You are not sailing this year at all. Lets stop the illusion

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I do understand what you are saying with regard to the numbers and I appreciate the link.  But I am still unclear on what you think the US should do.  

Well if I were Florida's Governor I would look at 2,600 cases in one day (versus the 79 in South Korea) and decide to close down museums, bars, clubs, restaurants, parks, beaches etc as they have done in South Korea. South Korea also opened them then 79 new cases later and they've shut them down again.

Florida allowing all these places to remain open with that big of a surge is gross mismanagement and will prevent many of us cruising for a long time.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think you said somewhere you were on the Bliss in March.  Which sailing?  We were on the 3/1...and on 3/9 we got a notice that a child on our sailing tested positive.

I was on the 3/8, but we didn't get the notification until the day after we returned (got back on 3/15 - got the email from NCL on 3/16.)

Very interesting that you were notified on 3/9 (while our cruise was underway.)  The Captain did make an announcement on Day 2 that we were going into high sanitation mode (no self-serve buffet, etc.) and for us "not to read anything into it" - that it was simply a proactive precaution.

Hope you are well and staying safe!! 🙂

2 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Well if I were Florida's Governor I would look at 2,600 cases in one day (versus the 79 in South Korea) and decide to close down museums, bars, clubs, restaurants, parks, beaches etc as they have done in South Korea. South Korea also opened them then 79 new cases later and they've shut them down again.

Florida allowing all these places to remain open with that big of a surge is gross mismanagement and will prevent many of us cruising for a long time.

Appreciate the elaboration.  Thank you.

35 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Im going to go right to number 3

there is already major discussions on how ships will disembark if/when there are cases on board. It will NOT be as easy as you think

There will be no significant changes to disembarkation except maybe having symptomatic persons go last.  Any hint of complications and people will just refuse to be tested.  But it still won't matter, cruise ship cases will not be significant compared to the general population.

1 minute ago, boatseller said:

There will be no significant changes to disembarkation except maybe having symptomatic persons go last.  Any hint of complications and people will just refuse to be tested.  But it still won't matter, cruise ship cases will not be significant compared to the general population.

I guess we will find out. no sense going back and forth with this without evidence. But we will put a placeholder here to see if there is a specific designation on what to so in writing or the first cruise with a covid passenger ...

stay tuned

13 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

well i agree , we know why they opened "early" and are staying open .   thankfully VA numbers came down . but it seems like a rollercoaster up and down . 

23 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Unfortunately due to gross mismanagement of the situation here in the USA it is impossible to do that now.

You mean the gross mismanagement in places like New York City & State.

There are a lot of exacerbating factors in the US that South Korea did not have to deal with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boatseller said:

There are a lot of exacerbating factors in the US that South Korea did not have to deal with.

interesting to call NY mismanagement when they are the ONLY ones to follow the GOVERNMENT and CDC guidelines and the ONLY one to show significant downward progress... not like Florida

Ill take that mismanagement to save lives.. Ill take that every single day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I was on the 3/8, but we didn't get the notification until the day after we returned (got back on 3/15 - got the email from NCL on 3/16.)

Very interesting that you were notified on 3/9 (while our cruise was underway.)  The Captain did make an announcement on Day 2 that we were going into high sanitation mode (no self-serve buffet, etc.) and for us "not to read anything into it" - that it was simply a proactive precaution.

Hope you are well and staying safe!! 🙂

We disembarked healthy.  DH came down with covid early-mid April and I had a mild case.

Your Day 2...was 3/9...same day the 3/1 passengers were notified.  Transparency, right?  (I guess no point to panic people.)  They must have done a massive cleaning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

interesting to call NY mismanagement when they are the ONLY ones to follow the GOVERNMENT and CDC guidelines and the ONLY one to show significant downward progress... not like Florida

Ill take that mismanagement to save lives.. Ill take that every single day.

there will always be 40 percent of ppl that dont agree on how it should be handled.  i think he is doing a great job ,   if he opened too early he would be blamed for rising cases.  i want things open but we have to be smart about it.   if the florida Gov , cost me a cruise in august, im going to be poed. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, boatseller said:

How was there mismanagement in NYC?  Besides dealing with covid, we also had to deal with huge protesting and looting.  Despite this...our statistics have only improved.

In addition...we have to deal with population density.  Once you leave your apt there's no such thing as social distancing because it's impossible.  And lines for supermarkets....etc.

I'd say our recovery is nothing short of a miracle!

Where do I sign up for that "New Yorkers Only Cruise".

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We disembarked healthy.  DH came down with covid early-mid April and I had a mild case.

Your Day 2...was 3/9...same day the 3/1 passengers were notified.  Transparency, right?  (I guess no point to panic people.)  They must have done a massive cleaning.

Tabby. What were his symptoms?  Im having a sore throat , loose stool (sorry) running  99.7 temp.   Sneezing .  and body aches.   

12 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes, I'm sure they cleaned, but I wonder if they quarantined the crew members they KNEW had exposure to that child (room steward?)  I don't know how they would have even identified who else on the crew the child came in contact with (who then could have contracted and spread it to our sailing and the rest of the crew.)

Happy to hear that you've all recovered! 🙂  We are all among the lucky ones and I can't be more thankful.  Even though we "may" have immunity at least for a while, I have no intentions of cruising until I see that cruising has resume for many months without incident.

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Tabby. What were his symptoms?  Im having a sore throat , loose stool (sorry) running  99.7 temp.   Sneezing .  and body aches.   

Seaman are you joking???  PLEASE get a test!  These boards wouldn't be the same without you.

I'm serious.  GO!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, seaman11 said:

no oklahoma at least 200k maybe more will gather . 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/14/trump-campaign-manager-says-800000-registered-for-tickets-to-tulsa-rallybut-the-venue-only-seats-19200/#713248332e44

"Rally in Tulsa is hottest ticket ever!" he posted. "Over 200K tickets already & it’s not even political season. Looking at a 2nd event in town to get more people to be w/  Gonna be GREAT in the most open state in nation! Register."

200,000 people might be interested in tickets, but the arena in Tulsa only holds about 15,000.  So obviously, 200,000 aren't going to be able to be there...thankfully for Tulsa's sake.

Seaman, I recommend you get a Covid test ASAP.

I think i will . i may have a mild case. Iv had an off and on sore throat before i went to the beach.  I went to walmart thursday.  I felt tired yesterday.  Now today these symptoms. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

Seaman, I recommend you get a Covid test ASAP.

Yes - anyone who wants one was able to get one months ago so shouldn't be a problem now. You really should get tested with those symptoms especially if with a cough as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Seaman are you joking???  PLEASE get a test!  These boards wouldn't be the same without you.

I'm serious.  GO!

Did you experience these symptoms?  No real coughing though.  

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

I think i will . i may have a mild case. Iv had an off and on sore throat before i went to the beach.  I went to walmart thursday.  I felt tired yesterday.  Now today these symptoms. 

You could have picked it up in any of those places...or not at all.  Either way, get the test and please keep us posted.  Take care of yourself...praying for a negative test result.

• Like 2

Just now, seaman11 said:

Did you experience these symptoms?  No real coughing though.  

My initial symptom was fatigue and body aches for a few days  Then added runny nose and sneezing (no fever, no bad cough, no sore throat.)  Then added the gastro symptoms you are having.  Within a few days sudden shortness of breath.  Then got the test = positive.

• Like 1

Just now, pcakes122 said:

My initial symptom was fatigue and body aches for a few days  Then added runny nose and sneezing (no fever, no bad cough, no sore throat.)  Then added the gastro symptoms you are having.  Within a few days sudden shortness of breath.  Then got the test = positive.

So if it turns up positive would i then be immune later? 

2 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I'm not joking at all. This virus is nowhere near what they said it would be. Again, hospitals here are empty. Empty. Prior to re-starting "elective" surgeries, medical personnel were laid off because they have absolutely nothing to do. The "soaring" numbers you are referring to in Florida is solely due to the testing in the agricultural communities located within Collier, Martin, and Palm Beach Counties. The percentage of severely ill people is extremely low. Anyone with an underlying condition should not be take cruises, traveling, or going out.  

I wish everyone who thought this in the US spent a week in NYC during the height of the virus. Your view would change instantly 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1