Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just checking, is the Captains Club Power Up Points game done as we haven't received any new related emails in over a week nor has anyone posted on this thread since Friday?

Last one was a week ago. They seem to let one end before sending the next. Maybe another tonight or tomorrow?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Last one was a week ago. They seem to let one end before sending the next. Maybe another tonight or tomorrow?

Please post link on the next offer as I do not get the emails even after multiple subscribe requests. Thank you

We’re wondering it you have to already have a X cruise booked in order to get the CC Power Up Points email. It also appears from our experience in this game that only the person who is the primary on that future booking gets the email, regardless of whether the second person has signed up for X promotional emails or not. Does this fit the pattern you all are seeing?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

24 minutes ago, Desert Steve said:

Please post link on the next offer as I do not get the emails even after multiple subscribe requests. Thank you

Haven't gotten a new one yet.

the past ones have been pre-populated with my number though, so not sure how copying it would work.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

47 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re wondering it you have to already have a X cruise booked in order to get the CC Power Up Points email. It also appears from our experience in this game that only the person who is the primary on that future booking gets the email, regardless of whether the second person has signed up for X promotional emails or not. Does this fit the pattern you all are seeing?

My husband has received a couple of the emails although he is always the second person on the booking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Haven't gotten a new one yet.

the past ones have been pre-populated with my number though, so not sure how copying it would work.

I just delete your CC # and insert mine and it has worked in the past. 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You may, perhaps, be giving more credit than deserved by assuming there is a defined method. My wife and I have a limited number of Celebrity cruises, all of which had me as the primary guest and her secondary (everything was charged to my credit card, so I get to be first).

When the Power Up Points started, we did not have a cruise booked with Celebrity at that time and we both got the e-mails.

At the end of June, there had been three Power Up promos and we had both participated in two (skipped the social media one). At that time, we also booked a transpacific on Celebrity for April 2022. After we had a reservation for a future cruise (again with me as primary), the Power Up e-mails have been sent with my wife's name and number only, not mine. However, the e-mails were sent to my e-mail address with her name and number.

My pattern recognition ability does not cover this.

Oh, she is also getting promotional e-mails from Azamara sent to my e-mail address.

Edited by ExArkie
Added the last line

25 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

You may, perhaps, be giving more credit than deserved by assuming there is a defined method. My wife and I have a limited number of Celebrity cruises, all of which had me as the primary guest and her secondary (everything was charged to my credit card, so I get to be first).

When the Power Up Points started, we did not have a cruise booked with Celebrity at that time and we both got the e-mails.

At the end of June, there had been three Power Up promos and we had both participated in two (skipped the social media one). At that time, we also booked a transpacific on Celebrity for April 2022. After we had a reservation for a future cruise (again with me as primary), the Power Up e-mails have been sent with my wife's name and number only, not mine. However, the e-mails were sent to my e-mail address with her name and number.

My pattern recognition ability does not cover this.

Oh, she is also getting promotional e-mails from Azamara sent to my e-mail address.

Well, there goes my theory ... 

Received the next offer today.   Book air with Flights By Celebrity for my 6/12/2021 Baltics cruise by 8/2 and receive 50 power up points.   Unfortunately the link to Flights By Celebrity doesn't work for my cruise since the return date is more than 330 days out.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Received the next offer today.   Book air with Flights By Celebrity for my 6/12/2021 Baltics cruise by 8/2 and receive 50 power up points.   Unfortunately the link to Flights By Celebrity doesn't work for my cruise since the return date is more than 330 days out.

I wonder if I have been mistaken, I assumed everyone was getting the same offers. But there certainly isn't any reason why they couldn't do multiple promotions for different cruises/experiences.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just to clarify, did they specify that cruise or did they use "your upcoming cruise" or words to that effect.

In either event, would it be possible to book your flight with an earlier return date, and then change it later? It might be worth asking the Captains Club, as you would still have met the basic requirement. Of course, it might not be worth the effort for 5 points, depending on your situation.

This is the first of these we haven't received, even with a booking in hand. 😕😷

It was for that specific cruise, not one of the 7 others on the books.  It has to be done using the online booking tool.  If you or your TA use the call center it doesn't count.  Also points only awarded to 1 member.

image.png.05570a59ec5c8cdcf7ad1b2a585f7625.png

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

It was for that specific cruise, not one of the 7 others on the books.  It has to be done using the online booking tool.  If you or your TA use the call center it doesn't count.  Also points only awarded to 1 member.

image.png.05570a59ec5c8cdcf7ad1b2a585f7625.png

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

New one out today. Quick and easy survey.

I wish I was sent the emails . . . I have signed up online more than once and even spoken with someone at the Captain's Club #.  I receive many emails from Celebrity, but not these.

6 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I wish I was sent the emails . . . I have signed up online more than once and even spoken with someone at the Captain's Club #.  I receive many emails from Celebrity, but not these.

the same here - I received the very first and second ones and that's it :-)