Canceled Canada cruise with non refundable deposit

I was booked on Empress for a June NE/Canada cruise that was canceled with a NR deposit and got a full refund.  I don't know if you can lift and shift after a cruise has been canceled.  Just my opinion - I would rather get my money back and rebook once I know what is happening - taking a chance with prices sounds a whole lot less of a gamble than rebooking and having no idea what Royal will be doing next year.

Are you talking about one of the recent cancellations with a sail date after August 1?  If so, there is an announcement this Tuesday where you should learn about your options. Hang tight until then. 

Right now your 2 options are lift and shift or taking a 100% FCC.  Come Tuesday you will probably also have the option for a cash refund or a 125% FCC. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you talking about one of the recent cancellations with a sail date after August 1?  If so, there is an announcement this Tuesday where you should learn about your options. Hang tight until then. 

Right now your 2 options are lift and shift or taking a 100% FCC.  Come Tuesday you will probably also have the option for a cash refund or a 125% FCC. 

Can't pull the rabbit out of the hat on my doomed August cruise.  B2B one way south north routes on Radiance Alaska.  No way they can make that happen with Canada extension. 

FCC on first canceled cruise I had involved "Fuzzy math" on the part of RCI for the 125% (was only 113% even with deducting for taxes and fees). 🤨

Will be asking for cash refund going forward, since the next cruise that was cancelled on me, I received  2 weeks quicker with total reimbursement to the dollar on cash refund request.  

Edited by island lady

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Can't pull the rabbit out of the hat on my doomed August cruise.  B2B one way south north routes on Radiance Alaska.  No way they can make that happen with Canada extension. 

FCC on first canceled cruise I had involved "Fuzzy math" on the part of RCI for the 125% (was only 113% even with deducting for taxes and fees). 🤨

Will be asking for cash refund going forward, since the next cruise that was cancelled on me, I received  2 weeks quicker with total reimbursement to the dollar on cash refund request.  

Our first FCC was incorrect.  I sent a simple email with the correct math and received an email acknowledging their error immediately.  Our corrected FCC in the right amount arrived a short time later (within two weeks).  If your FCC is wrong, you should tell them.  They’ll fix it and send you the correct FCCs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wonder if Tuesday's announcement will also have some sort of return to service info such as what ships they are planning to start with.  One can dream can't one?😇

I am awaiting Tuesdays info.  I expect our September Montreal->montreal canadian adventure will be cancelled completely due to the Can. port closures thru Oct. 31.

Since all of the stops were at Canadian ports, I don't expect a change of itinery.  I am also hoping for an update regarding our August cruise on the Grandeur.  Not officially cancelled yet, but who is confident that Baltimore will reopen by then?  I am skeptical.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:45 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Personally I’d be taking the cash refund. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

I am awaiting Tuesdays info.  I expect our September Montreal->montreal canadian adventure will be cancelled completely due to the Can. port closures thru Oct. 31.

Since all of the stops were at Canadian ports, I don't expect a change of itinery.  I am also hoping for an update regarding our August cruise on the Grandeur.  Not officially cancelled yet, but who is confident that Baltimore will reopen by then?  I am skeptical.

I am booked B2B Grandeur our of Baltimore in September (already had June Grandeur cancelled weeks ago).  Waiting to see what happens to September cruises as well.   

B2B Radiance August Alaska will be guaranteed toast.  Just waiting for official word of cancellation tomorrow, so I can ask for refund of both legs.  

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Personally I’d be taking the cash refund. 

Me too, cash refund for 2nd cancelled cruise came in 2 weeks before so called "125%" FCC on first cancelled cruise.  It was not 125%..fuzzy math made it 113%, even with deducting taxes and fees (which I still have not received).  

Cash refund was exactly to the penny.  

• Like 1