Empress of The Seas

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal is better than Amazon whose 2 day Prime delivery service turned into 8 days and who sold me illegal Mexican hand sanitizer but refuses to refund it.  Royal is better than Comcast who is charging overage charges so my wife, an educator, can teach class from home using video all day long (school districts don't pay for teacher's internet at home).  Royal is better than American Airlines who gouged me a 250% premium to fly home from Europe during the pandemic despite getting billions in bailout money that comes out my taxes. Royal is better than Airbnb who screwed me outright as a result of the pandemic.  

There is no shortage of companies that are getting customer service wrong.  Granted it took patience dealing with Royal, but at the end of the day I am whole with Royal and as a result I am booking more cruises with them including another Empress cruise today.  I am not whole with any of the other above companies and several more.

I have no idea if today's bookings will sail or if the ship will be in fleet at that time but I have much greater confidence that Royal will take of care of me eventually should for whatever reason I don't sail on that date.  Former Platinum with American Airlines who will not book that airline again.  

We have Rhapsody of the Seas Booked for March 2022, not really feeling like it will still be around by then, by I do feel if Royal Caribbean is still around by then they will make it right.

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have Rhapsody of the Seas Booked for March 2022, not really feeling like it will still be around by then, by I do feel if Royal Caribbean is still around by then they will make it right.

We have several RH's booked in April.......we are determined to go.....even if we have to get everyone to grab an oar and row!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal is better than Amazon whose 2 day Prime delivery service turned into 8 days and who sold me illegal Mexican hand sanitizer but refuses to refund it.  Royal is better than Comcast who is charging overage charges so my wife, an educator, can teach class from home using video all day long (school districts don't pay for teacher's internet at home).  Royal is better than American Airlines who gouged me a 250% premium to fly home from Europe during the pandemic despite getting billions in bailout money that comes out my taxes. Royal is better than Airbnb who screwed me outright as a result of the pandemic.  

There is no shortage of companies that are getting customer service wrong.  Granted it took patience dealing with Royal, but at the end of the day I am whole with Royal and as a result I am booking more cruises with them including another Empress cruise today.  I am not whole with any of the other above companies and several more.

I have no idea if today's bookings will sail or if the ship will be in fleet at that time but I have much greater confidence that Royal will take of care of me eventually should for whatever reason I don't sail on that date.  Former Platinum with American Airlines who will not book that airline again.  

Sorry to read about your trials.

5 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's just one of the 63 bookable cruises on Empress currently on RCI's website. The earliest one is out of Miami on November 22, 2020.  Lot's of work to rearrange all these cruises, if true. 

Hoping your post is incorrect as I'm booked on Empress on November 14, 2020 - 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

33 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Hoping your post is incorrect as I'm booked on Empress on November 14, 2020 - 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

You're right -- I didn't see that one -- it's the earliest then -- Nov 14 would be the earliest then, not Nov 22.  Hope you get to sail on that date.  There's two and a half months left to get Empress out of warm layup, staff with crew, and cross the Atlantic, assuming the CDC gives the green light.  

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Maybe they should also remove the Explorer and Jewel which are also in Europe.

They most definitely should remove the sailings they know for a fact are a no-go.  Empress has a Nov 14, 2020 sailing out of Miami.  In normal pre-pandemic times it would not be a problem - there's plenty of time for her to cross the Atlantic, however there are many more factors involved that need to fall into place and the likelihood of all those pieces coming together are becoming remote as time goes by.

12 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

You're right -- I didn't see that one -- it's the earliest then -- Nov 14 would be the earliest then, not Nov 22.  Hope you get to sail on that date.  There's two and a half months left to get Empress out of warm layup, staff with crew, and cross the Atlantic, assuming the CDC gives the green light.  

Not much different for any of the Royal ships in Europe.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Plenty of room

Apparently there are several companies doing work at Aliga and the one that got the cruise ships only has a limited section of the beach- all the ships they work have to fit, hence the tight squeeze of Insperation in there. If they had room I would have thought Horizon would have been on the beach already. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Apparently there are several companies doing work at Aliga and the one that got the cruise ships only has a limited section of the beach- all the ships they work have to fit, hence the tight squeeze of Insperation in there. If they had room I would have thought Horizon would have been on the beach already. 

I wonder if it's more efficient to strip them when they are propped up against each other

19 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

More reason to delete booking options for the ones they know for sure won't be sailing!

Seeing as every cruise we have booked with Royal has changed after we have booked it seems to me that no cruises are intended to sail as they are originally advertised!

I am sure Royal would rather be sailing as all of us would .I have had 4 cruises cancelled at this point. It’s disappointing for everyone. They can’t make any money if they don’t sail. The pandemic Is like nothing else we’ve all experienced.No one could have predicted  what the pandemic would have done to the world.  People lost their lives, Jobs, homes, life savings, etc.

Royal has no control of when they can sail at this point. All the cruise lines have not been able to sail either. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, twangster said:

Former Platinum with American Airlines who will not book that airline again.  

To be fair American has been a disappointment since the 90's. They can get my luggage home a day before me though. I told Citibank I no longer wanted the AAdvantage card, instead they gave me an unadvertised version with no annual fees that pays 1 mile for every $2 spent. lol

On 8/25/2020 at 10:30 PM, Merion_Mom said:

No one thinks that it's "free".  It is paid through payroll taxes.  If we had the same system, instead of paying insurance premiums, you would pay payroll taxes, as you do now for Social Security and Medicare. 

You pay a LOT more than just payroll taxes. In Germany, gas, costs about $7 a gallon (almost all taxes), they pay taxes on every computer, radio, and TV in the house, they pay tax on their green spaces, and a much higher income tax as well as massive VAT taxes. It's no where near as simple as you make it out to be. Thank God we don't have such a whackadoodle system here in the US.

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

You pay a LOT more than just payroll taxes. In Germany, gas, costs about $7 a gallon (almost all taxes), they pay taxes on every computer, radio, and TV in the house, they pay tax on their green spaces, and a much higher income tax as well as massive VAT taxes. It's no where near as simple as you make it out to be. Thank God we don't have such a whackadoodle system here in the US.

The topic here is healthcare.

Your paragraph has nothing to do with that.

Oh I am quite happy to have " that whackadoodle system" here and I never sailed the Empress of the  Seas- just saw that beauty near us on some cruises. It looks like she will survive Covid19. Amazing how fast Sovereign is be scraped- i just saw a pictures on the other topic about Sovereign.

Majesty arrived in the hood to check out her close relative's new home but performed a quick pitstop first much like Empress did when she arrived on the scene.

Screenshot_20200902-103030_Aislive.thumb.JPG.7b2139d4357969e138cbff03bb7567f7.JPG

Apparently it's a Greek tradition to kiss the pier before anchoring.

Screenshot_20200902-103009_Aislive.thumb.JPG.cc3e9f6fc40830ff6715e7a973eb25c4.JPG

With Majesty on her way to the housewarming party Empress decided to make a last minute fishing trip to catch tonight's get together dinner.

Screenshot_20200902-102728_Aislive.thumb.JPG.98aa3301f25d744beaf5dee4e8bbdba2.JPG

It's seems Majesty got lost.  Apparently "Turn left at the Blue Galaxy" that Empress had texted Majesty lost its meaning when that ship moved.   

Screenshot_20200902-134252_Aislive.thumb.JPG.0dc45527b870385b188c901274e38b61.JPG

Eventually Majesty asked directions from the gov't vessel and made the hard left to their new home.

Screenshot_20200902-152801_Aislive.thumb.JPG.a58f3a968707d4a26f10dd4efc0f3422.JPG

A passing mermaid caught the eye of the Empress crew so they decided to pursue.

Screenshot_20200902-152821_Aislive.thumb.JPG.69779be5e4471a603ab80fc69622c856.JPG

Realizing they wouldn't win this marathon they abandoned the chase and made for home.

Screenshot_20200902-172056_Aislive.thumb.JPG.10bf303724a30d62669898f70e8e094e.JPG

Meanwhile Majesty opened the champagne from the "Pier and Dash" store and started the party without Empress.

Screenshot_20200902-222059_Aislive.thumb.JPG.4230633f61f3af2059fe0ae48069b515.JPG

Eventually Empress made it back home just in time to nudge Majesty in the right direction.

Screenshot_20200902-222131_Aislive.thumb.JPG.8016b1dcc25e638e24ef7bf4633d2fff.JPG

It seems Empress's true goal today was to draw a Voovoozala.  

Screenshot_20200902-222145_Aislive.thumb.JPG.b8d024505c1df6080e40fe568ba599b7.JPG

This rightfully scared the other ships who cleared the area and avoided the wild girls.

Screenshot_20200902-222227_Aislive.thumb.JPG.a90e6b6db037884edde70a8f83d727cc.JPG

Such is the party when family gets together.

Needless to say they are both resting tonight and announced plans to sleep it off for a few days.

Screenshot_20200902-230317_Aislive.thumb.JPG.5dc4c5473b3f49d5c309dafe89f2a892.JPG

Edited by twangster
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3