Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I thought they did a pretty nice job on this.  First off, it's the first Celebrity webinar that worked properly from a technical perspective.  And I could watch it on my MacBook without the video fading from dark to light to dark every few seconds, so that's a big improvement.

Laura seems like a sharp lady.  Very upbeat, perky, and focused.  Quite likable, actually.  Although I probably would’ve pegged her as more of a chocolate person rather than a cheese person.  As a former police officer, I also appreciate this about her as well...

"Hodges Bethge is active in her community and serves on the board of Easterseals, a nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of people and families with disabilities. She also supports efforts aiding the Police Officer Assistance Trust (POAT), a nonprofit organization that assists officers and their families in times of need."

The questions and answers were pretty good, although I would have preferred to see them address the deterioration in food quality/mashed potatoes for all situation more directly.  In my mind, that’s one of the biggest issues, i.e. the fact that they are advertising their Michelin-starred chef, but serving food of a lower quality, akin to Golden Corral, in some cases.  The thin, fatty sirloin steaks I had a couple of weeks ago on Infinity were an embarrassment, and literally the type of food that I would expect from a cafeteria.

I'm getting close to Elite, so the points are appreciated and it's good to know that the Power Up Points program will continue.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

I enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job of addressing lots of the concerns raised on this forum.

I'm not too worried about the lack of butler service in November in my sky suite as haven't used them much before and I am happy they've added Coco Cay. I tried once with Celebrity years ago and the wind didn't work out. I have been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises just to get to Coco Cay.

But team dog, shouldn't have answered that way!

• Like 1

I was going to do the drinking game everytime she said “our most loyal customers” but I’m afraid I was going to give myself alcohol poisoning. All kidding aside I think she did fairly well. She’s acknowledging some serious first missteps. I just hope she learns from them and remembers communications is key prior to any changes.

• Haha 1

Finally, this feedback presentation has come up; it's taken quite a while (after they lost the questions the first time).

I'd hoped it wouldn't be scripted, but unfortunately it was screened and responses scripted so it is relevant, but less candid. And she's still trying to justify the butler removal with the faux problem. But credit for at least covering all the recent issues.

Edited by The_Big_M

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

My email doesn't have the link to register  for the PUP

https://click.uki.celebritycruises.com/?qs=f32e226823010a51ea0dd236189a9e93c9dd8673cce14d6db6f1f6b760009f370d911ebede768c3f50428513ff499ebfd4e3d3bc8a5f37abace50e3fb5a0a960

This is the link from my e-mail

• Thanks 2

Just now, The_Big_M said:

Finally, this feedback presentation has come up; it's taken quite a while (after they lost the questions the first time).

I'd hoped it wouldn't be scripted, but unfortunately it was screened and responses scripted so it is relevant, but less candid. And she's still trying to justify the butler removal with the faux problem.

Don't worry  "we did not remove butlers.... we made this change to enhance your experience.   The majority of comments have been positive..... hmmmm..

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:13 AM, shipshape sam said:

Don't believe we will see many more PUP's being earned by quizzes.  First off, my guess, is that their return is not worth the points they provide, ie very few people booking a cruise.  I think I read more people providing and/or looking for the answers without watching the program.  

Secondly, I have read that the volume of people booking in 2024 and 2025 is massive industry wide, thus why mess with PUP's.  Anyone wanting to move to next level should be looking to book a cruise and go have a great time!  Then enjoy the CC points being added to their account and hopefully gaining the next higher CC level.  For the mass majority, Elite Plus is the highest level they will achieve, so if there, like I am, looking to earn more PUP's is just for the 'hunt', not to actually reach the next level.

The report of the death of PUP was premature……

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, peterde said:

I was going to do the drinking game everytime she said “our most loyal customers” but I’m afraid I was going to give myself alcohol poisoning. All kidding aside I think she did fairly well. She’s acknowledging some serious first missteps. I just hope she learns from them and remembers communications is key prior to any changes.

"We've made some missteps...but they've been very profitable so we'll likely make some more...!"  😁

• Haha 4

How about the changes to AI, including the Retreat.  Our loyal guests told us they no longer wanted gratuities included and OBC in the Retreat.  Actually, I don't remember this being addressed about the loss in the Retreat but I think the answer would still have been the same: Our loyal guests told us, etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

How about the changes to AI, including the Retreat.  Our loyal guests told us they no longer wanted gratuities included and OBC in the Retreat.  Actually, I don't remember this being addressed about the loss in the Retreat but I think the answer would still have been the same: Our loyal guests told us, etc.

The changes to removing gratuities and OBC from suite bookings was not addressed.   I can't imagine there was a lot of survey feedback "take my suite OBC away"  and if so it would probably be "I don't need $800-1000 of OBC, reduce the fare and drop the OBC? 

• Like 3

Interesting webinar; I agree that the new president is very likeable.  

As far as changes to AI, I am a non-drinker so if they were going to knock three perks down to two, I would be happy with WiFi and gratuities.  Perhaps down the line, that will be an option.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Interesting webinar; I agree that the new president is very likeable.  

As far as changes to AI, I am a non-drinker so if they were going to knock three perks down to two, I would be happy with WiFi and gratuities.  Perhaps down the line, that will be an option.

Hahaha….like going back to 1,2,3 or Go Big…Better or Best!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The changes to removing gratuities and OBC from suite bookings was not addressed.   I can't imagine there was a lot of survey feedback "take my suite OBC away"  and if so it would probably be "I don't need $800-1000 of OBC, reduce the fare and drop the OBC? 

I am not naive enough to believe that the fare in the Retreat will be reduced because of the loss of the gratuities and OBC. Time will tell. There are a few bookings I am watching to see what the pricing is like after October 4.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I am not naive enough to believe that the fare in the Retreat will be reduced because of the loss of the gratuities and OBC. Time will tell. There are a few bookings I am watching to see what the pricing is like after October 4.

Me too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I also have never been asked or surveyed about the benefits of the AI, on board or through email.  

I'd also like to know who participated in those surveys, when they were conducted, and how?  I have seen comments from a couple of Zenith members already who said they were never asked their opinions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

I was just going to say this myself!  My idea of AI does not include WiFi .. I'll take drinks and grats please.  I would never want WiFi over grats.

All this said, 'AI" costs are just added or embedded anyway so it all ends up a wash (if not a loss.)

Edited by poffles

3 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Those were the days. I’d have chosen to ditch the WiFi, given the choice. Many of us most loyal passengers (aka Captain’s Club members) already receive enough WiFi minutes as a perk of the program. 

Edited by thebutlerdidit
  • Like 2