Will Celebrity really start back in June?

Jenjohncourt

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I don't see it as limbo. Celeb is hanging on to all the money they can. They will not cancel until they have to and maybe even not then. Very clear. 

I just cant help but think, what planet are people on, with all that is going on planet earth,  to think Celeb will sail in June. 

The title of the thread is misleading, compared to the OP's first post.  The OP didn't say she thought X would sail in June.  She said just the opposite.  "Highly doubt"  This thread is about when they'll cancel, not when they'll sail.  JMHO

Edited by marieps
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, marieps said:

The title of the thread is misleading, compared to the OP's first post.  The OP didn't say she thought X would sail in June.  She said just the opposite.  "Highly doubt"  This thread is about when they'll cancel, not when they'll sail.  JMHO

Yes I hope you are right.

3 hours ago, NinaBlue22 said:

Yes, but Celebrity has still only cancelled cruises through June 6th. 

I know.. I have an Italian Cruise booked for June 12th... What are they doing?   The site has been stuck forever at June 6. 

• Like 1

I thought they might have mentioned today that they will not be sailing June.  I think my cruise is 33 days away currently. Probably should start swimming across the Atlantic now to make it to Barcelona in time.

Edited by Joeghartman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

I thought they might have mentioned today that they will not be sailing June.  I think my cruise is 33 days away currently. Probably should start swimming across the Atlantic now to make it to Barcelona in time.

No emails and no change to the Suspension announcement of April 16 as of this typing.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'lift and shift'!

JenJohnCourt, the above program allows you to move your sailing to one in the future with certain parameters:  same ship, same itinerary.  In taking advantage of this program, your entire booking is moved to the new cruise, including price, stateroom classification, and any perks associated with the booking.  This lets X hold on to your money, yes, BUT now you won't have to wait for the cancellation to occur, nor for X to return your money or receive a future cruise credit (FCC)!

My suggestion (in case you're interested) would be to rebook to next year to celebrate your first anniversary together.  Wishing you much health and happiness in the future,

Donna

Edited by GeorgesGal
added text

RCL is up 18% today.  No way Fain dampens that mood with a cancellation announcement until the market closes.  No one on Wall Street believes RCL's June 11th date either, but bursting that bubble officially will cut today's gains regardless.

• Like 1

We've tried to be optimistic about our September ABC cruise on Equinox.  A highly rated ship we've never been on to ports we've never visited.  In the end, reason overruled optimism and we pushed it out to next year.  There may be limited cruising come late Summer or Fall but there are just too many factors to screw it up.

I am not sure what the "lift & shift" program is but is was NOT an option when I called last week.  I wanted to move our July 26 sailing to the Aug. 9 sailing.  Same ship, same cabin, same itinerary etc.  The extra charge of $200 per person gave me pause.  They said something to do with the non-refundable deposit vs. refundable, IDK, it didn't make sense to me.  When I continued to discuss with the agent, he said " Ma'am I hate to tell you, but you are not sailing in July and I highly doubt you will be sailing in August.  Best just to sit tight and collect your 125% credit when we cancel your July cruise".  I said "ohh noo..." and he of course offered "this is my personal opinion, not the opinion of Celebrity Cruise Lines" LOL So, I am sitting tight here in Kentucky waiting for a vacation that will happen at some point.... I am just not sure when! Happy Monday Y'all!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SraLiz said:

I am not sure what the "lift & shift" program is but is was NOT an option when I called last week.  I wanted to move our July 26 sailing to the Aug. 9 sailing.  Same ship, same cabin, same itinerary etc.  The extra charge of $200 per person gave me pause.  They said something to do with the non-refundable deposit vs. refundable, IDK, it didn't make sense to me.  When I continued to discuss with the agent, he said " Ma'am I hate to tell you, but you are not sailing in July and I highly doubt you will be sailing in August.  Best just to sit tight and collect your 125% credit when we cancel your July cruise".  I said "ohh noo..." and he of course offered "this is my personal opinion, not the opinion of Celebrity Cruise Lines" LOL So, I am sitting tight here in Kentucky waiting for a vacation that will happen at some point.... I am just not sure when! Happy Monday Y'all!

Go here  https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Scroll down to the Terms and Conditions and much will be revealed.  We did this last week to move our September 10 night ABC on Equinox to a 9 night ABC on Equinox in August, 2021.  No problems at all.

Were you actually talking to a Celebrity Rep?  His comments seem very unprofessional - to the point of being cause for dismissal.

Yes, it was a Celebrity rep.  Actually it was the second one.  The first one wanted to charge us $300 extra per person.  So after I hung up with him and got to checking online... the price was the same.  So I called back.  The second young man was helpful, much more so than the first, but said because of the non refundable deposit etc. He did suggest I wait till they cancelled the July event and then immediately call to re-book  on the Aug 9 trip and they would transfer the reservation.   I looked at the Terms you suggested and I think maybe because I was just shifting the cruise a week and not to the "subsequent year" that's where this doesn't apply to us.  

Im not complaining...LOL... we will sail again...sooner than later I hope.  Mom said "just make sure we are on the first ship out of Florida... I don't care where we go" LOL

6 minutes ago, SraLiz said:

Yes, it was a Celebrity rep.  Actually it was the second one.  The first one wanted to charge us $300 extra per person.  So after I hung up with him and got to checking online... the price was the same.  So I called back.  The second young man was helpful, much more so than the first, but said because of the non refundable deposit etc. He did suggest I wait till they cancelled the July event and then immediately call to re-book  on the Aug 9 trip and they would transfer the reservation.   I looked at the Terms you suggested and I think maybe because I was just shifting the cruise a week and not to the "subsequent year" that's where this doesn't apply to us.  

Im not complaining...LOL... we will sail again...sooner than later I hope.  Mom said "just make sure we are on the first ship out of Florida... I don't care where we go" LOL

My bad - I assumed you were shifting to next year.  Must have been the bourbon.   One thing when we did ours, the rep had to ask a supervisor about moving our non-refundable deposit to the new booking.  That only took a couple of minutes, though.  We totally agree with your mom - even if it's just to float around for a while.

Hello everyone! I’m sure some fellow cruisers have hashed this over. But would any of you book a mid Feb 2021 cruise right now? We have none on the books. It’s with a $900 Refundable deposit. It’s a great deal, price wise but don’t want to get caught up in the mess a lot of cruisers are in right now come January if it gets cancelled. Final payment date would be October so would know more by then.

Also  we have 2 future cruise vouchers from a past cruise nothing to do with Covid but I believe I read somewhere that you don’t want to use these as part of your deposit and use it on final payment and for the life of me I can’t remember why?any help with any of my questions would be appreciated..

very frustrating.  Our Galapagos  cruise is supposed to be still on.  Our cruise tour begins June 12. (cruising on 14th)  But Quito airport is closed to international/foreign visitors.  Even our flight was cancelled by the airlines. And Celebrity is STILL holding out.  They are waiting until more people cancel on their own.  I have been perusing a lot of the mid June cruse critic posts here and the consensus is that Celeb want to keep funds in bank as long as possible. I know they will cancel our Galapagos cruise, but it's still "on".  Even though half the crew on board are quarantined on the island in their cabins because they have this dreadful virus.  So, if they haven't cancelled ours yet, just hold tight.  You have until 48 hrs before the sailing to get the same "benefits".  IMHO

12 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Hello everyone! I’m sure some fellow cruisers have hashed this over. But would any of you book a mid Feb 2021 cruise right now? We have none on the books. It’s with a $900 Refundable deposit. It’s a great deal, price wise but don’t want to get caught up in the mess a lot of cruisers are in right now come January if it gets cancelled. Final payment date would be October so would know more by then.

Also  we have 2 future cruise vouchers from a past cruise nothing to do with Covid but I believe I read somewhere that you don’t want to use these as part of your deposit and use it on final payment and for the life of me I can’t remember why?any help with any of my questions would be appreciated..

We have the Feb 14th Asia cruise booked at the moment, personally as things start to open up I feel it will probably go ahead. Hong Kong is already stating they need the tourists back including international as it’s already effecting the economy, that’s going to be the case everywhere by next year. I guess the question is are you willing to cruise without a Vaccine?

The trouble is that Celebrity is still showing June - July cruises on their site. And taking payments. I love Celebrity but I find that very unscrupulous, even with their Lift programme. 

An early August cruise? No way. A week is meaningless. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 3

Yes.  Cruising will continue through June.  They will still be repatriation of crew.

My Ouija Board said passenger cruising will resume in June.  It also said COVID will disappear tomorrow, both Canada and the US will have a surplus this fiscal year and Congress and Parliament will cease political rhetoric and work together.

8 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Its tough to be gentle on this one. 

So I will just say that this topic must be a joke in light of what we know. 

This isn’t a joke topic. This is a serious question. It’s extremely frustrating that they haven’t extended the cancellations.  According to their site, they are sailing in 26 days. That’s ridiculous. They need to go ahead and extend the cancellations. I find it absolutely awful that you can still book a cruise with them in June. “It’s tough to be gentle on this one”. Yes, it’s tough for me to be gentle on them! I want my money back! 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Oville said:

I live in Naples, Fl.  Restaurants and shops will go from 25% capacity to 50% Monday.  Beaches on the weekends are only opened 7-11am and 5-sunset in the evenings.  Not sure where you are getting your info from but it is not factual.  People are still wearing masks while shopping, gyms will open Monday at limited capacity.  That is the west coast of Florida, not the cruise counties across to the east where the biggest outbreaks of Corona are happening.

Good luck with your July cruise, but probably not happening.

Oville,

Good to see your post.  The Waverly Green crew of 6 that was all set for a June 22 departure from Venice is now planning a “social distancing event on our lanai refund party” and we’ll be looking into 2021 Eastern Mediterranean departures.  Neither Italy nor Greece are open to tourists yet.😕  Can’t imagine any Europe season any time soon.

MisterMet Of Waverly Green

Edited by MisterMet
Spelling