Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

48 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’m afraid Celebrity has cut the person in charge of issuing PUP opportunities.

It would be their loss. Even if one person books a cruise to Asia as a result of watching the video its worth giving away the points. 

• Like 1

The end of Azamara - Celebrity Reciprocity is February 1.  I received the email (below) today.  It appears that there isn't much time left for those who haven't yet sailed Azamara but want to retain their status. And any PUPs we earn from now on will not be included in our Azamara accounts.

After February 1st, you will no longer earn cumulative points and have reciprocity with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean International. We are mindful that it can take some time to adjust, but this is great news for all of us! Having our own loyalty program will allow us to more effectively implement your loyalty program suggestions and improve pre- and post-cruise guest experiences.

We have a few reminders to share with you:

We are happy to announce that you will get to keep the same loyalty account number!

Your loyalty status will be retained in the new Azamara system for past guests who have sailed on Celebrity and Azamara.

We will honor the loyalty points earned on any Celebrity sailing that concludes on or before February 1st.

Thank you for your continued support. We will continue to share more details with you as we move forward.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

The end of Azamara - Celebrity Reciprocity is February 1.  I received the email (below) today.  It appears that there isn't much time left for those who haven't yet sailed Azamara but want to retain their status. And any PUPs we earn from now on will not be included in our Azamara accounts.

After February 1st, you will no longer earn cumulative points and have reciprocity with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean International. We are mindful that it can take some time to adjust, but this is great news for all of us! Having our own loyalty program will allow us to more effectively implement your loyalty program suggestions and improve pre- and post-cruise guest experiences.

We have a few reminders to share with you:

We are happy to announce that you will get to keep the same loyalty account number!

Your loyalty status will be retained in the new Azamara system for past guests who have sailed on Celebrity and Azamara.

We will honor the loyalty points earned on any Celebrity sailing that concludes on or before February 1st.

Thank you for your continued support. We will continue to share more details with you as we move forward.

Thanks.

I didn't even know reciprocity existed. Never sailed Azamara, and probably never will. Though, it lasted just long enough to get me Diamond status with MSC, for whatever little that's worth, lol. Tackled that here in the last 10 days.

Tom

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks.

Though, it lasted just long enough to get me Diamond status with MSC, for whatever little that's worth, lol. Tackled that here in the last 10 days.

Tom

This is the first I've heard of reciprocity with MSC.  Please explain how that works or post a link.

5 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

This is the first I've heard of reciprocity with MSC.  Please explain how that works or post a link.

HERE'S the link to the MSC page for "Status Match".

It's explained a little better HERE.

My Carnival Diamond status and Celebrity Elite Plus status both managed GOLD with MSC. However, I just learned that Azamara Discoverer Plus (I think that's what it was) translated to MSC Diamond. So, I ventured over to the Azamara site and managed to log in (amazingly easy since it was the same log in as Celebrity!), captured a screen shot of my status page, filled out the form at MSC and attached the screenshot. In under 24 hours I received an email with my MSC Voyagers number (w/Diamond tier). All this, and I've never sailed MSC or Azamara! 🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

HERE'S the link to the MSC page for "Status Match".

It's explained a little better HERE.

My Carnival Diamond status and Celebrity Elite Plus status both managed GOLD with MSC. However, I just learned that Azamara Discoverer Plus (I think that's what it was) translated to MSC Diamond. So, I ventured over to the Azamara site and managed to log in (amazingly easy since it was the same log in as Celebrity!), captured a screen shot of my status page, filled out the form at MSC and attached the screenshot. In under 24 hours I received an email with my MSC Voyagers number (w/Diamond tier). All this, and I've never sailed MSC or Azamara! 🙂

Tom

I was trying to replicate what you did...what form did you fill out and attach your screenshot to?  I tried to sign up for Voyager # but I don't have any sailings.

2 hours ago, MamaChach said:

I was trying to replicate what you did...what form did you fill out and attach your screenshot to?  I tried to sign up for Voyager # but I don't have any sailings.

Just do a Google search for "MSC status match". Do not sign up for Voyager separately - they will assign you a number with they give you your status match.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, islandwoman said:

This is the first I've heard of reciprocity with MSC.

Celebrity has no reciprocity with MSC. But MSC has a very generous status match covering a wide range of travel loyalty programs. In the other direction, if you were to ask Celebrity to match status from MSC, they would clutch their pearls and shriek.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@MamaChach

HERE'S a link to the thread which "got me thinking" about this (see post #40).

You might want to ask further questions there (or HERE).

It seemed pertinent to this thread, as it's all about getting points in order to improve ones tier level... so, it's "related".  🙂

Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

Celebrity has no reciprocity with MSC. But MSC has a very generous status match covering a wide range of travel loyalty programs. In the other direction, if you were to ask Celebrity to match status from MSC, they would clutch their pearls and shriek.

MSC is definitely trying to build their base - by throwing some honey out there.

Tom

Be aware MSC expire loyalty points 3 years your last cruise so if you don't intend to sail MSC in the near future hold fire as it's a one time deal, the status match has been available for years and I'm sure it will be there for a long time yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Be aware MSC expire loyalty points 3 years your last cruise so if you don't intend to sail MSC in the near future hold fire as it's a one time deal, the status match has been available for years and I'm sure it will be there for a long time yet.

And also, if you and your partner both have status to match, you should only match one. That way, if your MSC status does expire, the other person can get the status match if you need it. There are no additional benefits to both people in a cabin having status - all benefits are on a per-cabin basis and not a per-person basis..

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

And also, if you and your partner both have status to match, you should only match one. That way, if your MSC status does expire, the other person can get the status match if you need it. There are no additional benefits to both people in a cabin having status - all benefits are on a per-cabin basis and not a per-person basis..

I thought of this strategy but I was told on the MSC board that there is early booking OBC that is per person—not per cabin. So I upgraded both my wife and me. 

29 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

What happened to January opportunity to earn PUPS????????   Celebrity surprise cutbacks, escalating prices and sudden elimination of PUP are a painful way to start the New Year!!!!

YES THIS.  One Day left Celebrity!

Cheers

37 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

What happened to January opportunity to earn PUPS????????   Celebrity surprise cutbacks, escalating prices and sudden elimination of PUP are a painful way to start the New Year!!!!

They're inviting us to spread our wings...

Tom

• Haha 1