Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

The real issue with Covid-19 is that it is being used as a tool to control the masses. If the government wanted the public to be knowledgeable, they would make all of the raw data available to the public and let data scientist compile statistics. The problem with the data is that it is manipulated. We already know that a single case is counted multiple times. If you test positive in NY, fly to FL test positive, and then fly back to NY and test positive again, you are counted as 3 positives. Instead of 1 person infected, NY counts you twice and FL counts you once. In NC, if you test positive, they test you several times over your quarantine. Each one of those positive tests are counted as a positive case. So, if you test positive (Day 0), test positive again a week later (Day 7), test positive again 2 weeks later (Day 14), and then test negative at the end of quarantine, those 3 tests are all positives and counted. Instead of counting it as 1 person testing positive, they count it as 3 positive tests misleading the masses that it was 3 people instead of just 1 person testing positive 3 times. 

The funny thing about statistics is that they can be manipulated to any narrative that lines the pockets of the people making them. 68.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Why? Because whatever they say the data can be manipulated to hit that exact number. 

• Like 6

While some think data is being manipulated, it is clear that in states that are not practicing social distancing cases are on the increase.  You can be a carrier and pass it on to others- the vulnerable, may be likely to succumb to the disease.  I wouldn't want to spread the disease to anybody.  My Dh and I will continue to practice social distancing until it is relatively safe to travel or a vaccine is available.   

As things continue to progress, I would guess that cruising this summer is not a realistic option.  Would be nice to be wrong!

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 4

We didn’t hear much about COVID19 and social distancing the past couple of weeks. Now we are back to increase in cases, masks, social distancing, COVID19, and opening States back up.  Makes one wonder and why intelligent people can’t see how the media attempts to Manipulate us. 

M8

• Like 6

23 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I know of a few here on CC that will do the same for their cruise fix. 😇

I know who you mean. 😉

22 hours ago, Mark52479 said:

More testing being done.  Lower age group this time around.

Officials in Florida are NOT looking at how many new cases but instead percent positive (which continues across the board in Fl below the required 10%) and hospital capacity.

With pretty much all the big Tourist attractions open now or opening in the next couple of weeks I would imagine Florida will welcome cruising to start up again by Aug if allowed.  

It will all come down to what rate CDC finds acceptable for ships to start cruising.

Dry land is different than on a ship.  The cruise lines get labeled as the Noro “hot spots”, and have already been tagged as Covid spreaders right from the beginning of the out break.  

The cruise industry will only get one shot at this before the press target them for something that also happens on land, and is common.  The double standard exists and will continue to exist. 

21 hours ago, Mark52479 said:

increase of ACTUAL CASES at this point means nothing.

Officials are no longer looking at that number.

on Saturday there were 52,000 tests done in one day.  Out of that 52,000 only 2,000 were positive.  4.4% positive rate WELL BELOW the CDC recommendations. This is the number officials look at NOT actual cases. 

As a comparable we have been testing 25,000+ people a day in our province and have been getting under 300 cases a day, for the last week.

We must live under a dome or something. 😂

21 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The average positive test rate over the last 14 days in Florida is 7.37%. While that number is an increase, it was expected the number would increase when the state starting to reopen. This is just my opinion, but anything 10% or lower is acceptable assuming the death rate doesn’t significantly increase. 

When it comes to cruising I wonder what rate of infection will be acceptable to the CDC?  That, along with ports of call being shut will be the biggest factors for the ships to sail.

All I know is low rates of Noro, 2%, have to be reported to the CDC.  I do not think rates of 7% will be acceptable on the ships.  If Florida continues around 7% I don’t see cruising starting anytime soon, if the CDC holds the same standards as Noro results. 

15 hours ago, Oxo said:

M8 must be some gang in your state. LOL

He does ride a motorcycle, with some seniors who like their discount...

Hey @Milwaukee Eight you going to Seattle in July?  I read a rumour on the fear of going to Seattle thread, that might take you and some of your club members there.  That is, after they get their discount on breakfast. 

M8, is a short form for Milwaukee Eight.  He is signing his name at the bottom of the post.  Like you putting Oxo on the bottom line of your post.

Some do that here, some don’t. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We didn’t hear much about COVID19 and social distancing the past couple of weeks. Now we are back to increase in cases, masks, social distancing, COVID19, and opening States back up.  Makes one wonder and why intelligent people can’t see how the media attempts to Manipulate us. 

M8

EXACTLY.  In the media covid wasn't a problem at all for a couple weeks.  Now it's back and cases are "spiking" in  multiple states........   whatever.  I'm still seeing idiots biking alone on a rural path wearing a mask outdoors.  Many people have had too much kool-aid.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hey @Milwaukee Eight you going to Seattle in July?  I read a rumour on the fear of going to Seattle thread, that might take you and some of your club members there.  That is, after they get their discount on breakfast. 

M8, is a short form for Milwaukee Eight.  He is signing his name at the bottom of the post.  Like you putting Oxo on the bottom line of your post.

Some do that here, some don’t. 

Not going to Seattle. Not in a “Gang” or MC (Motorcycle Club) or 3 Patch Club. I am a member of HOG (Harley Owners Group). 

Haven’t yet asked for a Senior Discount for food. Use it for booking cruises. 

Milwaukee Eight is the name of Harley latest engine that came out in 2017.  It has 8 valves and made in Milwaukee  There has almost always been a slang term for motors  Previous motors were Twin Cam, EVO, Shovel Head, Pan Head, Knuckle Head, Flat Head, 45.......

M8 (abbreviation for Milwaukee Eight) 

7 hours ago, bigrednole said:

The real issue with Covid-19 is that it is being used as a tool to control the masses. If the government wanted the public to be knowledgeable, they would make all of the raw data available to the public and let data scientist compile statistics. The problem with the data is that it is manipulated. We already know that a single case is counted multiple times. If you test positive in NY, fly to FL test positive, and then fly back to NY and test positive again, you are counted as 3 positives. Instead of 1 person infected, NY counts you twice and FL counts you once. In NC, if you test positive, they test you several times over your quarantine. Each one of those positive tests are counted as a positive case. So, if you test positive (Day 0), test positive again a week later (Day 7), test positive again 2 weeks later (Day 14), and then test negative at the end of quarantine, those 3 tests are all positives and counted. Instead of counting it as 1 person testing positive, they count it as 3 positive tests misleading the masses that it was 3 people instead of just 1 person testing positive 3 times. 

The funny thing about statistics is that they can be manipulated to any narrative that lines the pockets of the people making them. 68.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Why? Because whatever they say the data can be manipulated to hit that exact number. 

Where in the world did you get your info?  Who told you people were traveling to different states infected with COVID 19 and getting more than one test?  Are you saying the COVID 19 deaths are being counted more than once?

Again, where did you get this information?

29 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Again, where did you get this information?

Look up the article from the lady in FL that was fired from her State position for reporting this information. I would dig it up, but I don't have the need to. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Look up the article from the lady in FL that was fired from her State position for reporting this information. I would dig it up, but I don't have the need to. 

A disgruntled employee. Even some of the liberal rags indicate she had previous work related issues. 

In my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That seems to indicate that the planned start of Bahama Paradise cruises on 7/25 from Palm Beach are allowed.

I think this list is  for commercial transport for crew repatriation but at least it is a start as to communication between cruise ships and the CDC. And if ships are classified “green” it might mean that their safety plans will be approved sooner or later for passenger travel. Will be interesting to see if Bahamas Paradise ship actually begins cruises next month to Freeport. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I think this list is  for commercial transport for crew repatriation but at least it is a start as to communication between cruise ships and the CDC. And if ships are classified “green” it might mean that their safety plans will be approved sooner or later for passenger travel. Will be interesting to see if Bahamas Paradise ship actually begins cruises next month to Freeport. 

Can you post the link to that info on their website?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

And if ships are classified “green” it might mean that their safety plans will be approved sooner or later for passenger travel.

Can you post a link to the CDC site with this info?

Dont think this news is out there yet?

Miami just decided not to go to phase 2 of reopening 

Austin tx is having a meeting trying to decide how much control they have over the governor's plan to reopen and asking businesses to voluntarily stay closed. Liberal cities here want to stay closed, governor says open. Who has control

Houston hospitalizations are up 30% since may and dallas up too.

I think the austin TX  meeting they said starts at the top of the hour, about 7 minutes from now.

Since carnivals plan was 2 ports in florida and Galveston is why I think this isnt politics, but also important to when cruise ports open.

If miami not moving to phase 2, not a good sign. I'm waiting for the austin TX meeting now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

CDC said today it doesn't know when cruises will start again according to Royal Caribbean blog

This is what the CDC said. It can be interpreted many ways and nothing new here. 

“Meeting these criteria does not mean cruise ships can resume passenger operations. We don’t have enough information at this time to say when it will be safe to resume sailing with passengers. Cruise lines may need to establish additional safety measures before sailing with passengers is permitted to resume. CDC will continue to evaluate and update its recommendations as the situation evolves."

12 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

CDC said today it doesn't know when cruises will start again according to Royal Caribbean blog

I assume this has been on the CDC web site for some time, when talking about crew disembarkation criteria:

Meeting these criteria does not mean cruise ships can resume passenger operations. We don’t have enough information at this time to say when it will be safe to resume sailing with passengers. Cruise lines may need to establish additional safety measures before sailing with passengers is permitted to resume. CDC will continue to evaluate and update its recommendations as the situation evolves.