Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

We shouldn’t be surprised that Power Up Points are beginning to be sweeteners attached to actual bookings for cruises or flights as opposed to just plain sweeteners without any ties. Don’t be surprised if Celebrity’s Go Green Program winds down the awarding of Captain’s Club points for sacrificing 1 stateroom servicing per day. Royal Caribbean is already planning to test the stateroom servicing reduction on one of its ships. It may not be long before it becomes a policy for all.

We all have a choice. We can look at the glass half full in the way Celebrity allowed us to earn points (during a pandemic, plus) that helped us advance towards a next Captain’s Club Level that may not have been achieved as quickly without the program. Conversely, we can look at the glass half empty in how we have been totally “wronged” in all of this.

Personally, my vote goes to half full!

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Is she from Alaska?

No, she's a certified Media Star and Influencer.  If you don't understand the appeal of those things [like me], you are part of the group that Celebrity has kicked to the curb [like me] :classic_sad:  

But thankfully I am very happy on Azamara, and these PUPs have boosted my status to Elite Plus [Azamara = Discoverer Plus].  And the split is coming up well before the PUPs will do much toward Zenith [Platinum], so I'm ok if the program as we know it is dead.  

But it would be useful to know for sure, so I can opt out of all the Celebrity marketing emails and texts...

• Like 2

I am sorry you’re not getting what you wanted on this PowerUpPoint opportunity. But I am a little taken aback by some of the responses. The cruise line are giving you something for free.It seems a bit ungrateful to complain that it doesn’t fit your needs.
Maybe I am overly influenced by conversations with children at this time of year and what to do if they get a Christmas present they don’t want, teaching them to smile and say “thank you” not “ I can’t use this, give me something else”

maybe the next PUP will be more to your liking.

Edited by Alakegirl
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Sorry maybe I'm blinded here but what is a Cruisetour compared to an excursion?

A Cruisetour is a land tour before or after your cruise that can be added on.  😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Has anyone actually heard that they are over or are you just speculating. I have seen no announcements to that effect, And in fact the most recent email implies otherwise.

”With power up points you can earn points even when you’re not sailing”

Speculation. 

It's funny because there is one group that loudly complains that CC status is now worthless, and another that clamoring for free points. Can't make everyone happy...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Sorry maybe I'm blinded here but what is a Cruisetour compared to an excursion?

Cruise tour is several days long, visits locations on land, including hotel stays Before or after a cruise

Shore excursion happens during a cruise, morning or afternoon or sometimes all day but generally returns to the ship at night

Transfer takes you from an airport to the ship on embarkation day, or from the ship to an airport on December Quetion day

Sometimes there are transfers which also include some tour, like you find in Fort Lauderdale where there is a Everglades tour for those who have late afternoon flights. So it is a combination of a shore excursion and a transfer

To get the power up points in this promotion, you need to book a cruise tour, perhaps to go see Denali after a northbound Alaska cruise

26 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

i thought you understood that Captain Kate can do anything 

I enjoy her social media content and I'm sure she is a great person (never met Cpt. Kate) but the personality cult is getting a little over the top and it seems to increase all the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

But thankfully I am very happy on Azamara, and these PUPs have boosted my status to Elite Plus [Azamara = Discoverer Plus].  And the split is coming up well before the PUPs will do much toward Zenith [Platinum], so I'm ok if the program as we know it is dead.  

Unfortunately I never got around to sailing Azamara. Alas, my status will go by the wayside.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Unfortunately I never got around to sailing Azamara. Alas, my status will go by the wayside.

Azamara has some cruises out of south Florida in December 2022 and January 2023.  We're taking one on Monday to save our status.

• Like 1

I've signed up for Power Up Points multiple times but have yet to receive ANY emails!  We're Elite captains club members and relatively close to Elite Plus so it would have been nice to accrue the points between sailings.

What might I be doing wrong?  Or is this common?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coldcdn said:

I've signed up for Power Up Points multiple times but have yet to receive ANY emails!  We're Elite captains club members and relatively close to Elite Plus so it would have been nice to accrue the points between sailings.

What might I be doing wrong?  Or is this common?

Yes it's common, and the fixes all seem to work for some people but not for others (and not forever).  I signed up both my account and DW's many times – she seems to get the PUP emails more often and I do, but I still find out about many of them right here on this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes it's common, and the fixes all seem to work for some people but not for others (and not forever).  I signed up both my account and DW's many times – she seems to get the PUP emails more often and I do, but I still find out about many of them right here on this thread.

Thank you for responding.  Interesting!

Where do you go when alerted to a PUP offer on CC, to find it and participate?

19 minutes ago, coldcdn said:

You can't search for them on the Celebrity website (or even The Google...).  But usually someone posts the actual invitation here (with their personal information removed) and you can click on the link.

22 minutes ago, coldcdn said:

The alerts are sent out by Celebrity via email. But we usually find out here first. 

• Like 1