No 6-8 day cruises from Florida in October?

Encore37

3 minutes ago, young_ens said:

You can't guarantee you can screen someone out before they get on and I'm sure there will be waivers in the set sail pass saying the line is not responsible if you get the virus.  

Also with short cruises and the incubation period, who's to say they did not get it the day before cruising somewhere?   One could easily get on then, and spread the virus unknowingly, and debark without any symptoms.

Unless there is an outbreak on board forcing the ship to stay at sea, not their problem.  

So, the whole notion of cruising in an environment as you describe it is not practical from a public health perspective?  I agree.

In response to OP's question:

Fact:

Carnival Corporation did not give a press release about "limited capacity".

Fact:

Carnival Corporation did not give a press release about "limiting cruises to short sailings"

Fact:

Greyed out cruises/unbookable cruises became canceled cruises

Fact:

Cases of covid 19 is increasing in FL (and other states)

Opinion:

No cruising out of FL in Oct

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

In response to OP's question:

Fact:

Carnival Corporation did not give a press release about "limited capacity".

Fact:

Carnival Corporation did not give a press release about "limiting cruises to short sailings"

Fact:

Greyed out cruises/unbookable cruises became canceled cruises

Fact:

Cases of covid 19 is increasing in FL (and other states)

Opinion:

No cruising out of FL in Oct

MsTabby,

I agree with you 100%   I feel there will be no cruising out of CA as well.  I believe that the CDC will extend the no sail order into December or next year.

Edited by Cruiseboy06

3 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I believe that the CDC will extend the no sail order into December or next year.

The no-sail order expired on July 24th. The recent extension of cancellations was not by order of the CDC, it was voluntary. If y'all are going to continue to perpetuate this stuff, the least you could do is have your facts straight.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The no-sail order expired on July 24th. The recent extension of cancellations was not by order of the CDC, it was voluntary. If y'all are going to continue to perpetuate this stuff, the least you could do is have your facts straight.

At this point most likely the CDC will EXTEND NO sail order!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

At this point most likely the CDC will EXTEND NO sail order!!!!!!!!!!

They can't extend an order that has already expired. The prospective return date is three months away. With this situation, no one can logically, realistically say what will happen three months from now based on what's happening today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

They can't extend an order that has already expired. The prospective return date is three months away. With this situation, no one can logically, realistically say what will happen three months from now based on what's happening today.

say who?      by what laws  that they can't extend an order?    

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The current no sail order has not expired. The current no sail order is valid thru July 24th. I would be willing to bet quite a lot of money the no sail order will be extended later this month before it expires.  However, how long the extension will be for is beyond my current knowledge. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't think anyone is perpetuating anything.  I have been saying since March that I thought they would probably start back in October or November.  I didn't realize there was going to be a large swath of Americans who would try to sabotage the eradication of this virus.  My new theory is that it will be March of next year considering the numbers and peoples unwillingness to look at basic facts and stay 6ft away from other people and wear a mask.

12 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

say who?      by what laws  that they can't extend an order?    

Common sense. A govt. agency isn't going to "extend" an order that has already expired. Worst case scenario, they issue a new order, which I don't believe will happen. Some of you on here are going to be very lost when cruising returns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Common sense. A govt. agency isn't going to "extend" an order that has already expired. Worst case scenario, they issue a new order, which I don't believe will happen. Some of you on here are going to be very lost when cruising returns.

Hahahahahaha. That gave me a good chuckle. Now that right there is funny! :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, skridge said:

I don't think anyone is perpetuating anything.  I have been saying since March that I thought they would probably start back in October or November.  I didn't realize there was going to be a large swath of Americans who would try to sabotage the eradication of this virus.  My new theory is that it will be March of next year considering the numbers and peoples unwillingness to look at basic facts and stay 6ft away from other people and wear a mask.

6 feet and a mask is not going to get it done. Just slows down the inevitable. Lots of people wearing a mask are getting covid. Contact tracing is proving it. Even a bunch of workers at a nursing in Florida recently got it. They all had mask, gloves, and drenched the place in sanitizer but they still got it.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:27 PM, d9704011 said:

Don’t be ridiculous.  They’ll become the cruise line’s/industry’s problem about five minutes after they’re diagnosed and contact tracing leads back to a cruise ship.

I doubt it. So let’s say I’m on one cruise that has an outbreak. 5 days after I return home I get tested and have COVID. Did I catch it on the ship? In port? In the airport to and from the cruise? In the grocery store the day after I got home? No real way to tell. Assuming people traveling on the cruise are relatively spread out geographically when they get home, no health department will be able to link it to the cruise based on one case. Unless the CDC makes a point out of keeping tabs of every cruise customer for two weeks after they get home, it’s never going to be traced back to a shipboard out break.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

6 feet and a mask is not going to get it done. Just slows down the inevitable. Lots of people wearing a mask are getting covid. Contact tracing is proving it. Even a bunch of workers at a nursing in Florida recently got it. They all had mask, gloves, and drenched the place in sanitizer but they still got it.

This info seems to bolster my point that cruise ships shouldn't be sailing with large numbers of people on them anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I doubt it. So let’s say I’m on one cruise that has an outbreak. 5 days after I return home I get tested and have COVID. Did I catch it on the ship? In port? In the airport to and from the cruise? In the grocery store the day after I got home? No real way to tell. Assuming people traveling on the cruise are relatively spread out geographically when they get home, no health department will be able to link it to the cruise based on one case. Unless the CDC makes a point out of keeping tabs of every cruise customer for two weeks after they get home, it’s never going to be traced back to a shipboard out break.

It doesn’t really matter where/when you may have actually picked the virus up.  The industry has had enough problems and even the scent of being involved or associated with a person (or persons) becoming ill sometime within about two weeks of cruising is going to have a chilling effect on any ‘back to cruising’ scenario.

• Like 1

Returning back to the original question of cruises out of Florida, it is my opinion that any cruise line will be keeping a close eye on the Covid 19 situation here in Florida and that cruise departures scheduled from Florida will be with a tentative hope that the situation may improve in the future. The future being sometime in 2021.

At this point the rate of infection and spread is high and with, for lack of  better words, the laissez faire policy at the state level on putting any restrictions in place, it is not going to improve any time soon .

We also have a problem of a mega spreader event being scheduled in Jacksonville in August that  is still on the schedule in spite of the pleas of medical personnel in the state to cancel  the event.

In short, if anyone books a cruise out of Florida between now and the end of 2020, do so with the realization that it will be very likely cancelled or the ship repositioned  out of the state of Florida where there is a long shot of a cruise departure.

5 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

So when did the order expired?????????? 

18 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Quite true.  I got off the NCL Bliss on 3/8.  I remember saying to DH, in the cab home, Covid will blow over in 2 weeks, based on the information I had on 3/8.  Nobody would have realistically said that NYC would go into "lockdown" a few days later and 4 months later we'd still be in "lockdown".  We're coming out of it....but slowly. We flipped the switch to "off"....but turning it on is a long process.

Unless there's a miracle (pinch me and wake me up from this nightmare) there's no way the cruise industry can be ready to sail in 3 months based on the information we have today.  A cruiseship isn't a rowboat or a motorboat. You can't just "turn it on".  There's no way they can sustain social distancing.  There's no way to vertically transport those who aren't "stair clilmbers".

Who knows....maybe this is just one cruel joke the cosmos is playing on us.  Or maybe that miracle will happen. But, logically and realistically, based on what's happening today....the probability of sailing in 3 months is 0.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

How can the CDC order be expired?  Today is July 6th, the order date is July 24th. Interesting about facts being straight. Just sayin!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

How can the CDC order be expired?  Today is July 6th, the order date is July 24th. Interesting about facts being straight. Just sayin!

I agree the date is in the future.  It will be interesting to see what happens on July 28, does the untenable mandate issued by the CDC expire with the 100 day order?  Will the extend it?  Probably.  I assure they can do that or come out with another order, or maintain the mandate be mitigated before cruiselines can begin.  We shall see.

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I agree the date is in the future.  It will be interesting to see what happens on July 28, does the untenable mandate issued by the CDC expire with the 100 day order?  Will the extend it?  Probably.  I assure they can do that or come out with another order, or maintain the mandate be mitigated before cruiselines can begin.  We shall see.

Hopefully the CDC doesn’t have to extend or issue a new one. With what’s going on in the US

it will be interesting as always.