Empress of The Seas

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You shifted from Empress to CP on Oasis?  How does that work since there are no CP on Empress?

No we had a December Oasis that had connected insides

Our favorite TA got Royal to give us the CPV because it is same category as inside connecting

• Like 2

I’m booked 10/21, so far it’s just rumors ,nothing confirmed from Royal. We will just have to wait and see. I Lifted and Shifted from 10/20 🤞 that we get to sail . It’s a repositioning cruise I’m booked on , so there’s nothing else like this itinerary . If they cancel you’ll get everything back, FCC or Lift  And Shift , it will be your choice. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Sit tight and wait, you may not hear from RCI about a cancellation till about February.

Are you talking  about February 2021? I doubt it will last this long. I expect first transatlantic cruises to start somewhere in October. In the Christmas the latest. I understand that situation is kinda difficult right now but we can still manage it together if we agree on the terms the cruise liners are willing us to follow 

44 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Are you talking  about February 2021? I doubt it will last this long. I expect first transatlantic cruises to start somewhere in October.

Yes, the poster has a 4/2021sailing and RCI has been canceling about two months out. Not sure the location of the ship means much.

The Empress and the Majesty knew their fate when they were used to transport crew members to Europe.  Why would you use these older ships unless you knew that they weren't returning to North America?  This may be encouraging news for fans of the Grandeur, perhaps she will be used to replace the Empress or the Majesty.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Sit tight and wait, you may not hear from RCI about a cancellation till about February.

I sure hope we won’t be waiting almost 6 months to find out whether Empress will be scrapped.  Unlike other ships that you’re sure will sail, but you don’t know when - I fully expect Empress to leave RCI’s fleet. 

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I sure hope we won’t be waiting almost 6 months to find out whether Empress will be scrapped. 

The same could have been said 4 months ago when she started out for her TA. RCI is unlikely to say anything till after she's on the beach at Aliaga, and even then maybe keep selling cabins on her (like they are doing with Pullmantur).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The same could have been said 4 months ago when she started out for her TA. RCI is unlikely to say anything till after she's on the beach at Aliaga, and even then maybe keep selling cabins on her (like they are doing with Pullmantur).

Amazing that two Pullmantur ships are in the process of being scrapped and one soon to be in Aliaga; at the same time cruises are being sold on these three, Monarch, Sovereign and Horizon.  RCG has a 50% stake in Pullmantur and is not being transparent about it so it's not surprising they are mum on Empress. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 7.36.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 7.59.56 AM.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Someone posted this on a number of Facebook groups. Do you think if this is the truth?

Anything could be true at this point.  If Empress does undergo a cold, long-term lay up, it could take months to reverse.  RCI is currently selling cruises on her for November 14, 2020 out of Miami.  How transparent is that, if true?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is an excerpt from the most recent investors call related to selling ships:

Assia Georgieva -- Infinity Research -- Analyst

Good morning guys. Jason, you mentioned changes to capacity and the delay to newbuild deliveries. Can you expand a little bit on possible ship sales of some of the older vessels, whether the market is there for those? And secondly, when you hopefully come back into service in early November, that would be at a limited capacity, I assume. Can you give us sort of a quantitative figure as to what number of ships you imagine will start sailing initially? Is it 10 or is it 30?

Jason Liberty -- Chief Financial Officer

Hi Assia and good morning. So we've been really I think fortunate over the years of being able to sell ships. And typically, our philosophy on it is if we don't think we have a good plan for that ship or to be generating sizable returns or it's difficult to make it a strategic fit to our brand by modernizing it and so forth, we have looked to sell the ships, and we typically have averaged one or two ships a year. Certainly, in this time, we are evaluating opportunities to sell ships or to take other actions with ships.

And I would say as that information comes live, we would of course update the investment community on that. We're -- there's already three ships that related to Pullmantur that are currently in the scrapping process. And so we're evaluating all options. But of course, we want to -- we put a lot of money into these ships.  These ships do exceptionally well. And so it could be a difficult decision to depart with the ship because they generate so much cash. The one comment I would just make in terms of the ramp-up, and I know, I'm sure everybody is eager to hear is it going to be x ships, y ships, whatever it is. I think as Richard pointed out a few minutes ago is that it's not going to be a light switch.

And it's not going to be a light switch because it's like starting any type of operation, we've got to ramp ourselves back up. And I think based on what we see in terms of demand and protocols and so forth will be the determinant on how many ships come back up on day 1. But our goal is to bring that back up and move that dimmer as quickly as we possibly can to get our fleet fully back up and running and under the safety and health and protocols that everybody would expect us to be doing.

Richard Fain included the following during his opening comments:

Now while accessing capital and deferred debt payments are critical, another important liquidity action we can take is cash burn. To this end, our operating teams expect to have the whole fleet in their expected level of lay-up by the end of this month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Looking good, my Queen

FB_IMG_1598022233253.jpg.596a428162a3556b37cca83d0ed3a1d6.jpg

Both Soverign and Monarch looked to be in better shape.... They won't spend a dime more then they have to on Empress, because it's wasted money.

Edited by Extra Kim
  • Like 1