Cancelled cruises

huskypup

42 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@jmele999  @pcakes122

I wonder if the date for the Star is a typo.  29-Nov-21

Good catch. I'd say a typo for sure.

I hate it when people assume a typo.   For a company such as NCL it is a total lack of proof reading.

As someone who is in the communications field, I'll give them break because this is not a document that was meant to be publicly distributed. It looks like an internal working document which would not normally be vetted through a communications team for proofreading.  It was probably just some average worker who created an Excel spreadsheet to share information with their team members and made a boo-boo.  It happens - even smart people make typos. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

No time to proofread, too busy working on refunds.

LOL But I am so happy I don't work at NCL right now.  What a nightmare their team members must be going through!  Especially working from home.  It drives me crazy when I don't have my regular work tools - I can't function LOL.  These folks are probably used to dual large-screen monitors and normal keyboards and are now working from home on laptops with their kids out of school and stuck in the house (not to mention the slow internet access from a corporate VPN.)  I truly feel bad for them as they try to keep up with this insanity, process refunds, make contingency plans, manage crew repatriation, deal with impatient, irate customers, etc.  I work for a large corporation and even though we had we what thought was a very comprehensive business continuity plan for "disasters", even we were caught off-guard.  Who in the world could have predicted this?  So picking on someone for a typo under these circumstances is a bit over the top, IMO.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Rob_H said:

The dates are inclusive - the Feb 27 Sydney-Tahiti is also cancelled (we were booked on it, and got the notice).

So there's a three week gap from "Feb 21 return to service" until the next cruise, currently Mar 14th, Tahiti to Honolulu, which is not (yet) cancelled.  Maybe a 14 day crew quarantine as well as reposition.  But it's all just wishful thinking and maybes at this stage.

Rob

Looks like all jewel dates are now cancelled until May, we were hoping to rebook for next year our Hawaii to Tahiti that has just been cancelled and they've also been removed, nothing showing now until May.

(edit - just noticed they are gone from our UK site but still showing on American TA site)

Edited by penlanspice

12 hours ago, crewsin250 said:

Just received notice from NCL that all NCL Jewel cruises are canceled until the end of February 2021.

Paul

Wish I would receive some kind of notice.....I have and August Alaska and have been waiting for official word.....

1 hour ago, Noworkforme23 said:

We have a western Caribbean cruise Dec 12, 2020 out of Miami on the Encore, thoughts on probability it will happen?

If the infamous note is to be believed Encore starts to sail again at the end of Sep so if the note is correct you should be ok.  Fingers crossed for you.

Just emailed our PCC to change our repositioning Breakaway from NY to NOLA in Nov to a 5 day & 7 day B2B from Miami in Jan.    Works out the same price and get to keep the same balcony cabin for both legs.  Hopefully he will get back to me soon.  He never replied to my message about the sailings.  

Well i am at the beach in nc and it was packed. Most ppl not wearing masks. Resturants open fully.   I dont see why they can't get a few small ships out of the texas and florida ports in august.   This photo is recent from an england beach.  

Screenshot_20200610-113633.png

9 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Well i am at the beach in nc and it was packed. Most ppl not wearing masks. Resturants open fully.   I dont see why they can't get a few small ships out of the texas and florida ports in august.   This photo is recent from an england beach. 

Wow!  That's quite a pic.  Watch out Seaman...incoming.....💣

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

I can guarantee you that was not taken here this year, there was people at the beach back in may but with social distancing certainly nothing like that.

• Like 2

In a press release that NCL gave: Norwegian cited "a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet," but did not elaborate on new plans for the Jewel in a statement sent to travel partners.

Might hold some validity to the list. I’m supposed to be on the Sky in September but haven’t received anything yet from NCL.

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

“People who exhibit psychopathic traits are likely to ignore lockdown restrictions”

That’s the best part of his post. Very telling 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, penlanspice said:

Looks like all jewel dates are now cancelled until May, we were hoping to rebook for next year our Hawaii to Tahiti that has just been cancelled and they've also been removed, nothing showing now until May.

(edit - just noticed they are gone from our UK site but still showing on American TA site)

Well, we're confused, as the letter says starting on Sept 25, and that's the date we're scheduled to be getting off the Jewel. Check website, and it's still selling from August 1st to the 25th of Sept.

4 minutes ago, anyman said:

Well, we're confused, as the letter says starting on Sept 25, and that's the date we're scheduled to be getting off the Jewel. Check website, and it's still selling from August 1st to the 25th of Sept.

The letter covers the cancellation of the entire Australia/NZ summer season for the Jewel, and the Pacific crossings.

The Alaska August/September cruises for sure will be cancelled as they're required (by law) to call at Canadian posts, and Canada is closed to at least November.  Those will be a separate cancellation notice, as late as they can to delay refunds as long as possible. Leaving them on sale is misleading, but standard practice.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

The letter covers the cancellation of the entire Australia/NZ summer season for the Jewel, and the Pacific crossings.

The Alaska August/September cruises for sure will be cancelled as they're required (by law) to call at Canadian posts, and Canada is closed to at least November.  Those will be a separate cancellation notice, as late as they can to delay refunds as long as possible. Leaving them on sale is misleading, but standard practice.

^^^^^^ This.

1 hour ago, anyman said:

I have speculated in other threads that we have no idea what "Re-launch date" means to NCL in that particular column on that file.  It looks like there are dates in the next column to the right, but we can't see the heading on that column.  Just the fact that there is engine (propeller?) type info on the spreadsheet makes me think this was part of an internal communication in NCL engineering or maintenance teams.  So maybe "Re-launch date" means in this case the date they are relaunching their "business as usual' maintenance schedules or processes, etc.  It could mean anything to them, not necessarily crew reporting dates or cruise/ship public relaunch.  It's just a peek into something we don't really know much about - but it does give at least some context to general timeframes NCL is looking at for restarting operations.

• Thanks 1

We are as eager to set sail as you are! There are still a few unknowns but we are planning for a variety of relaunch scenarios. We continue to work across several plans and time frames to ensure we are best prepared for the resumption of sailing and we will, of course, share information as it becomes available.  We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through this evolving situation.  We can’t wait to welcome you aboard!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

I have speculated in other threads that we have no idea what "Re-launch date" means to NCL in that particular column on that file.  It looks like there are dates in the next column to the right, but we can't see the heading on that column.  Just the fact that there is engine (propeller?) type info on the spreadsheet makes me think this was part of an internal communication in NCL engineering or maintenance teams.  So maybe "Re-launch date" means in this case the date they are relaunching their "business as usual' maintenance schedules or processes, etc.  It could mean anything to them, not necessarily crew reporting dates or cruise/ship public relaunch.  It's just a peek into something we don't really know much about - but it does give at least some context to general timeframes NCL is looking at for restarting operations.

I agree.

Prior to taking early retirement from the corporate world I was head of strategic planning for a very large insurance company. This looks to me like part of a document outlining a planning scenario. Normally when we would be addressing major corporate plans that included numerous open questions and uncertain paths we would prepare multiple plan scenarios using different assumptions to lay out potential directions and the costs and benefits and probabilities of each. There could easily be another half dozen or more additional exhibits laying out other timelines based on other assumptions that are being evaluated by NCL's senior executives and being kept in the planning hopper..particularly because there's so much uncertainty about what lies ahead. Is the CDC going to approve NCL's health and safety protocols and when? Is the CDC going to extend the No Sail Order? Which ports will accept cruise arrivals and under what type of health regulations? Which home ports will be open by what dates and with what health requirements? How will the cruise line be able to bring adequate numbers of crew on board and what additional training will they have to undergo?

There are far too many moving parts and open questions as of today to rely on part of one page that could be part of a single restart plan.

• Like 4