Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

47 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

I think your answer 5 should be 5 not 4.     "Zipline over the canopy of Puerto Vallarta’s lush jungle,"

There is only 4 options showing when I look at it, hence it is 4 for me 

5 – Zipline over the canopy of the           lush jungle.
  Ensenada
  Mazatlán
  Cabo San Lucas
  Puerto Vallarta

You get a 5th option?

To @DolebludgerFirst, you didn't originate this thread, it was beguan by @cruisestitch in 2020. Second, you are confused. If you have completed a X cruise and signed up for Captains Club, regardless of cabin type, you have points which you should be able to see when you sign into the X site. If you sign in and don't see them, call Captains Club at  800-760-0654 with your sailing history and they will fix them or tell you where to look. Any points that have been added by completing PUP activities should be added to that total. Captains Club tier level benefits are listed on the X website. Only you can decide whether benefits offered by Capains Club levels are meaningful to you. They are something they don't have to offer, and are generally small niceties that are appreciated by many members.

Here's a link to the X site page that shows the tiers and benefits.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ca4feeb#/9ca4feeb/1

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I still don't fully understand why more cruise lines don't sail out of San Diego, my hometown.

1. It's closer to Mexico.

2. The city is nicer.

3. Port is super convenient to downtown SD and to the airport.  Barely a 5 minute cab ride from Lindbergh Field.  Plenty to do a short Uber ride (or long walk) from the port in downtown.

I agree, we sailed on a Panama Canal cruise last fall that left from San Diego and it was great.   It was nice just to walk across the street to board the ship.  However the 5 minute Uber ride from the airport to the hotel cost me $40 with about a $20 minute wait.  

18 hours ago, roked said:

New PUP email arrived in my inbox and another quiz for 10 points

Read it here https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/destinations/mexico-cruises/mexican-riviera-cruises

Quiz link here https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/k0du2xwbjh0?

answers are 3,3,1,2,4,1,3,1

Do people really hate reading and learning things that much....?  It took me all of 5 minutes just a moment ago...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I still don't fully understand why more cruise lines don't sail out of San Diego, my hometown.

1. It's closer to Mexico.

2. The city is nicer.

3. Port is super convenient to downtown SD and to the airport.  Barely a 5 minute cab ride from Lindbergh Field.  Plenty to do a short Uber ride (or long walk) from the port in downtown.

Unless you've been involved in port costs negotiations, we'll never know.  Supplies/logistics etc come into play too.  

16 hours ago, Stockjock said:

1 – Watch in wonder as majestic           breach the Pacific Ocean.

Whales

2 – Our cruises to the Mexican Riviera depart from          .

Los Angeles

3 – The           is the up and coming wine region of Mexico.

Guadalupe Valley

4 – Feast on tacos made with homemade           and try some of the other delectable cuisine while on a Mexican Riviera cruise.

Tortillas

5 – Zipline over the canopy of the           lush jungle.

Puerto Vallarta

6 – Mexico is known for its tequila and a cruise to the Mexican Riviera will take you in close proximity to some of the country’s best distilleries.

True

7 – The most famous sight to see in Cabo San Lucas is          .

El Arco

8 – El Arco is a large rock that is a part of the Land’s End rock formation a short distance off the coast of Cabo made famous for its arch shape.

True

Why do you feel the need to post the answers? Cheating helps no one and I may be in the minority but to see fellow readers giving this a thumbs up is actually quite depressing. 
No doubt I’ll be ridiculed for posting but at least I’m not a cheat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Do people really hate reading and learning things that much....?

When it's useless information (i.e., marketing drivel), yes.

33 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Why do you feel the need to post the answers? Cheating helps no one

You certainly take this a lot more seriously than the vast majority. It's a time waster, and not a test.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Did anyone in the US get this email?

I got it and took the quiz and got the PU point(s).  I have a weird question that I couldn't find the answer to in the T&C for the promo.  I'm currently "preview" as I've never sailed Celebrity before (have one scheduled in March).  If I take at least 2 PU and they transfer as 2 points to the CC, does that mean I move from preview to classic?  Or does that only happen after my cruise?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Why do you feel the need to post the answers? Cheating helps no one and I may be in the minority but to see fellow readers giving this a thumbs up is actually quite depressing. 

I have to agree, it's not exactly a calculus final exam. Anyone with an attention span longer than that of a goldfish, shouldn't have a problem with the quiz. It's not designed to be difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

When it's useless information (i.e., marketing drivel), yes.

You certainly take this a lot more seriously than the vast majority. It's a time waster, and not a test.

If you don’t want/need to participate in this program, that's great.
But why denigrate it when others are happy to have the opportunity to get extra points without sailing?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swjumbo said:

If this thread is depressing you, perhaps you should stop following it.  This thread is over 5000 posts, so a lot of people must find it beneficial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swjumbo said:

This is not ridicule but another perspective perhaps you've not considered.  This is neither a school test for grades nor a work production evaluation, but rather a marketing tool used by a cruise company to keep their customers interested in their product. They really don't care how you get the answers as long as you participate in the activities and show you still have interest in their cruise line. Their hope is that at some point, if they've maintained your interest you'll book another cruise with them. Those of us following this thread are interested in X cruises, so in that sense X has achieved their goal.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, swjumbo said:

At least one person posts the answers every quiz; most who post the answers have a different mindset, they don't see themselves as a cheat, they see themselves as being helpful.

• Like 4

OK…I enjoy the quiz activities…

Retired, presently limited mobility and sick of crossword puzzles! I love to see how many questions I know the answer to before reading the ‘information’….We are E + with little chance of getting to Zenith but you never know….we may win the lottery we never enter!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

OK…I enjoy the quiz activities…

Retired, presently limited mobility and sick of crossword puzzles! I love to see how many questions I know the answer to before reading the ‘information’….We are E + with little chance of getting to Zenith but you never know….we may win the lottery we never enter!

I do that, too. Then I open the marketing page in a separate window and double check before submitting. 

• Like 3

Of course, the always-unreliable X website encourages "cheating" by not connecting to the "lesson" properly.

If this be cheating, I happily confess to cheating rather than trying for more than, say, 2 minutes to get to the material.

I will also happily spend an extra hour sitting quietly on my balcony as punishment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

At least one person posts the answers every quiz; most who post the answers have a different mindset, they don't see themselves as a cheat, they see themselves as being helpful.

Here’s hoping the doctor who operates on you or a close family member hasn’t been gifted the answers of a past paper by a previous student!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Here’s hoping the doctor who operates on you or a close family member hasn’t been gifted the answers of a past paper by a previous student!

lol, right back at ya...Luckily, doctors have anti-cheating protocols in place, X doesn't (probably because they don't care)

42 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They are spoiling the quiz for those of us who want to take the quiz. I don’t mind much as I can manage to skip over the spoilers. I call it spoiling not cheating because if we get a wrong answer we can go back and change our answer so those who just copy the answers are not getting an advantage on me. 

46 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

When I worked for the court, we were convinced that a number of attorneys paid someone else to take the bar test for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5