November Cruising

pasta1

58 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

I'd say that Mexican Riviera and other short cruises out of L.A. have a very good chance of going forward. I'm looking seriously at a 5-night "Cabo Getaway" cruise on the Royal in early December. Cabo (overnight) is the only stop, and of course it's a tender port. If a cruise like that can't sail, then Princess is in even bigger trouble than we think.

I agree.  When it starts back up, I believe these cruises will be the first to go.  I just don't think it'll be November.  I just don't know how they can do it safely.  I wish we'd get information on it soon but I realize it's hard for them to even figure it all out.

We were booked on the Sky repositioning cruise set forNov.5. Reading about the delay people were experiencing regarding delays with Princess re:refunds, we decided to cancel this past May. We received the refundable deposit a few weeks ago.

We were looking forward to this cruise on the Sky as it is a new ship for 

Princess and were were hoping Captain Tuvo would be on this sailing. We had taken a similar repositioning cruise on the Regal Princess a few years ago and enjoyed the experience.

Our pre-cruise stay in Ft Lauderdale was to be a three day stay at the Hilton Marina. Post cruise,we had planned to visit friends in Wellington,before returning home to NY. Unfortunately, Covid-19 caused us to cancel all of our plans.

Will the Sky sail from Brooklyn on Nov.5, who knows? We decided to play it safe. YMMV

• Like 1

April-May 2021.  Probably vaccine late Jan-Feb.  Restrictions to have vaccine to sail.  It will take a little bit to get the verification system put in place which will have to handle all nationalities by the way.  I assume someone is writing the software right now just for that scenario.  Worst case July 2021.                                            

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

A cruise to your local soda fountain for a malt in November is probably more likely.

LOL.....love your humor...and you're probably right!

Edited by I object 2
  • Haha 1

Like some people I’m  keeping my fingers crossed. I’m booked on the Ruby for November 23, 2020 to Hawaii. It will be my first Medallion Cruise so I’m looking forward to this. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Like some people I’m  keeping my fingers crossed. I’m booked on the Ruby for November 23, 2020 to Hawaii. It will be my first Medallion Cruise so I’m looking forward to this. 

Tom😀

People need to face reality. There will not be a vaccine until early next year. There will be no cruises until there is a vaccine. Book something after july next year. 

I’m booked on the November 21 cruise from LA to HI. and return and I don’t see us being able to take that cruise 😞. Looks like I’m going to have to remember how to cook turkey as this will be the first time in years that we won’t be on vacation over Thanksgiving. 

Im toying with a TA on the Enchanted next April and even that might be a tad optimistic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cscurlock said:

Probably vaccine late Jan-Feb.                     

6 hours ago, oskidunker said:

People need to face reality. There will not be a vaccine until early next year.

A vaccine may be ready next by early next year, but who knows how long it will take for you and I to get it?

Certainly there will be a priority order set up and availability may differ across the country.

Remember, months ago we were told that "anyone who wants a test can get a test." Certainly not true in our area yet.

We are booked on 15th November Sky cruise, flying in 2 days earlier to Miami from UK.  I'm 50/50 whether this will go ahead and if I want to go.  However our balance is due in July, if I cancel I lose just over a £1000 non-refundable deposit.  We booked through a cruise travel agent.  So I'm thinking it's probably best to pay and hope cruise is cancelled. I think that way I'm entitled too a full refund through the agent.  If cruise goes ahead I would probably go, or may have option to move to another next year.  However, the way Florida is looking at the moment our foreign office may advise not to travel, then I should be entitled too a full refund hopefully.  Hard to decide what to do.

Can't see any Carnival Corp cruises going till  Spring 2021.

If they go too early and cop another outbreak it will effectively finish them.

No sign of a vaccine either, we probably have to live with this virus till it peters out and judging by the behaviour of some of my fellow countrymen in the UK who flock to beaches when the sun comes out , ignoring social distancing I can see this virus hanging around for many more months in England, particularly when we get a 2nd wave in the winter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We booked a B2B on the Caribbean Princess in early November, knowing that our October California Coastal was going to be canceled. Initially, I thought we'd have a better chance of sailing in November, but things are looking pretty bad for Florida right now. We don't have anything booked after that until next April, but we're considering a free 7 day sailing on HAL in January, but the $200 per person deposit, plus taxes/fees is non-refundable.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, JAMESCC said:

Personally, not good. I was extremely optimistic cruises would start this summer but now I'm thinking late Spring 2021 or summer. Please Lord may these vaccines work! emoji120.png

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Agree, we're hoping for April 2021.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:10 PM, franktown said:

With Civid19 surging in Florida and The Governor ordering shutdown of bars etc today it will take a miracle (vaccine) for cruises to be allowed before sometime in 2021.

We’re hoping that AstraZenica continues to get positive results with the Oxford University vaccine, especially during the Stage 3 testing going on now I believe, and they’re able to achieve their initial release date of sometime in October. But until a viable vaccine is available, we don’t think any ships will be sailing. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re hoping that AstraZenica continues to get positive results with the Oxford University vaccine, especially during the Stage 3 testing going on now I believe, and they’re able to achieve their initial release date of sometime in October. But until a viable vaccine is available, we don’t think any ships will be sailing. 

I think we are very close to sloving this issue with vaccine. By Autumn they should start testing it on people. Should work out and we will be safe to travel once again. As to me it seems like a more complicated form of a flue (which is also a virus) but I expect anything change as soon as vaccine is developed. I also wonder how long it will take to distribute all over the world 

58 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Even if the cruise line cancels? That can't be....

If they cancel deposits are refundable. It puts Brits in a bad situation if the final payment is due and the cruise has not been cancelled. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I think we are very close to sloving this issue with vaccine. By Autumn they should start testing it on people. Should work out and we will be safe to travel once again. As to me it seems like a more complicated form of a flue (which is also a virus) but I expect anything change as soon as vaccine is developed. I also wonder how long it will take to distribute all over the world 

Human trials of new vaccine started this week at Imperial college London.  Fingers crossed.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, Orangefan said:

I am also on the Sky Princess Nov 5th. After being on the b2b Inaugurals  of the Sky in the US I was looking forward to this cruise.  Having been on the reposition cruise to the Carib before, I looked forward  to reuniting with a wonderful group of cruisers.     I have been talking  to my cruising friends about this trip. While we still  hold our reservations , we are doubtful we will be on that cruise.   The final payment is due the beginning of August and I am not willing to make that payment if I don't feel safe about the  travel.  Needless to say, the idea of flying is not thrilling to me.

Sali

They moved final payment to September! 

12 hours ago, mickrory said:

Can't see any Carnival Corp cruises going till  Spring 2021.

If they go too early and cop another outbreak it will effectively finish them.

No sign of a vaccine either, we probably have to live with this virus till it peters out and judging by the behaviour of some of my fellow countrymen in the UK who flock to beaches when the sun comes out , ignoring social distancing I can see this virus hanging around for many more months in England, particularly when we get a 2nd wave in the winter.

Carnival Corp is not in great shape financially with Moody’s lowering their rating to essentially junk status.  They nor other cruise line will survive extended shut down into 2021.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:15 AM, pasta1 said:

What do you think the likely hood  is of cruising in November?

If you asked me 4 weeks ago, I'd say pretty good, but since we allowed the states to open unrestricted, my assessment now, we'll be lucky if we can even be out of lockdown again .....

covid case state  6 27.JPG

covid case 6 27.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, oskidunker said:

People need to face reality. There will not be a vaccine until early next year. There will be no cruises until there is a vaccine. 

I agree with "oskidinker".  It is illogical the cruise lines would, or be would be allowed, to start up again until Covid-19 vaccine is available.  I think our next cruise scheduled for Feb 8th is still very questionable. Additionally, when Nov 10th comes around and it is time for me to make final payment, I am going to have to consider whether I want to potentially get back into "the waiting for another refund" situation should it be cancelled.  Hopefully by November we will have a better view of where things are headed.

3 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

I agree with "oskidinker".  It is illogical the cruise lines would, or be would be allowed, to start up again until Covid-19 vaccine is available.  I think our next cruise scheduled for Feb 8th is still very questionable. Additionally, when Nov 10th comes around and it is time for me to make final payment, I am going to have to consider whether I want to potentially get back into "the waiting for another refund" situation should it be cancelled.  Hopefully by November we will have a better view of where things are headed.

I believe you have a additional 30 days to make your decision.  Princess has changed the final payment date to 60 days from 90 days for all cruises before April 30 2021.  The website has all the info under Cruise With Confidence.

• Like 2