Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, rotoal said:

Did anyone else get points added sometime yesterday?   I expected points on the 14th of this month, but not on the first or the second of the month.

Nothing yet this month

I just got an email from them.  When the webinar was glitching I sent an email.  They replied today with a link in case I hadn’t watched it.  They also said that if I had seen it (I did) points would be awarded June 14.   Turns out that I may need the points as my shore excursion points for the excursion Sunday will be removed since I had to cancel due to covid.  We’re rebooked for July so should still have enough with the webinar and go green to make elite plus then. 

2 hours ago, macusr said:

Just confirmed we got 5 points posted so that must be the Celebrate with the CEO webinar.

Maybe not.  I watched the " Celebrate with the CEO webinar" and have not received any points, yet.

Today DH and I both received the weekly Celebrity Selects emails that shows cruises X has selected that they think we should buy. At the top of each of our emails it shows our name, captains club numbers, captains club points total and points needed to attain the next level. We both do all of the same PUP activities (actually I do them separately for both of us). The points total on the email show that DH has 5 points higher than I have although our accounts when we each log in show the same total. I thought that perhaps mine was showing the same total as his because of relationship points. I was bored so I decided to spend 2 1/2 hours on hold to check it out. I explained to the person who answered that we should have the same total regardless of relationship points because we both do the activities (and in fact I often do them for DH). Even when there is a webinar I log in separately for each of us on our own links and run the webinars on 2 different devices. (I know I don't have to do that but I do.) She fully understood the problem and took quite a bit of time verifying that both of us did all the same activities and that our actual points totals as well as our relationship points totals were the same. She couldn't begin to figure our why the email showed a 5 point difference.  X IT at work again!

16 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Today DH and I both received the weekly Celebrity Selects emails that shows cruises X has selected that they think we should buy. At the top of each of our emails it shows our name, captains club numbers, captains club points total and points needed to attain the next level. We both do all of the same PUP activities (actually I do them separately for both of us). The points total on the email show that DH has 5 points higher than I have although our accounts when we each log in show the same total

The marketing emails often lag behind other emails when it comes to accurate CC points. I received the same email you did, and my total points displayed in the email was 3 points less than my actual total. The marketing team database must have accessed points accrued before our most recent points hit our CC account. If in doubt, save yourself time and frustration by logging onto your CC account to verify your points. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Today DH and I both received the weekly Celebrity Selects emails that shows cruises X has selected that they think we should buy. At the top of each of our emails it shows our name, captains club numbers, captains club points total and points needed to attain the next level. We both do all of the same PUP activities (actually I do them separately for both of us). The points total on the email show that DH has 5 points higher than I have although our accounts when we each log in show the same total. I thought that perhaps mine was showing the same total as his because of relationship points. I was bored so I decided to spend 2 1/2 hours on hold to check it out. I explained to the person who answered that we should have the same total regardless of relationship points because we both do the activities (and in fact I often do them for DH). Even when there is a webinar I log in separately for each of us on our own links and run the webinars on 2 different devices. (I know I don't have to do that but I do.) She fully understood the problem and took quite a bit of time verifying that both of us did all the same activities and that our actual points totals as well as our relationship points totals were the same. She couldn't begin to figure our why the email showed a 5 point difference.  X IT at work again!

The selects email says 2061 to the next tier. 😰   I don’t think the webinar points are showing yet but I am not closely keeping track since I will never get to the next tier.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I have been doing the same with DH, although now that there are separate lines to enter CC numbers for the webinars, I only do them once.   

I was getting emails for DH with his CC number count, but that stopped a few months ago, which didn't bother me as long as we were both Elite.   He should have 3 points less than I have, but when I had him log in and check, he shows as having 175 points.   That was the total we had before our last cruise 3 years ago - 14 nights in Aqua. 

I did call Celebrity a month or so ago, only on hold for an hour and was reassured that he really had over 300 points.  Our Xpress passes both show that we are Elite, but his point total remains at 175 points, never reflecting the webinars or the quizzes.

Hopefully the CC Host/Hostess on our next cruise will be able to resolve this in person.  Otherwise when DH retires I'll make him try to get a job with Celebrity IT!

I just checked my Captain's Club points.  I received the 5 points from the May webinar.   I had trouble watching it because it kept freezing.  And I really wanted to watch Captain Kate.   I did see most of it.  Happy to see the points.  

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We just recently sailed and pre cruise I had a few more points than my husband, but knew that his would jump after the cruise. I got awarded with the points for the cruise, but he still has the same. They told me it doesn’t matter because he matches me. They couldn’t answer what would happen if we didn’t sail together. Either way, he should still get his points!

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

The marketing emails often lag behind other emails when it comes to accurate CC points. I received the same email you did, and my total points displayed in the email was 3 points less than my actual total. The marketing team database must have accessed points accrued before our most recent points hit our CC account. If in doubt, save yourself time and frustration by logging onto your CC account to verify your points. 

Yes but it seemed odd that we both did the PUP activities (or should I say I did them for both in many cases) and we received the Celebrity Selects emails on the same day to our different email accounts the the number of points shown differed by 5 . If they were the same (both missing 5) that's what I would have thought. 

New quiz (Caribbean) is available!

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/EarnPointsSurvey

All the answers can be found here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/caribbean-cruises

1. West

2. Fruits

3. Personailty

4. True

5. Rum distilleries

6. Financial district

7. 80

8. True

Have a nice day!

image.thumb.png.e14da2b9c138f4c09b91fe8059d37ca7.png

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 23

12 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

1. West

2. Fruits

3. Personailty

4. True

5. Rum distilleries

6. Financial district

7. 80

8. True

Have a nice day!

image.thumb.png.e14da2b9c138f4c09b91fe8059d37ca7.png

Thank you. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

1. West

2. Fruits

3. Personailty

4. True

5. Rum distilleries

6. Financial district

7. 80

8. True

Have a nice day!

Was this for 10 PUPs as per usual quiz? I didn't get the email yet. Thanks for the heads up.