Empress of The Seas

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

This link may work: https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R

When you sign into Royal, look for the "Cruise with Confidence" page. It's a bit hard to find. There are 3 options: Cancel; Request a Refund;and Lift and Shift. Lift and Shift will ask for your Booking ID, your last name, sail date and ship. Once you select "Begin Request" it will give options and ask you to select your top 3. I haven't gone any further than to look at the options. I assume that once selected and submitted I would be locked in. I'm not ready to pull the plug on Empress yet.

Hop this helps

Thank you for the very clear explanation....it helps a lot!  Now I know where to look......

On 8/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, bigeck said:

Please dont xlass all Europeans the same

I don't call ALL Europeans the same but they do have similar beliefs across Europe which can easily be proven by their taxation rates. To Europeans (again, based on their tax rates which they approved), higher taxation is better in almost every circumstance.

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I don't call ALL Europeans the same but they do have similar beliefs across Europe which can easily be proven by their taxation rates. To Europeans (again, based on their tax rates which they approved), higher taxation is better in almost every circumstance.

Uk has a 20% tax rate and Denmark has 60%

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Turkey might be full, certainly scrappers in India have openings 

FWIW, the Turkey operation seems much cleaner than India beachings

I don't think that we will see any ship from the big cruise lines scraped in India. Not without being sold several times anyway. 

But it might become a Fiat or a Ferrari if Aliaga is full.

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

Uk has a 20% tax rate and Denmark has 60%

VAT Tax for England is 20% and for Denmark is 25%. No idea where you get 60% from as that is waaaaaay off the mark when comparing apples to apples. Either way, it proves when compared to US sales taxes that Europeans, unlike the US (for the most part), have no issues whatsoever slapping more and more taxes on their population as a whole.

FYI, when I was stationed in England from 1981-1983, the VAT was only 11%. Why the extra 9% in the last 30+ years? Finding that your free health care ain't so free?

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

VAT Tax for England is 20% and for Denmark is 25%. No idea where you get 60% from as that is waaaaaay off the mark when comparing apples to apples. Either way, it proves when compared to US sales taxes that Europeans, unlike the US (for the most part), have no issues whatsoever slapping more and more taxes on their population as a whole.

FYI, when I was stationed in England from 1981-1983, the VAT was only 11%. Why the extra 9% in the last 30+ years? Finding that your free health care ain't so free?

No one thinks that it's "free".  It is paid through payroll taxes.  If we had the same system, instead of paying insurance premiums, you would pay payroll taxes, as you do now for Social Security and Medicare. 

On 8/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, BigAl94 said:

She is the sole ship of her class and the oldest vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet so I doubt if she has a future.

if empress is sold what ship will they use to dock in hamilton bermuda for 7 day cruises

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Or Canada/New England?

Or eventually San Juan?  I'm considering B2Bs from SJ on Empress, but not booking until her fate is known.  I wouldn't fly that far for just any ole ship!

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Added a word

15 minutes ago, NuisanceLuke said:

Or eventually San Juan?  I'm considering B2Bs from SJ on Empress, but not booking until her fate is known.  I wouldn't fly that far for just any ole ship!

Any ship can go to SJ😉😇

18 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Not sure how I got involved in this. Anyway

For a start, value added tax has nothing to do with the health service.

In Uk we get wages every week or monthly and we have deductions. Income tax is taking off at a rate of 20% and national insurance (to cover health care) is taken off at 12%. However, the first £187 per week is free from the NI tax.

VAT was brought in to allow company's to claim back on certain products. VAT is included in every price in supermarkets etc.

VAT is however shown on goods in places like Costco, building supply yards as company's can claim Vat back if vat is charged if they charge the customer Vat. 

Denmark currently has an income tax of 58.5%. Not sure what that includes. You will have to ask a Dane.

Sorry folks for going off topic, but I had to reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Any ship can go to SJ😉😇

That is true.but empress is only one small enough to fit in hamilton cruise port.I donot thing RC would sell the only ship they have for that port.Not with their financial situation