You are not sailing this year at all. Lets stop the illusion

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

So if it turns up positive would i then be immune later? 

That's the thing - no one really knows.  The general consensus is that we at least have immunity "for this season/wave."  I'll take it.

But you need to get checked so that (heaven forbid) you do have it, you can get on top of it vs. winding up in a hospital.  There is no exact treatment plan, but there are lots of things that are helping lots of people.  Don't hesitate!  (and try and quarantine just in case so you don't spread it to family/friends until you know for sure.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

I wish everyone who thought this in the US spent a week in NYC during the height of the virus. Your view would change instantly 

Sadly I think they are going to wind up seeing it first hand in some of these states! 

9 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I think i will . i may have a mild case. Iv had an off and on sore throat before i went to the beach.  I went to walmart thursday.  I felt tired yesterday.  Now today these symptoms. 

Even though I believe it is just trolling. 

That would be another prime example as why cruise lines should and will be careful. Because who would be the first ones going on a cruise as soon as they open? People who have been social distancing thoroughly, taking all precautions like wearing face mask regardless if enforced or not? Probably not. So you get the worst combination age and behavior wise. And with that and the build limitations of cruise ships result in a more than average risk of an outbreak on board. 

2 minutes ago, onetimearoundtheworld said:

Even though I believe it is just trolling. 

That would be another prime example as why cruise lines should and will be careful. Because who would be the first ones going on a cruise as soon as they open? People who have been social distancing thoroughly, taking all precautions like wearing face mask regardless if enforced or not? Probably not. So you get the worst combination age and behavior wise. And with that and the build limitations of cruise ships result in a more than average risk of an outbreak on board. 

No. Not trolling.  I do have the symptoms iv described but could be a summer cold or a bug.  Ill find out. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

No. Not trolling.  I do have the symptoms iv described but could be a summer cold or a bug.  Ill find out. 

As others have said...get yourself tested ASAP both for your sake and the sake of others you come in contact with.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Clearly you are not aware of @seaman11's presence across many boards on CC.  I can think of a lot of words to describe him...optimistic, fanatical, enthusiastic, Troll isn't one of them...

Thank you.  If i was going to troll it wouldn't be this.  My agenda is to cruise asap. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

remember, if you do have it.. you need to do a thorough contact tracing for the last 2 weeks. who have you been in contact with. where have you gone. The ONLY way we beat this is if we stay on contact tracing when we can

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Did you experience these symptoms?  No real coughing though.  

He had pneumonia (in hospital), shallow breathing (put on oxygen), cough (I thought his lungs were coming up), 104 temp, sluggish and chills.  He was in the hospital.  I had mild symptoms...coughing & temp, sluggish.  No diarrhea but looser stools.  I had a general feeling of malaise.

Both of us were sluggish for weeks...but, since we had to stay home, it may have just been  boredom and lazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Nobody knows and the test isn't accurate.  Both tests...for covid and antibodies...not reliable.

I felt sluggish since sat. I have no high fever. No cold shakes. Or chills. Maybe im just jumping the gun.  Ill have a look to get tested in case.  

13 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

remember, if you do have it.. you need to do a thorough contact tracing for the last 2 weeks. who have you been in contact with. where have you gone. The ONLY way we beat this is if we stay on contact tracing when we can

I went to the beach on the 7th . I wore a mask in the hotel lobby. I had no contact with anyone.  I did swim in the pool unmasked but always 6 feet apart.  Way away from anyone at the beach went into the ocean 3 times. Did go to a few resturants un masked but they sat ppl apart to distance.  I did work a bit when i came back.  But thats no contact type of work.  Inside buildings always a mask.  Then i went to walmart thursday. Mask on.  Stayed home all weekend. Note i keep purel on me or in car.  I wash my hands frequently.  

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Clearly you are not aware of @seaman11's presence across many boards on CC.  I can think of a lot of words to describe him...optimistic, fanatical, enthusiastic, Troll isn't one of them...

I can't agree with you there, at least not a significant presence in recent times. The numbers don't lie. He's made about 600 posts since May 1 and maybe 50 were on the Carnival board and 1 on Royal Caribbean. All the rest...90% of his posts... were here on the NCL board. 

Edited by njhorseman

32 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I felt sluggish since sat. I have no high fever. No cold shakes. Or chills. Maybe im just jumping the gun.  Ill have a look to get tested in case.  

My physician has a triage line for conveying symptoms and then informing the caller whether they should be tested.  Please do not hesitate to call your healthcare provider for advice.  Let them help you make the call re testing.

• Like 1

from the UK Government 

The main symptoms of coronavirus are:

• high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.

Can not see Diarrhrea 

2 minutes ago, bmwman said:

That's the CDC  it is true not one patient I know has presented with that symptom in the COVID wards . That is I am afaid typical cover any angle just in case you get sued for wrong advice  

Thats y i wanted to ask those who had it or a spouse. Because as i understand it. Some can have different symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, bmwman said:

from the UK Government 

The main symptoms of coronavirus are:

• high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.

Can not see Diarrhrea 

That might be because the title is "main" symptoms.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Thats y i wanted to ask those who had it or a spouse. Because as i understand it. Some can have different symptoms. 

That's the problem with this beast, not everybody is the same. Get it checked for your own piece of mind.  

• Like 3