Flash Sale May 28-Jun 1: Beverage Package, Grautities and 10$ OBC (!!) pppd

mikkelhansen

16 hours ago, sohoda said:

I am interested in the flash sale beginning this Friday.   Does anyone know if the OBC can be used for the daily gratuity fee?

Yes, it can - as opposed to certain other cruise lines.

If you don't prepay the gratuities, the daily amount will be deducted from you onboard account, and if that is insufficient, the rest will be paid from your credit card on file, like any other onboard purchase exceeding your onboard credit balance.

• Like 1

I don't see sale either but if price out 2 perks the deal is there.   As OP comments this is the best flash sale in the last 6 weeks or so but in our case the base price of our 2021 cruise went up $150 pp overnight!

Edited by dutchclogs

From the flyer it certainly looked like the 2 "Free" perks were included with "Price Rate".   Price Rate is the rate code for no perks.  But it looks like this extra credit is just that.  If you PAY for the 2 perks and select CBP and OBC you get an extra $150 pp OBC.   My base rates are all hundreds of dollars more than today.  My 2 perks rates are about the same or less than no perks prices today.  No sale for me.

We preferred when pricing was less complicated...good, better, best.

Hate having to use a spreadsheet or calculator...too many options and pitfalls.

We just book what we want and hope for the best,

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

From the flyer it certainly looked like the 2 "Free" perks were included with "Price Rate".   Price Rate is the rate code for no perks.  But it looks like this extra credit is just that.  If you PAY for the 2 perks and select CBP and OBC you get an extra $150 pp OBC.   My base rates are all hundreds of dollars more than today.  My 2 perks rates are about the same or less than no perks prices today.  No sale for me.

Cabins on Edge in March of 21 were less for me with this sale...I’m sure it varies by sailing..

On 6/26/2020 at 10:12 PM, wrk2cruise said:

You are indeed correct. What a bummer.

8 minutes ago, curleyjane said:

I wonder if there will be a July 4th sale that actually saves you money?

I would be surprised if there WASN'T. Nothing has been announced yet, though. I will make sure to post when I hear of any new promotions, if no-one else doesn't catch it before me. 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Rarely does Celebrity have  a sail that saves you money.

Correct, and probably especially now when they are very pressured financially from "external" sides. They will try to hide price increases as promotions.

The Thanksgiving sale back in November 2019 was among the best sales in recent years, ALSO for existing bookings. A lot of CC users had their booking re-priced during that sale (including myself for two cabins on Apex in April 2021), and either saved a fair amount or got an actually free extra perk (which was part of the offer) - and some both saved money AND got an extra free perk. I don't think we saved anything during the Thanksgiving sale, I think we paid about 20$pp extra, but for that we got prepaid gratuities as the extra perk (the 20$pp was probably natural price adjustments according to current demand), so it was still a great deal for us.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, wrk2cruise said:

The day before the flyer came out it did say "when choosing price right rate"  as I printed it off.   But those few choice words have by the next day were removed!  Plus not sure how you can advertise FREE DRINKS then charge for the 2 perks 

On 6/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, sohoda said:

I am interested in the flash sale beginning this Friday.   Does anyone know if the OBC can be used for the daily gratuity fee?

Actually with the OBC posted to your account, when the Gratuity debit is posted to your account daily, the balance is automatically reduced by that amount until the credit is $0. Then it starts increasing for you to pay by whichever method you set your account up to pay with.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

6 hours ago, schiff1997 said:

The day before the flyer came out it did say "when choosing price right rate"  as I printed it off.   But those few choice words have by the next day were removed!  Plus not sure how you can advertise FREE DRINKS then charge for the 2 perks 

They've been doing this from day 1.

The 4th of July sale has now been announced.

Three "free" perks; Classic beverage package, unlimited wifi and prepaid gratuities for ALL guests 1-5 in the stateroom. Booking window: July 1 - July 6, 2020, the offer is applicable for "new bookings" (but try your luck with your existing booking, if the new price during the promotion is good) on all stateroom types from Inside through Aqua Class, for "select" sailings departing October 3, 2020 - May 4, 2022. Combinable with FCCs.

This could definitely be a great offer for family bookings or other bookings with 3 or more persons in the same stateroom, but also for "normal" 2 person bookings.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Dream_Big_4th_of_July_Sale.pdf

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

In the 4th July promo, the 4 perks option it’s buggy (IT) the option exist but at the final says 0 perk offer and charges you $cyz the cost of the 4 perks

X fixed it