to cut their loses.  Just a thought.....

LO

You may want to reread the announcement on their homepage:

"Holland America Line has decided to extend its pause of global cruise operations and cancel all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises in 2020."

17 minutes ago, lhogden said:

LO

NCLH CEO Frank Del Rio has just stated that they are planning to resume cruising in late 2020, initially with three NCL ships, and one each from Oceania and Regent Seven Seas:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5340/

Edited by njhorseman

34 minutes ago, lhogden said:

FLATBUSH,

How is your reply different from what I wrote?

LO

There are other continents/countries where even HAL has cruises. The 2020 cancellations notice is specific to US, Canada and Europe. Your post said "all" its cruises.

16 minutes ago, lhogden said:

Do you know the word 'Pandemic'? 

".....to extend its pause of global cruise operations....."

LO

Extending a pause to global operations as regards itineraries in the SPECIFIED locations. You may want to do a HAL cruise search for late autumn to locations in, for example, South America. Had HAL meant ALL itineraries, there would have been no need to mention the specific locations.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

3 minutes ago, lhogden said:

I believe "global cruise operations" includes "South America".  In any case, I am done commenting.  Good luck with your cruise plans.

LO

Still think you might find a HAL cruise search for South America in late 2020 enlightening.

Fortunately, not my inclination since I wouldn't cruise on HAL.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Still think you might find a HAL cruise search for South America in late 2020 enlightening.

Fortunately, not my inclination since I wouldn't cruise on HAL.

Friends don't let friends cruise on HAL.

• Haha 1

One thing to remember with HAL, they were some of the last ships to cease cruising and they were some of the ships that had the greatest problem with Covid incidences on their ships.  They may want to take a break until 2021 to give their senior staff time to rest and to retrain their crew on updated sanitation procedures.  I for one would not take a HAL ship.

Edited by Ladys Mom

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Haven't been on HAL for many years and it's never been a favorite but look at this itinerary:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/H1S50A/V166.html

No long flights and it's not till September 21(presumably we'll know a lot more by then) - kind of tempted 🙂

Please be tempted Paul...we could see you while you are in SD! 🙂 We have been on the Volendam and it is a nice sized ship..We've sailed HAL quite a bit because many sailings are to or from SD..not our favorite either but have always enjoyed the cruises. 

2 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Please be tempted Paul...we could see you while you are in SD! 🙂 We have been on the Volendam and it is a nice sized ship..We've sailed HAL quite a bit because many sailings are to or from SD..not our favorite either but have always enjoyed the cruises. 

We are thinking....The deposit is fully refundable and airline tickets are no problem.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Haven't been on HAL for many years and it's never been a favorite but look at this itinerary:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/H1S50A/V166.html

No long flights and it's not till September 21(presumably we'll know a lot more by then) - kind of tempted 🙂

That does look very interesting

Not sure I could  stand HAL  for that long  though LOL

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Friends don't let friends cruise on HAL.

Boy are you correct...... they were sort of nice in the 70's and 80's  but  today......abysmal    I made a 28 day mistake last year    never going to repeat it..........no matter what the price or itinerary

12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

We are thinking....The deposit is fully refundable and airline tickets are no problem.

Don't  do it.....the ships are not the problem.....its what they do in the ships and their attitude/policy that you can not ignore............and I am not even considering food.

I always thought that I could not possibly stand a cruise longer than 16 days but now, only one day from my two-month anniversary of sheltering at home, I wonder if my tolerance has extended to longer cruises. (Perhaps I simply desperately am searching for “the bright side” of the current situation.) 

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I always thought that I could not possibly stand a cruise longer than 16 days but now, only one day from my two-month anniversary of sheltering at home, I wonder if my tolerance has extended to longer cruises. (Perhaps I simply desperately am searching for “the bright side” of the current situation.) 

more places on the ship to escape the spouse 😉

We have only done 32 days   & it was in  a C on an R ship 

so it is possible  to survive  a longer cruise   ..not sure  how much longer  than  that though LOL