Empress of The Seas

The source, Michael Juliano, the reporter for Tradewinds, is an award-winning journalist with two decades of experience handling a wide variety of subjects throughout Connecticut’s Fairfield and Litchfield counties and Greater Waterbury, including business, municipal government and crime. He is a US correspondent for TradeWinds, the leading international trade magazine covering the maritime shipping industry. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The source, Michael Juliano, the reporter for Tradewinds, is an award-winning journalist with two decades of experience handling a wide variety of subjects throughout Connecticut’s Fairfield and Litchfield counties and Greater Waterbury, including business, municipal government and crime. He is a US correspondent for TradeWinds, the leading international trade magazine covering the maritime shipping industry. 

Thanks for that info.   I e-mailed him earlier today and told him what a stir his story has caused.  I asked if there was a way to purchase access to one story. 

We'll see if he gets back with me.

16 minutes ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Thanks for that info.   I e-mailed him earlier today and told him what a stir his story has caused.  I asked if there was a way to purchase access to one story. 

We'll see if he gets back with me.

Thanks -- let us know.  

22 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Same source AGAIN.

The source, as was mentioned in a previous post, is Michael Juliano, a journalist for Tradewinds.  It was published directly by Tradewinds and appeared in Juliano's Twitter feed.  Some of his FB followers picked it up and republished.  It was also retweeted several times.  The report is unconfirmed and RCG denies it -- back to square one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The source, as was mentioned in a previous post, is Michael Juliano, a journalist for Tradewinds.  It was published directly by Tradewinds and appeared in Juliano's Twitter feed.  Some of his FB followers picked it up and republished.  It was also retweeted several times.  The report is unconfirmed and RCG denies it -- back to square one. 

Of course RCG denies it. I just booked an OS for January on her😇

L&S in 3...2...1

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, QuickGold said:

Rumors are once again, inaccurate https://is.gd/THxpnm

When did RCBlog contact RCI and speak to the spokesperson?  The article states "Empress of the Seas has not been sold," a Royal Caribbean International Public Relations spokesperson told... "She is on the way to Greece where she will stay for a few months."

She has been in Greece for a while now and specifically in Souda, Crete for several days.  If he spoke to the PR person today (date of published article) she would not have been on her "way to Greece" as she was already there. 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Current score: 2 sources against the sale, 1 source for the sale

It's more like 1 to 1 -- even steven. 

Source for the sale = Tradewinds journalist (he may have multiple inside sources since he reports for the largest maritime and shipping publication). 

Source against the sale = RCI Public Relations spokesperson according to RCBlog who claims to have called RCI and was told that the ship was heading to Greece when it was already there, and SeaTrade which repeated the same statement by the PR person and RCBLOG. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's more like 1 to 1 -- even steven. 

Source for the sale = Tradewinds journalist (he may have multiple inside sources since he reports for the largest maritime and shipping publication). 

Source against the sale = RCI Public Relations spokesperson according to RCBlog who claims to have called RCI and was told that the ship was heading to Greece when it was already there, and SeaTrade which repeated the same statement by the PR person and RCBLOG. 

I agree.  1 to 1

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

SeaTrade which repeated the same statement by the PR person and RCBLOG. 

We don't know that.  I believe Seatrades independently reached out to the Royal who may have repeated the same reply to both media sources.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

We don't know that.  I believe Seatrades independently reached out to the Royal who may have repeated the same reply to both media sources.

Fair enough -- I'll give you that one.  Sources are still one to one. 

Empress was already in Greece when the PR person stated she was headed to Greece which calls into question the veracity of the entire statement.   News at 11....🤣

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Fair enough -- I'll give you that one.  Sources are still one to one. 

Empress was already in Greece when the PR person stated she was headed to Greece which calls into question the veracity of the entire statement.   News at 11....🤣

I don't get the pursuit of this, why would Royal lie to publications or sites that contact them about this?

2 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

I don't get the pursuit of this, why would Royal lie to publications or sites that contact them about this?

Simple.  To protect their business interests and bottom line.  They don't need a flood of cancellations for all the Empress cruises booked from Nov 2020 to 2022. 

24 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Sources are still one to one. 

Any legitimate media source will go to Royal for validation because they have to.  So by your measure, the score can never be greater than one.  

Anyone can create a rumor to generate clicks and ad revenue on their site.  

Edited by twangster

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Any legitimate media source will go to Royal for validation because they have to.  So by your measure, the score can never be greater than one.  

Michael Juliano, of Tradewinds, a reputable and very legitimate trade news publication, first broke this story on August 4th.  He did go to Royal then, and as we all know, the PR spokesperson denied it as Juliano reported. Story ended there.  Fast forward to August 18th with a news break -- something new must have transpired between August 4th and August 18th. 

To to answer your question the score can be multiple sources both within and outside of RCI -- people who work closely with the cruise line and industry and are willing to disclose information.  I personally don't have a dog in the fight and could give a flying f... what the score is -- all I know is Empress has seen better days and her shelf life is about to expire for RCI. 

• Like 1