My October cruise to Canada is going to Bermuda instead!

reeinaz

13 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Hotels in Bermuda have been trying to get Bermudians book  "staycations" at their properties. 

Some hotels, etc. in the summer vacation areas of Maine, generally too expensive for locals, are doing the same thing, some with "pay what you can" deals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's the formal announcement by the tourism minister on the resumption of airline flights to Bermuda on July 1, including the mandated health protocols, which include a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the flight's departure and another COVID-19 test to be performed in Bermuda as soon as possible after arrival in Bermuda:

https://bernews.com/2020/06/airport-reopen-commercial-flights-july-1/

On 6/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

If your sailing goes, it looks like you scored! Hopefully your fellow cruisers feel the same. 

I think the Canada cruise costs more than a Bermuda cruise?

4 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Called NCL UK again today re Canada and was told that NCL haven’t made any changes...

Take it with a pinch of salt. Our cruise on the breakaway in October is no longer available on the website. Though it is still in our account but I expect NCL to contact us that it has been cancelled in the next few days.

21 minutes ago, Yinster said:

Take it with a pinch of salt. Our cruise on the breakaway in October is no longer available on the website. Though it is still in our account but I expect NCL to contact us that it has been cancelled in the next few days.

I know that, I feel sorry for the staff having to say this. We are also on  the Breakaway in October. 

Notice that website isn't on ncl.com?  It's automated, and whatever database they have received from NCL has probably not been updated.

It was posted in another thread (maybe it was on the RCI forum?) that if you bid on an upgrade you actually have to cancel that bid before cancelling your reservation or you risk being on the hook for the bid even though you're not sailing.  Somehow the bids are not linked to the reservation until it's successful.

11 minutes ago, bigwawao said:

NCL finally throws in (most of) the towel.

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings?cid=SM_NCL_PRO_BRA_FBK_LRN_WLP_WHYNCL_SAILUPDATE061620_NA_NA

Notice there isn't gonna be any bermuda cruise.

In fact there won't be any cruise in August and September save for the so called Seattle based Alaska Cruise.

there is a chance they will be some Bermuda cruises in October/November

22 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

F4C765C5-0B96-40D9-97DE-8AE8C19CC84C.jpeg

They are hopeful that through the support of the Alaska delegation and the openness of mayors of Alaska port towns they will be able to sail Alaska from Seattle in September.  Unless Alaska seceeds from the USA (based on 1860 to 1865 not possible) how can these cruises sail?

8 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

F4C765C5-0B96-40D9-97DE-8AE8C19CC84C.jpeg

Still have my FCC from my March cruise that was cancelled.  Got the same email via my TA.  I think there are some cruises (and cruise lines) planning to sail again this year.  So, this looks like a letter stating that they will, indeed!

8 hours ago, mugtech said:

They are hopeful that through the support of the Alaska delegation and the openness of mayors of Alaska port towns they will be able to sail Alaska from Seattle in September.  Unless Alaska seceeds from the USA (based on 1860 to 1865 not possible) how can these cruises sail?

Also here in Seattle, we haven’t even been approved to move to phase 2. I don’t see these cruises happening even if for some reason, Canada magically allowed cruises or Alaska waived the test requirements. Seattle just isn’t ready in regards to the virus yet. 

On 6/12/2020 at 4:36 PM, Snowrose said:

I think the Canada cruise costs more than a Bermuda cruise?

At the time I booked, shortly after the Encore debuted, Bermuda was significantly more expensive than Canada which is why I chose Canada. I wanted to experience the ship. I didn't care about the port. I think I booked at around $1000  (cabin price only) for a studio and my current price, after drops, is $520.