Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

If you get the points to reach the next loyalty level during a cruise, can you access the higher level benefits while on that cruise, or do you have to wait until that cruise is over and you sail on another one?

12 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

If you get the points to reach the next loyalty level during a cruise, can you access the higher level benefits while on that cruise

If you go to the loyalty desk and prove your higher status, they may give you the benefits (at their discretion). They're generally pretty accommodating.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

If you get the points to reach the next loyalty level during a cruise, can you access the higher level benefits while on that cruise, or do you have to wait until that cruise is over and you sail on another one?

The rule is that you have to wait. After all, nearly everyone who moves to another level does so during a cruise.  You can ask the Captains Club host or hostess to make an exception for you, but don’t be surprised if the answer is no.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The rule is that you have to wait.

Where is this "rule" defined?

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

nearly everyone who moves to another level does so during a cruise.

Not true, since points for a cruise don't post until after the cruise is completed. Power-Up points are a special case that can cause you to be bumped during a cruise, though booking multiple cruises in close proximity could make it happen as well as the points for the first cruise could post during the second cruise. (Back-to-back is also a special case where they will actually give you benefits before your points actually post.)

9 hours ago, rakes5 said:

I’m on Wonder of the Seas. I’ll get mine first, right. Here’s a SpaceX Starlink Speedtest, from the Comedy Club. 

IMG_9685.jpeg

That more than double the speed on Celebrity , 😱, unless it has change since November 

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Captain’s Club T&C

7DF48426-0819-4D44-AFB5-D044B2045016.jpeg

Agreed. Last cruise I was on, which were back to back, I and a few others weren't trying for immediate benefits, but just the next cruise as it doesn't credit immediately - and even that was 'problematic' for the CC host. They were definitely not offering any benefits in advance of their terms. But I guess some people somewhere may be lucky.

2 minutes ago, snichols23 said:

We received our points mid cruise

Your PUPs , your points for the cruise you were currently on, or the points for the first of a B2B?  Did you get a higher level mid-cruise when you received these points?

3 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Last cruise I was on, which were back to back, I and a few others weren't trying for immediate benefits, but just the next cruise as it doesn't credit immediately - and even that was 'problematic' for the CC host. They were definitely not offering any benefits in advance of their terms.

When we had the back-to-back where we got to E+ after the first, the CC host had no problem with us or anyone else in the same boat (no pun intended) getting new status on the second cruise. Just goes to show that some employees are customer-focused and some are not.

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Your PUPs , your points for the cruise you were currently on, or the points for the first of a B2B?  Did you get a higher level mid-cruise when you received these points?

Good question.    Unlike the points your receive for a cruise which you don't earn until the end of the cruise and don't show up in your account for about 10 day.   You earned your PUP's prior to the cruise and your account was updated on the cruise, I would think you have a compelling request to the CC Host.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good question.    Unlike the points your receive for a cruise which you don't earn until the end of the cruise and don't show up in your account for about 10 day.   You earned your PUP's prior to the cruise and your account was updated on the cruise, I would think you have a compelling request to the CC Host.  

This would be my argument.  I would hope the CC hosts would upgrade you for the remainder of the cruise.  This seems like a cheap goodwill gesture.  

I wonder if a big part of the issue with recognizing a change in CC loyalty status while on a cruise has to do with being able to see th points in the system. If PUPs result in a change in status and you can see them in your account then the CC host should be able to see that on their computer. Couldn't someone in this situation go to Guest Services and say I'm elite but my card shows select, could you please change this on my card?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

When we had the back-to-back where we got to E+ after the first, the CC host had no problem with us or anyone else in the same boat (no pun intended) getting new status on the second cruise. Just goes to show that some employees are customer-focused and some are not.

You can get it on a back to back after the first on the second. That is nothing new. All the hosts do that. You can't get the new status in the middle of a cruise if it is the cruise that you are going to earn the points on. If you get the status from PUP points that is something different. Seems like status would change then and the host could recognize it. You would show the new status as soon as the point are added. The host can probably do what they do with back to backs. 

Edited by Charles4515

31 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You can get it on a back to back after the first on the second. That is nothing new. All the hosts do that.

There are posts above that claim this is not true, and that some hosts will not do it.

55 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

There are posts above that claim this is not true, and that some hosts will not do it.

I think there has been some confusion about what islandwoman was asking. Originally there was no mention of back to back. Then back to back and PUP were added. 

On 1/9/2024 at 10:36 PM, mahasamatman said:

Where is this "rule" defined?

Not true, since points for a cruise don't post until after the cruise is completed. Power-Up points are a special case that can cause you to be bumped during a cruise, though booking multiple cruises in close proximity could make it happen as well as the points for the first cruise could post during the second cruise. (Back-to-back is also a special case where they will actually give you benefits before your points actually post.)

On a recent B2B we had enough points on day 8 to reach the next level.  We did not get (and didn't expect to) any of the higher level benefits until the 2nd leg.  Although the points had not posted in the main X system the Captains Club Hostess could override the system and we had the higher level perks for the entire 2nd leg.  

• Like 1