New Promotions

frankh1969

I don't think that promotions are going to have any impact on bookings right now. I can't imagine anyone booking with the potential for NCL to make use of the bankruptcy courts, and with no idea when cruising will begin again.

• Like 1

In the UK the oceanview to a balcony is still on but they also added that if you upgrade to the free at sea you will get all five promotions instead of having to choose just two. So for £99 pp you get drink package, 150 mins WiFi, speciality dining, $50 shore ex and 3rd and 4th guests sail free, paying taxes 

1 hour ago, frankh1969 said:

Has anyone heard of any new promotions coming from NCL. They have had the balcony promo now for a while. Should be trying new promo to get more bookins.

The promotions have not changed much in years. They add a few here and there. The Free at Sea promotions have been highly successful in attracting new customers and keeping old ones. We have just booked another cruise late this year under the current promotions. 

Edited by BirdTravels

They had an OBC credit promo  running around Memorial Day in addition to the Free at Sea.   We got $200 OBC for our Balcony and $280 OBC for our Club Balcony (former Mini-Suite).   

Maybe they'll add something for July 4th.  

• Like 1

Supposedly, this is coming...

I have my eye on a few for 2021 but holding out to see pricing IF this promo comes our way! It was announced to TAs on June 7th, prior to the latest round of cancellations so it may/may not still be in the works...

June 24 through July 7: (timing subject to change)

• Free Pre-Paid Gratuities: Clients booked in a Balcony stateroom and above will receive free pre-paid gratuities on all 2021 cruises, PLUS:
    • Receive all five FREE offers, including Free Open Bar, Free Specialty Dining, Free Excursions, and more!
    • Applicable for 2021 sailings and beyond.

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Supposedly, this is coming...

I have my eye on a few for 2021 but holding out to see pricing IF this promo comes our way! It was announced to TAs on June 7th, prior to the latest round of cancellations so it may/may not still be in the works...

June 24 through July 7: (timing subject to change)

• Free Pre-Paid Gratuities: Clients booked in a Balcony stateroom and above will receive free pre-paid gratuities on all 2021 cruises, PLUS:
    • Receive all five FREE offers, including Free Open Bar, Free Specialty Dining, Free Excursions, and more!
    • Applicable for 2021 sailings and beyond.

It's already past June 24th, but we can hope 'Timing subject to change' would bring us this promo for the Fourth of July🤞

Update:

Now extended through June 30:

• Balcony Bonus Sale: Your clients can buy a Balcony stateroom for the price of an Oceanview, PLUS:
    • Applicable for 2021 sailings and beyond

July 1 through July 21:

• Like 1

How come the balconys the same price as it was before (it is on the TAs) but the Oceanview has risen in price - then it doesnt matter what you do on the site (UK) you get two perks despite it saying you get all

18 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Update:

Now extended through June 30:

• Balcony Bonus Sale: Your clients can buy a Balcony stateroom for the price of an Oceanview, PLUS:

July 1 through July 21:

Are there still the fees on the 'frees'?

13 hours ago, dexddd said:

Are there still the fees on the 'frees'?

My best guess is 'Yes'.  

They have been charging the 20% fee on Drink package and Specialty Dining on 'Free at Sea'.   

My very favorite promo is 'TaxFree Sale' as it pays your Port Fees and Gov Taxes.  It's been a couple of year since they ran that one.  I would love to see it again, but I could be happy with the Pre-paid Gratuities too! 

Let's hope something good pops up tomorrow  🤞

Has anyone heard of any new promotions coming from NCL. They have had the balcony promo now for a while. Should be trying new promo to get more bookins.

I saw starting tomorrow it would be free pre-paid gratuities. Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

21 minutes ago, gravitar said:

I did a comparison to my April 2021 cruise. As currently booked. $8075 in a Club Suite. With free gratuities on the current promo, $10,150. That math doesn't work for me 🙂

I wanted to check and compare my 2021 booking with the free gratuities but can't look...the UH-Oh is popping up, again

4 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I wanted to check and compare my 2021 booking with the free gratuities but can't look...the UH-Oh is popping up, again

If you still have the PDF confirmation you could use that for comparison.

20 minutes ago, gravitar said:

If you still have the PDF confirmation you could use that for comparison.

I have my reservation and can see my NCL but when I try to make a mock booking I get the UH-OH

It's still going to be the bottom line...the total cost of the cruise purchase.  A $500 new promo offered with a cruise price increase of $2000, just NCL manipulating the feel good effect to soften the increase .  Marketing 101.  I've checked some cruises I would have liked for about a year from now.  Prices very high.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gravitar said:

I did a comparison to my April 2021 cruise. As currently booked. $8075 in a Club Suite. With free gratuities on the current promo, $10,150. That math doesn't work for me 🙂

Just checked mine too and the prices have gone up above what the gratuities would be.  Keeping mine as is.

5 hours ago, gravitar said:

Which cruise is this?    

44 minutes ago, shkeh said:

My cruise went up $150 per person to off-set this the prepaid DSC. Ugh. Doesn't NCL know we are watching these sort of things?

I guess some people aren’t.  🤩

18 minutes ago, shkeh said:

My cruise went up $150 per person to off-set this the prepaid DSC. Ugh. Doesn't NCL know we are watching these sort of things?

Yes, I saw the cruise I was watching go up when this new promo went into effect.   

Balcony Cat A went up $150 over-night for 9 day cruise.