Lift & Shift question

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No that wording was just for the sailings that got cancelled.  You can shift any booking as long as you find a comparable one.  You can use the tool on Royal's website and enter your booking number to see available sailings to shift to  Here;es the link

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.191744873.2122441952.1596008799-138505762.1591632417

Thanks molly361...You were giving your excellent response as I was typing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm hoping to have the option to L/S my May 2021 to Apr 2022 before Sept 30th 2020...if I decide to. I was told by someone very knowledgeable on these boards yesterday that I would have no problem...Has that changed ??

You will have to see if they extend it to include 2021 cruises.  I'm thinking sailings will resume next Spring.  If they do, no more L&S.

39 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

You will have to see if they extend it to include 2021 cruises.  I'm thinking sailings will resume next Spring.  If they do, no more L&S.

You can currently shift January through May 2021 to cruises January to April 2022

43 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

I've already done the L&S for my March 2021 to March 2022. 

L& S’d my OS on Rhapsody 7 day WC in March 2021 to an OS on Harmony for 3/23.    Saved $5500!!!  Then rebooked the original cruise.  So excited, I could never justify the actual price of an owners suite on Harmony under normal circumstances but for $5300 for 4 of us, it’s a no brainer!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can currently shift January through May 2021 to cruises January to April 2022

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I've already done the L&S for my March 2021 to March 2022. 

Oh well, there you go!  Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

I called Crown and Anchor directly and was able to quickly "lift and shift" my cruise to a transatlantic on the same ship departing in 2021. The rep did ask at the beginning if I knew which cruise I had in mind, so clearly she would have been able to help me select another one if had been unsure. I have read in various posts that some cruisers are asking for the L/S online which gives you several choices between different cruises to substitute. The downside of this is that you will have to wait to see if your first choice is assigned to you by Royal and of course you will not know which specific cabin you will be assigned. I was able to keep my same cabin, which was important to me. I highly recommend calling Crown and Anchor- they have always been able to help me with my reservations over the years.

So we just did an interesting Lift & Shift. We had a B2B on Freedom this December, including one week over Christmas.  We did a L&S to the next year but quickly realized the the B2B were on the same the same itinerary for both weeks and none were the ABC islands - which was really the reason we booked.  We had a Panoramic OV Suite on Freedom.

After calling in and explaining this situation (especially about the islands and replica booking) They shifted us to the Odyssey of the Seas for a 6 night and then an 8 night (Christmas cruise) in a GS. 

I love Royal but this was probably one of the best experiences I've had with the call center to date.

First time on a Ovation class ship. Needless to say my Wife and Kids are extremely happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi,

Question:  can you L&S after final payment of a cruise?  or only before?

Thanks.

NJ 

Before or after final payment  is fine.  If Royal cancels the cruise they have been giving  people approximately 2 weeks after they announce the cancellation to lift and shift. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Before or after final payment  is fine.  If Royal cancels the cruise they have been giving  people approximately 2 weeks after they announce the cancellation to lift and shift. 

Thank you.  Excellent to know this.  Was keeping an eye on Enchantment Xmas cruise to L&S.  But looks like all the prices have just jumped today.  Maybe the cheap L&S is over?  

NJ 

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thank you.  Excellent to know this.  Was keeping an eye on Enchantment Xmas cruise to L&S.  But looks like all the prices have just jumped today.  Maybe the cheap L&S is over?  

NJ 

I may be wrong but I don't think the Xmas bookings are available for L&S.

Also L&S is price protected from what your lifting from, not the prices you're

seeing lifting too...Your original price is lifted over, other than some minor change in port fees and taxes

as long as it's meets the criteria.

If you have any questions call RCI directly...my L&S was very easily done by them.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Also L&S is price protected from what your lifting from, not the prices you're

seeing lifting too...Your original price is lifted over, other than some minor change in port fees and taxes

as long as it's meets the criteria.

If you have any questions call RCI directly...my L&S was very easily done by them.

Thanks.  I have already done a L&S for a Thanksgiving cruise (Rhapsody to Harmony) with no problems. 

Understood that as long as cruise was Xmas to Xmas - could be done?

NJ 

5 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thanks.  I have already done a L&S for a Thanksgiving cruise (Rhapsody to Harmony) with no problems. 

Understood that as long as cruise was Xmas to Xmas - could be done?

NJ 

Sorry...I didn't see that detail time frame in your post. I would still suggest you call to have this done.

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry...I didn't see that detail time frame in your post. I would still suggest you call to have this done.

I would luv to but the price of Enchantment cruises all jumped today.  Should've booked before!!  Oh well.  Guess RC putting kibosh on people booking cheapo cruises to L&S??   A wait & see...

NJ 

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We did xmas to xmas...They even let the rule slide where it had to be the same number of days...I think this is the case just for holiday cruises.

• Thanks 1

I am struggling with L&S scheme.  We originally booked Italian cruise for 8 people with flight package of £1 pp to Rome to join flight in Oct 2020.  This amounted to approx £9000 for total holiday.  We have now moved to Oct 2021 and our same cruise is almost half the price due to a different ship and slightly different itinerary which is less attractive.   We undertook L&S in order to protect our  £1 flights.   RCI are now saying our price remains the same in  £9000 instead of what would be £4500  as the £1 flight offer has been changed under L&S to a fly cruise package.  We only moved our cruise to protect our £1 flights as the website says L&S protects original deal.  On top of that they are now saying we have to pay £400 more in taxes which they cannot detail.  We have queried why we are not getting our original package of all our flights for £1 each and why we are not getting the price guarantee as we meet all the criteria but they have said they are are longer offering this.  Am completely confused as my understanding is that original deal and price guarantee are part of the scheme .  I would really appreciate any advice on what to do.  Many thanks 

7 hours ago, DebAbdn said:

I am struggling with L&S scheme.  We originally booked Italian cruise for 8 people with flight package of £1 pp to Rome to join flight in Oct 2020.  This amounted to approx £9000 for total holiday.  We have now moved to Oct 2021 and our same cruise is almost half the price due to a different ship and slightly different itinerary which is less attractive.   We undertook L&S in order to protect our  £1 flights.   RCI are now saying our price remains the same in  £9000 instead of what would be £4500  as the £1 flight offer has been changed under L&S to a fly cruise package.  We only moved our cruise to protect our £1 flights as the website says L&S protects original deal.  On top of that they are now saying we have to pay £400 more in taxes which they cannot detail.  We have queried why we are not getting our original package of all our flights for £1 each and why we are not getting the price guarantee as we meet all the criteria but they have said they are are longer offering this.  Am completely confused as my understanding is that original deal and price guarantee are part of the scheme .  I would really appreciate any advice on what to do.  Many thanks 

Taxes and fees have never been protected with the L&S.  you will pay the taxes and fees on the new sailing that could be higher or lower that what you originally paid.  The L&S protected cruise fare only.  In your case the airfare is included in the cruise fare as one amount which is why you won’t get a reduction.