Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

@omeinv/Harris.....you are SOOO right! People don't/won't read the thread before asking a question. I find this prevalent on many platforms. I belong to a Facebook group about an AI in the Caribbean and it is the same questions posted over and over and over again. Unfortunately (on that particular group) I feel that people don't want to put forth any effort to help themselves by doing the research, so will post a question instead expecting others to spoon feed them the answer (things like, "what is the weather like in December", "will it rain during my stay", "what room is the best").

you missed out 'can you wear shorts on formal nights?' and 'what do you do about tips?' and the infamous 'do you book direct or use a TA?'

• Haha 1

It is entirely reasonable to appreciate PUP opportunities while bemoaning when they are boring or endlessly self-congratulatory. The production values are Jr High level. X marketing probably can't sit through them, either.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 9:33 AM, bikerunner said:

Find it very funny with people complaining and not complaining.  So many can't get over and rave how personable Captain Kate is, and seems Celebrity is trying to do that with the other Captains and all people do is complain, so don't watch it, but then you will complain there are no Power Up points coming if they stop it.  Very simple, I left it on and made dinner.  Just cannot make everyone happy.  I sailed with all those Captains and the hotel director in the past.  Was nice seeing them in a casual get to know basis.  

Cpt Kate has grown her "brand" by herself through social media and not by pushing personality cults through corporate propaganda.

1 minute ago, Fly and Sail said:

Cpt Kate has grown her "brand" by herself through social media and not by pushing personality cults through corporate propaganda.

And you don't think she has Celebrity monitoring and has guidelines on what she posts on the ship and what she does.  So your saying Celebrity should not help their Face of the Ship Captains as its all fake what they do and post thru Celebrity..  Why do you even bother sailing with them since its all personality cults what they are doing in the webinar.  Hey, I'm happy for her but it is important to understand she is one person in their fleet of captains and the others are just as good in there own ways just not known as well, don't follow her or anyone else tbh cause it's not important to me, but I get it others need to vicariously need to know.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

And you don't think she has Celebrity monitoring and has guidelines on what she posts on the ship and what she does.  So your saying Celebrity should not help their Face of the Ship Captains as its all fake what they do and post thru Celebrity..  Why do you even bother sailing with them since its all personality cults what they are doing in the webinar.  Hey, I'm happy for her but it is important to understand she is one person in their fleet of captains and the others are just as good in there own ways just not known as well, don't follow her or anyone else tbh cause it's not important to me, but I get it others need to vicariously need to know.  

I don't watch their webinar, I let it run while cooking dinner and wait for the points. As I mentioned before I don't care who steers the ship, could be Captain Hook for all I care as long as we're safe and on time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I don't watch their webinar, I let it run while cooking dinner and wait for the points. As I mentioned before I don't care who steers the ship, could be Captain Hook for all I care as long as we're safe and on time.

Exactly as I did.  I heard it in the background paid a little attention on some of the things but made dinner and relaxed while if finished.  I do care in one way do not want Captain Francesco Schettino, tho I even doubt he is allowed near a rowboat at this time for any line, he was never with Celebrity 

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 9:33 AM, bikerunner said:

Find it very funny with people complaining and not complaining.  So many can't get over and rave how personable Captain Kate is, and seems Celebrity is trying to do that with the other Captains and all people do is complain, so don't watch it, but then you will complain there are no Power Up points coming if they stop it.  Very simple, I left it on and made dinner.  Just cannot make everyone happy.  I sailed with all those Captains and the hotel director in the past.  Was nice seeing them in a casual get to know basis.  

I actually agree with what I highlighted.  However, this is entirely different than being forced to watch a half hour long video about different ports/itineraries in order to gain points.  Watching ANY half hour long video can be painful.  As @Fly and Sail states, she built her "brand" on her own and I'll add that's not because she produces half hour long videos, most of her social media are highly entertaining one minute long clips

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Debated as to whether watching the video was worth the 3 CC points which gets me 2213 closer to Zenith, but ran it last night on the patio while I had my evening wine. I actually enjoyed seeing my favorite captain thus far- Cap't Dimitri. He is a funny guy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

being forced to watch a half hour long video about different ports/itineraries in order to gain points

Gaining PUP points is an optional activity, therefore one can not be 'forced' to watch. If you want those optional point watch the webinar otherwise don't.

It's an activity you chose to participate in for a known reward. No one is making you to do something you did not wish to engage with.

That's kind of like saying you are forced to sit in on a timeshare presentation to get that free buffet dinner and tickets to a show on the Vegas strip. 

Edited by binro01
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, binro01 said:

That's kind of like saying you are forced to sit in on a timeshare presentation to get that free buffet dinner and tickets to a show on the Vegas strip. 

You would have to physically force me just to be in Vegas in the first place!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

who...and how...were you forced exactly?

21 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Gaining PUP points is an optional activity, therefore one can not be 'forced' to watch. If you want those optional point watch the webinar otherwise don't.

It's an activity you chose to participate in for a known reward. No one is making you to do something you did not wish to engage with.

Lol, valid...If you want those points that are offered you are forced to START the video or find someone else who's willing to add your CC # to their presentation

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I was thinking perhaps this month.

They did say 14 days following end of month.  In all honesty no big deal for me as already Elite + and I'll never make it to Zenith but you never know Celebrity could add a level in between. I guess my motto is never say never.

4 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

They have many levels in between. It's just that those levels have no unique names and come with no additional benefits.

There's Ze (1000), Zen (1500), Zeni (2000), Zenit (2500).  All with no benfits.

On 5/14/2023 at 3:54 AM, downundermatt said:

Thanks to those that provided the link as I never got the email offering Power Up Points. (Previously I’ve got most of them I think).

I did get a invite to a Edge Seminar last Monday - no mention of points and no option to enter my Captains Club number.

I am an Australian member, wonder if it’s the same Seminar and wonder if Aussies are being targeting differently.

Interesting you mentioned this, I'm Australian and also never received this latest Power Up Points email and like yourself have received others (I've been receiving them & completing them since December 2020).  Also like yourself I did receive an invite to an Edge seminar last Monday with no mention of points or option to enter my Captains Club number.  I'm booked for a Edge cruise in Australia/New Zealand 2024 & thought maybe I didn't get the PUPs because of this trip? 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 7:37 PM, CaroleSS said:

@omeinv/Harris.....you are SOOO right! People don't/won't read the thread before asking a question. I find this prevalent on many platforms. I belong to a Facebook group about an AI in the Caribbean and it is the same questions posted over and over and over again. Unfortunately (on that particular group) I feel that people don't want to put forth any effort to help themselves by doing the research, so will post a question instead expecting others to spoon feed them the answer (things like, "what is the weather like in December", "will it rain during my stay", "what room is the best").

Oh yes , they don't want to do the work and then add TIA.. so I ignore anyone who can't be bothered to at least thank a person who puts time and effort into doing the work. I think ' thanks in advance ' is rude!

16 hours ago, abbydancer said:

There's Ze (1000), Zen (1500), Zeni (2000), Zenit (2500).  All with no benfits.

I think the 1500 level has got benefits - something to do with inner peace and reflection - haven't got there yet and am so f@£$%^g angry about it.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Oh yes , they don't want to do the work and then add TIA.. so I ignore anyone who can't be bothered to at least thank a person who puts time and effort into doing the work. I think ' thanks in advance ' is rude!

Well, to be fair it's not always a desire to avoid trying. The search function on CC is absurdly difficult to use efficiently. And with so many pages of new threads added every day, finding a recent thread not uodated for a few dates, and directly on point, by browsing might take hours if you aren't familiar with what to look for.

Finally, let's say you do find a somewhat relevant thread but it is about what Celebrity is doing on a particular ship, and not yours, or certain things may change each itinerary. So you post your question. Some people will grump about hijacking the thread, some will remember an older thread, and several will gripe because you didn't find the right place to read in the quicksand of the X website.

All that said, not thanking people is indeed a keelhauling offense!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always attempt to encourage people to read their cruise line site FIRST.  If they can't find the answer there, fine, come to the forums.  If you do that, I encourage you to use the "Search" box to look for the most updated information.  Finally, if you don't find what you want, THEN post a thread.

I just hate seeing multiple threads posted on the same issue within a relatively close time frame.  If someone already posted your question, then you're just clogging up the boards for someone else who has a legitimate question that hasn't been asked and answered yet.