November Cruising

pasta1

3 hours ago, franktown said:

I believe you have a additional 30 days to make your decision.  Princess has changed the final payment date to 60 days from 90 days for all cruises before April 30 2021.  The website has all the info under Cruise With Confidence.

Yes, we do have until 12/10 to make final payment.

• Like 1

I am on the Sky 11/30 Carribean sailing and to be honest I kinda wish they would just cancel and take the difficult decision out of my hands. Was so looking forward to the new ship and got a great price on a great cabin. But while I do wear a facemask in public at home I personally am not willing to spend thousands of dollars to wear one on vacation. I will be holding out til final payment in the hope that its cancelled and perhaps we can get the 125% cruise credit currently being offered. I put the odds at greater than 50% for more cancelled sailings  here in the US and about 0% chance of having no facemask rules if they do sail. 

9 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am on the Sky 11/30 Carribean sailing and to be honest I kinda wish they would just cancel and take the difficult decision out of my hands. Was so looking forward to the new ship and got a great price on a great cabin. But while I do wear a facemask in public at home I personally am not willing to spend thousands of dollars to wear one on vacation. I will be holding out til final payment in the hope that its cancelled and perhaps we can get the 125% cruise credit currently being offered. I put the odds at greater than 50% for more cancelled sailings  here in the US and about 0% chance of having no facemask rules if they do sail. 

That's the risk you take  to bet on that 25 percent.  

6 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

That's the risk you take  to bet on that 25 percent.  

For only 25 %. It's not worth the risk.

You know they'll be back sailing as soons as possible, virus or not.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, pasta1 said:

This will be our third try to cruise this year, we are scheduled on the Sky Princess November fifth.

I was booked on the same cruise and cancelled in April. I don’t think it will go, but I won’t take the risk if it does. I have friends who still hope to go. First, I don’t think they’ll have ships sailing from NY this year. Second and more importantly,  I don’t think they’ll sail until there’s a vaccine. There’s no way to social distance on a cruise. They can’t risk that much more bad press. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, oskidunker said:

If they cancel deposits are refundable. It puts Brits in a bad situation if the final payment is due and the cruise has not been cancelled. Ridiculous.

There are a bunch of us waiting for a decision on Regal to gets refunds--they have cancelled cruises from Southampton on Oct 7th  (the whole cruise is Southampton to Sydney). At the moment they have only cancelled certain segments -- we are on the Singapore to Sydney leg on Nov 14th ,hotel in Singapore and Business flights booked plus 5 nights in Sydney. Final payt was 16th Aug but moved 30 days I would rather know now as I don't see Australia letting any cruise ships in this year. I guess it passes lockdown time checking for information.

Yes we do get the deposit money refunded as Brits if the cruise line cancels, fortunately our deposit was only £50 pp on an offer

Liz

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 5:27 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Don't take the risk, then.  Thought you were waiting for a vaccine, anyway?

Yea, I am but the way things are going it doesn't appear to be promising even for the 2021 season. There are many more safer places to go to for vacations that are much more isolated.   Unfortunately, our cruising days just might be over for many years. 🤧

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 2:45 AM, KruzPrincess said:

I was booked on the same cruise and cancelled in April. I don’t think it will go, but I won’t take the risk if it does. I have friends who still hope to go. First, I don’t think they’ll have ships sailing from NY this year. Second and more importantly,  I don’t think they’ll sail until there’s a vaccine. There’s no way to social distance on a cruise. They can’t risk that much more bad press. 

It makes me wonder if any of the cruise lines can survive this pandemic. Even a vaccine doesn't give sufficient numbers of people that safe feeling.  :classic_sad:

So what is the solution here? It can't be they can't sail and they go out of business and it if a vaccine isn't the magical solution then what is the solution?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have a booking for Western Caribbean departing November 15. Payment deadline is in August. 

It is now clear that cruising won't be resumed this Summer and I am thinking of cancelling this booking (I have a refundable deposit) as there is no confidence in cruising in November (but, frankly, I do hope that cruising is to be resumed by that time). 

Another thing, is my FCC. I had a similar booking in April 2020, cancelled and refunded with some FCC. 

I am a bit concerned that Princess applied those FCC to my new booking without my consent and before the payment deadline. 

I hope the FCC will remain with me, otherwise that would be completely unfair behavior, the same if I paid they withdrawn the whole payment, which I didn't plan to pay until August. 

Awaiting information from my TA on that.

59 minutes ago, MarynaPav said:

I have a booking for Western Caribbean departing November 15. Payment deadline is in August. 

It is now clear that cruising won't be resumed this Summer and I am thinking of cancelling this booking (I have a refundable deposit) as there is no confidence in cruising in November (but, frankly, I do hope that cruising is to be resumed by that time). 

Another thing, is my FCC. I had a similar booking in April 2020, cancelled and refunded with some FCC. 

I am a bit concerned that Princess applied those FCC to my new booking without my consent and before the payment deadline. 

I hope the FCC will remain with me, otherwise that would be completely unfair behavior, the same if I paid they withdrawn the whole payment, which I didn't plan to pay until August. 

Awaiting information from my TA on that.

The terms are on Princess website re: FCC & possible cancellations. You can also call Princess have them take FCC off your booking and put it back into n your account. 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, emmas gran said:

There are a bunch of us waiting for a decision on Regal to gets refunds--they have cancelled cruises from Southampton on Oct 7th  (the whole cruise is Southampton to Sydney). At the moment they have only cancelled certain segments -- we are on the Singapore to Sydney leg on Nov 14th ,hotel in Singapore and Business flights booked plus 5 nights in Sydney. Final payt was 16th Aug but moved 30 days I would rather know now as I don't see Australia letting any cruise ships in this year. I guess it passes lockdown time checking for information.

1 hour ago, dog said:

The terms are on Princess website re: FCC & possible cancellations. You can also call Princess have them take FCC off your booking and put it back into n your account. 

Yes we do get the deposit money refunded as Brits if the cruise line cancels, fortunately our deposit was only £50 pp on an offer

Liz

Liz

1 hour ago, dog said:

1 hour ago, dog said:

Y

1 hour ago, dog said:

Just now, Jasmine6 said:

You just know that this Regal cruise will be cancelled after final payment!  Did some serious thinking over the weekend and decided to pay the final balance so that we get our full refund; however we have taken the lead from some friends who have had a recent Disney trip cancelled, and taken out a new credit card with 0% interest on purchases for 12 months -  hopefully the refund should be sorted by then...……. shouldn't it?

On 6/27/2020 at 3:42 AM, Cabernet Girl said:

We are booked on 15th November Sky cruise, flying in 2 days earlier to Miami from UK.  I'm 50/50 whether this will go ahead and if I want to go.  However our balance is due in July, if I cancel I lose just over a £1000 non-refundable deposit.  We booked through a cruise travel agent.  So I'm thinking it's probably best to pay and hope cruise is cancelled. I think that way I'm entitled too a full refund through the agent.  If cruise goes ahead I would probably go, or may have option to move to another next year.  However, the way Florida is looking at the moment our foreign office may advise not to travel, then I should be entitled too a full refund hopefully.  Hard to decide what to do.

We are on both the 5/5 and 5/15 cruises and our cruise on the 15th is showing a due date in October.Maybe yours is 3 months earlier because you are in the UK.

Here’s what I heard when I asked about our November cruise. 

Same Ship Different Day

Hi Tom. I think you're in a stronger position than most having a "domestic" cruise departing late November from the US. However, given the current circumstances, I wouldn't say any cruise is guaranteed in 2020. Especially given the potential now for a second peak in the states and with uncertainty of how the virus will spread heading into the fall. You then also need to consider whether Hawaii will choose to err on the side of caution. I cannot say anything for sure, but if the cases are steady or drop in the US and Hawaii is keen to open up the cruise/tourism industry, then I expect you will be okay.

This is from an officer on the Coral Princess. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dog said:

can I ask why you are quoting me several times? Can I help?

14 posts - prolly just getting used to the quote function

still hoping our little 5 day end of November goes - got a chance, even if it doesn't go to Coz, but maybe Princess Cay and 

St Thomas instead ?

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

14 posts - prolly just getting used to the quote function

still hoping our little 5 day end of November goes - got a chance, even if it doesn't go to Coz, but maybe Princess Cay and 

St Thomas instead ?

Hope it works out for you. USA ports closed until? When? 

We had an August Alaska cruise booked and of course cancelled. I reserved it with our FCD which has not been

returned to us as of yet and shows our cruise still live. Princess IT needs to cancel these cruises on line. Sheesh!

Not until we get our FCD back from the cancelled cruise and the news is starting to look a bit more positive in the US, we will not be booking a cruise.

If I had to guess, I would say that we should know by December where we all stand whether or

not cruising will be going back to some kind of normalcy. I would love to book a cruise because that

puts me in daydream mode. Right now I'm in the worried mode and do not like it.

I do not think cruising will start up again in the US until 2021 early Spring. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jasmine6 said:

Apologies dog - senior malfunction moment!  I am still working my way round the site and was trying to type a 'reply' into the 'quote' box!!

Just trying to help,

Post UNDER the quote box, not IN the quote box. Perhaps this thread will help:

How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1