If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

48 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Because that is what you are supporting.

What I said had nothing to do with Covid or any deaths, And everything to do with that log in your eye.  And that's not the only thing you got wrong.  I am no antivaxer, I am vaxed.  Pay attention...and YOUR moral ground is very unstable.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

the QAnon believing type 

I know you're not following this thread any longer, but I wanted to try and save you from appearing  ignorant.

There is no such thing as QAnon.  There is Q and there are Anons.  No QAnon.

• Like 1

It’s interesting people who haven’t been vaccinated think they should have the right to go on cruises and live their lives now that things are getting back to normal.

If it wasn’t for the people getting vaccinated we wouldn’t even be close to getting back to normal or having the discussion of cruises starting back right now….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:57 AM, LEMJMcC said:

My sentiments as well.  Matter of fact, I'll likely NOT be vaccinated unless RCI requires it for cruising...

It amazes me that you will only get a vaccine so you can cruise. Take cruising out of the equation and you won’t take it for your health and safety, as well as your fellow humans?  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

It’s interesting people who haven’t been vaccinated think they should have the right to go on cruises and live their lives now that things are getting back to normal.

If it wasn’t for the people getting vaccinated we wouldn’t even be close to getting back to normal or having the discussion of cruises starting back right now….

I agree with you. The unvaccinated are basically free loaders.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, sept10dsm said:

But the vaccinated can do the same.  Vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting it or spreading-just lesser case.  Look what happened to the fully vaccinated Yankee players and Bill Maher.  All fully vaccinated and tested positive when getting company required tests.  If they were the regular people no test (none had symptoms) 

It was actually established that those Yankees players did not spread it to each other. They all came in contact with a Covid positive person. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:34 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Vaccinations not required for concert. There is some cap on capacity. Florida has been open since May-June. Kids are back in school, very little issue. Sports are happening. NASCAR has moved several of their races to Florida from lockdown States that prohibit them. Win-win for Florida. The issues in Miami dealt with gun play and a shooting. That part is not being covered by the National Media. National media is all about Covid. We had nearly 500k bikers and Spring Breakers here in Daytona/Ormond area two weeks ago. No big surge. Only waves were coming ashore on the beach. 

I track the ICU available beds for Florida Hospitals. We have 25% available which is normal and the total bed count has dropped a 1000 (when things get bad they can and do add beds as needed). The 25% number is a good number. Hospitals don’t make money from a vacant bed. 

Florida’s numbers are better than many lockdown States. We eat out quite often and restaurants are very full, especially during snowbird season.  We wear our mask when indoors shopping and as appropriate. We don’t judge others who don’t, we just avoid them as practical. 

People are just tired and at wits end for being in this state of mind for a year. Their frustrations are showing and you can see in here as well. 

M8

Please stop referring to “lock down states”. No states are “locked down”  at this point. Some are still requiring masks, some schools are not back completely. But we’re not locked down. And Florida doesn’t have some secret sauce. The reason things are going better nationally is because of the vaccine. Thankfully we have an administration that is doing a wonderful job disseminating the vaccine. It’s just a shame that Royal caved to the threats of one man who has turned science into politics. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

misleading headline…

Even in the article it recommends everyone to get the vaccine. Antibodies from having Covid are not near as effective after 3-6 months depending on the person. I waited 90 days after having Covid to get my vaccine based what my dr said on antibodies and shortage of vaccine at that time.

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

A lot of hateful judgement, going on for your fellow countrymen / women and fellow human beings.  So much compassion and understanding it is truly fascinating to watch adults acting like mean girls in high school.

Look at me I got vaccinated, I am perfect and you suck.

jc<——— who is vaccinated and doesn’t get this hate

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Please stop referring to “lock down states”. No states are “locked down”  at this point. Some are still requiring masks, some schools are not back completely. But we’re not locked down. And Florida doesn’t have some secret sauce. The reason things are going better nationally is because of the vaccine. Thankfully we have an administration that is doing a wonderful job disseminating the vaccine. It’s just a shame that Royal caved to the threats of one man who has turned science into politics. 

“Lock down states” is a relative term. If you are a business owner you may take issue with the notion that no states are locked down.

California, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Michigan, New Mexico and Oregon still have significant restrictions.

Edited by ChuckRambo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

And people who are old, obese, have diabetes and other co-morbidities are a pox on the whole country. Maybe even the entire world.

See…it’s easy to say something stupid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

A lot of hateful judgement, going on for your fellow countrymen / women and fellow human beings.  So much compassion and understanding it is truly fascinating to watch adults acting like mean girls in high school.

Look at me I got vaccinated, I am perfect and you suck.

jc<——— who is vaccinated and doesn’t get this hate

I talk with plenty of people who truly struggle with the decision. Their questions and concerns have nothing to do with either selfishness or freeloading.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ChuckRambo said:

Yes, they were. Curious that.

I know and I believe all no symptoms so if Yankees didn't require a test who know what would have happened with spread.  They did follow the guidelines quarantine etc.  

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

They were also not sick.

Correct, not sick and that's wonderful.  So what would have happened if they became spreaders if not quarantined.  I guess that's the point.  If yankees didn't have a required test they'd have all gone about their business and could have been spreaders.  Why did they have to quarantine if that isn't possible?  I know a whole family who were tested and all positive (before vaccines) none sick.  All had to quarantine etc.  Before vaccines all the issue of the superspreaders not knowing  but now the vaccinated who aren't sick but positive don't seem to matter.  It's just an odd way of looking at it all.  No vaccine no symptoms a superspreader.  A vaccinated person -many aren't tested now even with contact with a positive person. So it begs a lot of questions in my opinion.  An the fact that the recovered don't seem to matter as far as being part of the herd is also odd.  All the people I know that were not sick do have anitbodies and will be checked for t cell immunity as well.

19 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

I know and I believe all no symptoms so if Yankees didn't require a test who know what would have happened with spread.  They did follow the guidelines quarantine etc.  

Probably nothing would have happened as it is still looking like vacinated people to not harbor a high enough viral load to be contagious. Thus the recommendations that asymptomatic vaccinated people do not need to be tested even after an exposure. This is more reason why the more vaccinated people that are on a ship the better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sept10dsm said:

Correct, not sick and that's wonderful.  So what would have happened if they became spreaders if not quarantined.  I guess that's the point.  If yankees didn't have a required test they'd have all gone about their business and could have been spreaders.  Why did they have to quarantine if that isn't possible?  I know a whole family who were tested and all positive (before vaccines) none sick.  All had to quarantine etc.  Before vaccines all the issue of the superspreaders not knowing  but now the vaccinated who aren't sick but positive don't seem to matter.  It's just an odd way of looking at it all.  No vaccine no symptoms a superspreader.  A vaccinated person -many aren't tested now even with contact with a positive person. So it begs a lot of questions in my opinion.  An the fact that the recovered don't seem to matter as far as being part of the herd is also odd.  All the people I know that were not sick do have anitbodies and will be checked for t cell immunity as well.

I am going to say something again (I hate doing that).  

We are 16 months into this pandemic, and there is still way too much we don’t “know”.  The CDC has been a complete failure educating us.  We should know if it can do the things some people say it can, or if it can’t.  Instead we rely on the TV channel or the internet page we believe to inform us.  This is unacceptable in a modern intelligent society.

We are basically, all dealing with witch doctor science of talking heads on TV or internet bullies (you know who you are).  

I am in daily discussions with highly educated and feet on the ground people, and I am reasonably confident that I am well-informed, but it is just a train wreck of information and mis-information out there.

Very sad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There is definitely a lot to learn. I found out today I’m a breakthrough case. I got the Moderna vaccine in Jan/Feb and tested positive today for Covid. Luckily, I’m a bit congested and that’s it. More than likely got it from my daughter (not vaxxed). We were around each other, but not really in close proximity for any extended period of time. I got tested because I wanted to supply the data because I had been vaxxed. Had I not had any symptoms, I wouldn’t have been tested.

I’m pretty sure it’s a variant, possibly the UK variant, which seems to be hitting here in Wash. state.

So just know that although you are vaxxed, and not even on a cruise ship, there is still a chance. I’m thankful I was vaxxed and this seems like nothing more than a mild cold. Good thing I’m retired and have plenty of things to do at home, since I still have another 7-8 days of quarantine.

Take care and Cheers 🍸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

And yet some folks don’t read far enough. 

“During the study that was conducted on 52,238 employees in the Cleveland Clinic, the clinic says “not a single incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was observed in previously infected participants with or without vaccination.”

The clinic still recommends that anyone who can get the vaccine, should. 

The Cleveland Clinic tells FOX 8, “We don’t know how long the immune system will protect against reinfection or protect against variants. We still recommend those eligible receive the vaccine.”

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/no-vaccine-needed-for-those-whove-had-covid-19-cleveland-clinic-study-says/

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1