Cabin selection on Apex

smmountaingal

I am looking for a discussion on how to select a cabin on the APEX.  I am used to a S class Celebrity Ships and prefer a real balcony cabin.  Can anyone refer me to a previous discussion or suggest how I look at the deck plans for something similar to an 1A cabin on Solstice class?

7 minutes ago, smmountaingal said:

I am looking for a discussion on how to select a cabin on the APEX.  I am used to a S class Celebrity Ships and prefer a real balcony cabin.  Can anyone refer me to a previous discussion or suggest how I look at the deck plans for something similar to an 1A cabin on Solstice class?

The only staterooms on the E class ships, Apex and Edge, that have true verandahs are the 1A's, the Sunset Verandahs and the Suites. All other staterooms have the “Infinite verandahs”.

Edited by C-Dragons

46 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The only staterooms on the E class ships, Apex and Edge, that have true verandahs are the 1A's, the Sunset Verandahs and the Suites. All other staterooms have the “Infinite verandahs”.

Thank you.

This is a picture of a 1A cabin, with verandah. We got to see one on a cabin tour on the Edge Inaugural. I would rather book one of these over an IV cabin.

image.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons

12 hours ago, ConnMom said:

Do the  1A's have open balconies?  I cannot determine that from the pictures.  They look as if they have a window.  What about the 1B's?

Cheryl

I didn’t realize the 1B's on deck 6 had verandahs, too. Thanks for bringing this up. They look like the 1A's.

I would advise against those cabins. We stayed in one in February and asked to be moved. They are over the theatre and it is loud. We like to relax in room some days and they have rehearsals most day plus the shows at night go to 11 30.

The balcony was also really small. Both people have to sit sideways.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, C-Dragons said:

Also the Cove Balcony.  They are towards the front of the ship and the balcony, pictured on c dragons post above.  They are really nice as you have a big round window and shade.  However, they are towards the front of the ship and some people do not like the location

On 6/15/2020 at 2:10 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

We have a sunset veranda booked on an Apex TA in Oct 2021 and are really looking forward to it. For us being able to book an aft-facing cabin is always a top priority. 

We are on this cruise also and doing b2b with the Nov 4th Caribbean cruise. We booked onboard and the agent really pushed the IV balcony. After reading some of the reviews I am quite doubtful that it is for us. Especially the second leg of the b2b. Maybe the TA would be ok as we find we don’t get quite so much use of the balcony then. I can some further consideration is needed here. 

We enjoyed the Infinite "sunroom" balcony that came with AQ Class but enjoyed our deck 7 middle Sunset Verandah even more, 

Just booked a sky suite on APEX with a normal outside balcony..,away from Magic Carpet side of the ship,

Want a recommendation?  Stay off the Edge/Apex.  Horrid ships with poor traffic design and dark.  Steps are dangerous.  Chairs in the aft loge are terrible/uncomfortable.  Best thing about Edge was the IV cabin.  However, the bathroom had a heated mirror which blasts your face with heat when you get close.  Stay with the Solstice class.

30 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Want a recommendation?  Stay off the Edge/Apex.  Horrid ships with poor traffic design and dark.  Steps are dangerous.  Chairs in the aft loge are terrible/uncomfortable.  Best thing about Edge was the IV cabin.  However, the bathroom had a heated mirror which blasts your face with heat when you get close.  Stay with the Solstice class.

I love the S class ships. I was booked on a May 30th cruise on Apex out of Rome which was cancelled. Although disappointed about missing the cruise I really was not unhappy about giving up our IV. Looking at a cruise for next summer from Amsterdam on the Reflection.  Great itinerary. 

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are on this cruise also and doing b2b with the Nov 4th Caribbean cruise. We booked onboard and the agent really pushed the IV balcony. After reading some of the reviews I am quite doubtful that it is for us. Especially the second leg of the b2b. Maybe the TA would be ok as we find we don’t get quite so much use of the balcony then. I can some further consideration is needed here. 

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the aft-facing sunset verandas are IV cabins or are you just noting that we're on the same cruise, but you simply have no desire to book an IV cabin? We sure hope the sunset verandas have regular balconies.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the aft-facing sunset verandas are IV cabins or are you just noting that we're on the same cruise, but you simply have no desire to book an IV cabin? We sure hope the sunset verandas have regular balconies.

Not at all, the only thing I am saying is that we are on the same sailing. We have an IV cabin which I am having doubts about. I’m sure the SVs have a great balcony. 

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully we’ll have a better experience. Funny that you think the best thing about it was the IV cabin and that’s what I’m worried about. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No worries. The Sunset verandahs have regular, nice size balconies.

This is a photo of 12264.

image.thumb.jpeg.7b823179982afaeca1c1df8efa9bc40d.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

We booked a CC cabin on deck 12 on Apex for the spring TA. Hopefully it isn't too noisy but we like to be near the pool/ buffet. 

We booked one of these thinking the view would be better...

image.png.3facdf84803ee93b8e027a8a236c6cc1.png

The view WON'T be any better from what  I can tell...

I haven't been on Edge/Apex yet, but I did search out the issue looking for relevant photos...and, on one site, found a passenger's photo of #7227--which stands in a similar position vis-a-vis a bump-out.  Both side walls on the "balcony" section were solid...as they appear on every IV balcony...So, the view, as with all of the others, is pretty much straight out.

The IVs with issues would be the ones "inward" from one of these juts out...since, looking in that direction from the balcony, you'd have that solid wall.

For our Apex cruise next summer, we actually ended up with 10188--a concierge class cabin that's 4 cabins from the Magic Carpet bracket.  I assume, when looking out of my balcony to my left, this will block a small amount of my view, but I guess I can live with it being about 40 feet away...I would not want to be any closer though.  Thought of moving the cabin, but I do like the midship location.

I will be taking the Apex, then disembarking and jumping on the Infinity, also in a midship Concierge cabin--old style...So, it will be interesting to get that almost immediate comparison.  I can imagine things I will like about the IV and things I won't...But, as far as I am concerned, I am definitely looking forward to trying it...and pretty sure I'll enjoy ANY cruise in ANY cabin...especially considering the situation right now--when I can't really go anywhere!

1 minute ago, Bruin Steve said:

The view WON'T be any better from what  I can tell...

I haven't been on Edge/Apex yet, but I did search out the issue looking for relevant photos...and, on one site, found a passenger's photo of #7227--which stands in a similar position vis-a-vis a bump-out.  Both side walls on the "balcony" section were solid...as they appear on every IV balcony...So, the view, as with all of the others, is pretty much straight out.

The IVs with issues would be the ones "inward" from one of these juts out...since, looking in that direction from the balcony, you'd have that solid wall.

For our Apex cruise next summer, we actually ended up with 10188--a concierge class cabin that's 4 cabins from the Magic Carpet bracket.  I assume, when looking out of my balcony to my left, this will block a small amount of my view, but I guess I can live with it being about 40 feet away...I would not want to be any closer though.  Thought of moving the cabin, but I do like the midship location.

I will be taking the Apex, then disembarking and jumping on the Infinity, also in a midship Concierge cabin--old style...So, it will be interesting to get that almost immediate comparison.  I can imagine things I will like about the IV and things I won't...But, as far as I am concerned, I am definitely looking forward to trying it...and pretty sure I'll enjoy ANY cruise in ANY cabin...especially considering the situation right now--when I can't really go anywhere!

Amen to that! Let us know how the comparison goes! we usually do concierge or aqua.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

No worries. The Sunset verandahs have regular, nice size balconies.

This is a photo of 12264.

image.thumb.jpeg.7b823179982afaeca1c1df8efa9bc40d.jpeg

Nice balcony but those chairs look very uncomfortable and the tables are small.

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Nice balcony but those chairs look very uncomfortable and the tables are small.

You can ask for loungers.

Some people found the chairs to be comfortable, we didn’t like them. All the verandah tables are that size (with the exception of the higher suites) and yes, they are ridiculously tiny! They are definitely not suitable for breakfast.

Edited by C-Dragons