Empress of The Seas

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

I noted that too.  

What a waste (money spent on the dry dock).   Clearly the plan was to keep her.  Interesting how quickly they gave up on her.  Maybe she had underlying health conditions...

At 30 years old, she was the oldest Carnival ship still sailing for Carnival.  

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I would say Fantasy had some engine issues.

Look at the videos of all the four ships beaching in Turkey.

All run aground cleanly except for Fantasy belching thick black smoke from her funnel.

She was probably refusing  to run aground.................

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I would say Fantasy had some engine issues.

Look at the videos of all the four ships beaching in Turkey.

All run aground cleanly except for Fantasy belching thick black smoke from her funnel.

Maybe somebody decided to give her full throttle for one last big push,has been done before,one of P&O's old freighters hit her highest known speed on the rush to the beach,out in a blaze of glory!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

According to that Instagram post, there are 4 more ahead of them.

I still can't get over the fact that Fantasy had a dry dock in 2019

It makes me really sad to read this kind of news everytime. I mean even if its true, there should be some other option. Why are they all going to dry docks? Companies are limiting the number of vessels that they can support? I am afraid that all future cruises will be more expensive 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:56 PM, wendyp247 said:

What does this have to do with the Empress of the Seas?  I don’t think this is the forum   to discuss this topic 

Go back several hundred posts to find whoever started talking about this subject. I'm not the one who went off-topic and I wasn't not going to let fallacies be stated without correcting them.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:03 AM, bigeck said:

No need for that tone.

I'm not about to give you a lesson on here how it works.

If Uk the system was that bad, why have we got dingy's overloaded with people trying to get in.

Maybe, like you, they are misinformed with the system and don't realise it's in a whackadoodle state.

On the other hand, you might want to move here and try it. Only then you can criticize.

If the US system is so bad comparatively, why do we have tens of thousands climbing border walls illegally. Many, many more than the dingys coming to your country. Those dingys are coming to you only because they can't make it across the Atlantic without sinking.

I lived there. Two years. In Ipswich (Foxhall Rd). How long have you lived in the US?

I'll take what "tone" I wish to take. If you don't like it you're free to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

If the US system is so bad comparatively, why do we have tens of thousands climbing border walls illegally. Many, many more than the dingys coming to your country. Those dingys are coming to you only because they can't make it across the Atlantic without sinking.

I lived there. Two years. In Ipswich (Foxhall Rd). How long have you lived in the US?

I'll take what "tone" I wish to take. If you don't like it you're free to move on.

You talk like your opinion matters that much that it will change someone else opinion 🙄

How about you just move on and keep this thread on topic. 

No one cares about opinions from anonymous forum users 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

How about you just move on and keep this thread on topic. 

So back to the topic ---- Where is Empress now and what's my chance of getting to sail on her in either Nov. 2020 or April 2021. 

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'

Plannin' and dreamin'

9 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

So back to the topic ---- Where is Empress now and what's my chance of getting to sail on her in either Nov. 2020 or April 2021. 

Plannin' and dreamin'

Close to Zero for November

No idea on April

12 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Plannin' and dreamin'

With no official word from Royal know one knows for sure what the future holds in store for her or the rest of the fleet with respect to a return to cruising.  The opinions, rumors and speculation for Empress can all be found in the pages of this thread.  Nothing new is known today that hasn't already been posted above.  Your guess is just as good as anyone else's.    

Edited by twangster

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Empress is anchored with Majesty off of a Greek island.  You can use CruiseMapper to see where all the ships are located.  I hope to be on the Empress in September 2021.

Souda, Crete.. to be exact... you know, that same port that every single cruise ship that has been disassembled in the scrap yard has visited so far. But hey, this is just coincidence. After all, Royal simply sailed her all the way from the Caribbean to this Greek port for fun, plus it's only 200 miles from the scrap yard port, just to keep those scrapped ships company. Carnival Inpiriation just left there and is heading for the scrap yard as we speak.

Anyways, like I said I'm sure it's all just coincidence. I'm sure Royal will consider re-staffing this empty ship since it barely has any balconies or suites, almost zero on board revenue producing amenities, and 100sf cabins, and sail her for free across the world to ensure everyone can get their discounted $399 interior cabin cruises.🙃

NOT! (add a ton of sarcasm to the above please) 🤪

November cruise =  negative -100000% chance

April... in my zero knowledge armchair quarterback opinion, I give it a 0.0001% chance.

I'm betting she will be scrapped along with Majesty prior to next spring.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

Just now, twangster said:

More suites than any Radiance class ship 😉 

Really? You counted? Too bad those suites on Empress are as small as (if not smaller than) a regular balcony on Radiance Class 😉

How many balcony cabins in total are there on each ship?

8 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Really? You counted? Too bad those suites on Empress are as small as (if not smaller than) a regular balcony on Radiance Class 😉

How many balcony cabins in total are there on each ship?

The ship facts sheets break it down.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/ships/

Ocean view on Empress to New England in May is over $2k.  I'm actually considering a Princess cruise to Alaska as my plan B if Empress goes to the beach.  Both are refundable and nearly the same price.

EDIT - Or maybe the charter site has the break down http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ships/

Edited by twangster

38 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Thx for that link twang. Empress doesn't show any balcony cabins... I counted them on the deck plan really quickly so I may have miscounted, however I counted 69 JS and above cabins.

Radiance has 578 balcony cabins.

Radiance class still has the fewest suites in the fleet 😉 

And those Empress suites garner a premium.  Probably turns a profit just on the suites, the rest is gravy.