What Carnival food/dish/drink do you miss the most?

ninjacat123

Just now, mbglib said:

Sea Bass and most beef dishes in the MDR.  Most of the desserts in the MDR EXCEPT the melting cake. Virgin Pina Colada.

Have you ever been to John Watling's Distillery in Nassau?  They have a pina colada that is sooooo good.  I had a virgin one and it rocked! Also, the house is a big plantation style house on top of a hill, about a 20 min walk from port (or you could cab it, which I have) with the biggest roosters strutting around. ☺️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Have you ever been to John Watling's Distillery in Nassau?  They have a pina colada that is sooooo good.  I had a virgin one and it rocked! Also, the house is a big plantation style house on top of a hill, about a 20 min walk from port (or you could cab it, which I have) with the biggest roosters strutting around. ☺️

I haven't.  I had a virgin pina colada in St. Marten and it was much better than Carnival's.  Of course, I have only ever had them on cruise ships (other than St. Marten), so I really don't have much to compare. 🙂  I don't know if I will ever go back to Nassau, but I will keep that place in mind if I do. 

Edited by mbglib
  • Like 1

My favorite is the mushroom soup in the dinning room, although it has changed in the last year, I still love it. I look at the menus for the week when I get on board and plan my specialty dinning so i can have the soup! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yes! That's the best pina colada I've had. I was just doing my own thing my first time in Nassau. I got there right as a tour bus showed up. I sort of crashed the tour. And they gave us free samples.

https://saintgregtravel.com/i-have-a-dream-nassau/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe817 said:

For me in the MDR, it's the chilled strawberry soup and the shrimp cocktail. For the drink, it's the Funship Special. 🍹

I love both of those in the MDR.  The other thing I miss is the edible salad bowl at the Blue Iguana Cantina on the Pride!!

Karen

• Like 1

I miss the steak and eggs and French fries at the seaday brunch.  I also miss the Bloody Mary bar at the entrance of the MDR at the brunch.  My favorite is the Bloody Mary made with gin instead of vodka with extra olives.😎

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We never walk. I dont get a warm fuzzy from the streets you would have to walk on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We never walk. I dont get a warm fuzzy from the streets you would have to walk on.  

Nassau can feel a little sketchy at times. Took a cab up to John Watling's then walked down.  We discovered this street about a block and a half down hill that had a chocolate shop, winery and a really beautiful hotel that we walked through on our own. The rest of the walk down hill to the port was lumpy, we did it but you could catch a cab from the hotel street.  

• Like 2

I most look forward every night to a cheeseplate in the MDR, followed by a shrimp cocktail, and then the cold soup of the day.  Strawberry bisque is my favorite, the asparagus is outstanding, but I like them all.

I used to enjoy a Brandy Alexander after dinner each evening until they started using half and half rather than cream.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 4