Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I just got 10 too.  I have no idea why.  If one was for a shore excursion it will be removed I think.  If I keep 5, I make Elite + in a month for sure.

I'll bet they don't take away the points.  That would require a lot more effort from an already overworked IT department.   Please let us know what happens.

To the best of my records, I've collected 85 additional CC points.  These were all webinars, surveys and quizzes and 5 shore excursion points (with thanks to mahdnc for providing a link to register my shore excursion). I didn't do any social meeting posting.  

41 minutes ago, Mike1x said:

Can you not earn these as a preview member? I've done the webinar, excursion booking and quiz and still have 0 total.

I believe the PUPS are for all Captain Club members. Call the CC and ask. 1-800-760-0654. 

Captain's Club Terms & Conditions

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll#Terms

*Power Up Points can be earned by eligible members in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand for various non-sailing activities such as taking surveys, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month are converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity. The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy and our Social Media Fan Page Notice available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/social . Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Point activity. Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captains Club program. Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice.

Edited by gerelmx

4 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

To the best of my records, I've collected 85 additional CC points.  These were all webinars, surveys and quizzes and 5 shore excursion points (with thanks to mahdnc for providing a link to register my shore excursion). I didn't do any social meeting posting.  

We had to register our shore excursions....? I don't remember doing that. Could you possibly provide said link?

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

It's great that you were able to reach Elite Plus.  Like you, we did not do any social media posting either.  So far we have "earned" a total of 88 Club Points thru the PowerUp Points program--equivalent to taking a 14 night balcony cabin cruise each year for the past two years which is what we would have been doing.  In October we will take our first cruise since the pandemic and earn them the old fashion way (15 night balcony cruise).  

We are far from Elite Plus.  In Nov of next year, we have an 11 night Galapagos cruise package booked during a double CC point promotion which should earn us 264 points and by itself will push us into Elite Plus territory.  The thousands and thousands of dollars we are spending on that cruise will all be worth it to get that extra free bag of laundry on our future cruises.  Woo hoo.  Although my wife always rolls her eyes when I say that and responds with, "you don't do your laundry anyway".

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'll bet they don't take away the points.  That would require a lot more effort from an already overworked IT department.   Please let us know what happens.

If I can I will.  I'm, of course, assuming that 5 of the points were from the shore ex promotion on the cruise we had to cancel.

Strange, I received 5 and my wife received 15?  But we both did the same activities.  Only thing I can think of is she booked us for 2 excursions (does anyone know if you can double up on this?).   She is the primary on the cruise booking. I'm supposed to get points too as my account is linked to the reservation,  but. . .

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I would call the Captains Club. 1-800-760-0654

Unfortunately, the Captain's Club rep's are no where near as good as they use to be.  I've been on hold for 80 minutes and I'm nowhere near solving my problem.  The first agent said I needed to talk with the Loyalty Department and would transfer me.  All she did was send me back to the beginning of the line.  The second agent told me the same thing but I requested she stay on the line with me until we get the Loyalty Department.  We're both still waiting.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Unfortunately, the Captain's Club rep's are no where near as good as they use to be.  I've been on hold for 80 minutes and I'm nowhere near solving my problem.  The first agent said I needed to talk with the Loyalty Department and would transfer me.  All she did was send me back to the beginning of the line.  The second agent told me the same thing but I requested she stay on the line with me until we get the Loyalty Department.  We're both still waiting.

Thanks. Would be great to have a direct phone number for the Loyalty Department. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Would be great to have a direct phone number for the Loyalty Department. 

Not only did I not get a phone number for the Loyalty Department, I never actually talked to them.  The agent took my information and relayed it to the Loyalty Department.

• Thanks 1

This number is buried in the Terms and Conditions in respect to linking accounts.  I don't see it on their contact us page.

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654

8 minutes ago, amcco said:

This number is buried in the Terms and Conditions in respect to linking accounts.  I don't see it on their contact us page.

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654

That's the CC number. Loyalty Department is a different group with a different phone number.