The Daily for Friday Jul 31, 2020

richwmn

today is Mutts Day and National Raspberry Cake Day

Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate.

Meal suggestion for today - Garlic Butter Steak

Wine of the day - Clos Fourtet St.-Emilion vintage 2014

At Sea Indian
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Singapore Area
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam
Westerdam is listed as International Waters but appears to be moving,
maybe to Durban along with Volendam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0731Pacific.png

0731Sing.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the report.  Happy Mutts day to all the owners.    I won't have either Raspberry Cake or Butter Steak but they both sound great.

Today's care list:

Allen as he awaits test results

Sharon's In-laws

AndiLand I'm sure still struggling with the loss of Clemintine

fatcat04's MIL

Kazu, has Jose fully recovered?

People and ships in the path of Isaias

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Kazu, has Jose fully recovered?

He’s doing well, thanks.   It’s just cataract surgery so just drops and being careful he doesn’t lift anything too heavy, etc.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

We celebrate Mutt’s day every day here 😉 Too soon for raspberries here though.

LOL on your quote today - I know a few chocoholics who would agree with it 😉 

Yum on garlic butter steak and wine, of course.

I’ve never seen so many hummingbirds as this year.  They really like the dahlias.

889BE43A-A291-4F61-8034-BF30590B0407.thumb.jpeg.cfa973bc7d2bdc29014570352e756f35.jpeg

67B65D28-1E0B-40B7-ADC2-2EB56B3428DC.thumb.jpeg.656187810662f3ca3e601c4e89e84f25.jpeg

395D54D4-256A-46CF-8B2B-C4B898885FD2.thumb.jpeg.b7873e5af3e5e616f35e9b9e59297d27.jpeg

8B7BE357-051D-4315-B56A-1061117C2688.thumb.jpeg.c4fe5cbfe55fb49188e4ad92a32307b2.jpeg

Prayers to everyone else on our Care list and wishing everyone a great, safe and healthy weekend.

• Like 9

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope all are well!

Bindi is happy to see it is finally her day! 

81E28C0F-98B5-4FA3-A71E-E90B80D476CD.jpeg

Today is a gloomy day here. The first of several thanks to the very outer edges of Isaias. Hope it swings way out to sea. No one needs even a Cat 1 this year. 

Hope everyone continues on the path to recovery!  Stay well everyone.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 12

image.jpeg.d9ad2ca87b04e8ceed84b7e807b9d9bf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a5cc32cf02148dcff1370742848c65ea.jpeg

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. You are a blessing to us who come on to seek your words of wisdom. Especially those one liners.Those are so fun! The wine is oh so out of my wine budget but sounds delicious.. I think I will make the butter steak tonight, without the garlic as it blisters my throat..

Roy I was waiting for your post to come through so I could say prayers for folks on our prayer/care list. I do not know fatcat, but prayed for his MIL. A special prayer to you as well for thinking of us all. And thank you for your beautiful sunrise.

No need to add this person to prayer list, but please pray for "Michael" as he had a serious surgery last night.

Today I am going to get some potting soil and plant my container plants. Leopard plants and philodendron before it gets too hot. We are having high 90's for the next week, so I need to take special care of them for awhile.

Kazu your pictures are beautiful today. I was writing my post and noticed you posted ahead and had to go back and admire them.

Yum, raspberry cake in any form sounds delicious!

image.jpeg.399abc8f4d8207fc594db2201fcda283.jpeg

OK, off to make sausage gravy for Allen. Love ya'll, take care of yourself, wear your mask! Be kind. Blessings! Joy

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope all are well!

Bindi is happy to see it is finally her day! 

81E28C0F-98B5-4FA3-A71E-E90B80D476CD.jpeg

Today is a gloomy day here. The first of several thanks to the very outer edges of Isaias. Hope it swings way out to sea. No one needs even a Cat 1 this year. 

Hope everyone continues on the path to recovery!  Stay well everyone.

Is it Bindi's birthday? Did I miss it? She's adorable.

• Like 4

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Once again, you had me at chocolate . . .    We don't have a mutt (kitty), but we do have a rescue, does that count?  And she's not really a mutt, she turned out to be a purebred Ragdoll.   We love garlic butter steak, especially that served up in the Pinnacle on HAL ships; can't wait until we can order them again.  We're still in *hot, hot, hot* mode, so tonight will be grilled smokies and a pasta salad for dinner.  And wine.

I know this doesn't qualify as one of the beautiful photos people are sharing of their gardens and sunrises, but it appeared on my memories page today - the cruise that started this lifelong love for Honey Bunny, our son, and me.  I won our first cruise in 1989 through a radio contest, so we took it in July, 1989 for a 7 day run through the Caribbean.  Great memories.  Please don't judge the hair; everyone was getting perms in the 80's.  Oh, and look where the ship was registered!

Prayers for everyone who has struggles, and even for those who don't.  Be safe, stay well, and we'll see you next month!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

San Juan 1989.jpg

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Once again, you had me at chocolate . . .    We don't have a mutt (kitty), but we do have a rescue, does that count?  And she's not really a mutt, she turned out to be a purebred Ragdoll.   We love garlic butter steak, especially that served up in the Pinnacle on HAL ships; can't wait until we can order them again.  We're still in *hot, hot, hot* mode, so tonight will be grilled smokies and a pasta salad for dinner.  And wine.

I know this doesn't qualify as one of the beautiful photos people are sharing of their gardens and sunrises, but it appeared on my memories page today - the cruise that started this lifelong love for Honey Bunny, our son, and me.  I won our first cruise in 1989 through a radio contest, so we took it in July, 1989 for a 7 day run through the Caribbean.  Great memories.  Please don't judge the hair; everyone was getting perms in the 80's.  Oh, and look where the ship was registered!

Prayers for everyone who has struggles, and even for those who don't.  Be safe, stay well, and we'll see you next month!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

San Juan 1989.jpg

I think the majority of Carnival ships still are registered in Liberia.

Roy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think the majority of Carnival ships still are registered in Liberia.

Roy 

Actually, most of them are registered to Panama or the Bahamas - at least that's what Mr. Google tells me.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 2

Just now, ger_77 said:

Actually, most of them are registered to Panama or the Bahamas - at least that's what Mr. Google tells me.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Yup.  Momentary memory lapse.  I guess Liberia is mostly cargo.

Roy

• Like 1

I have a dilemma here. My hummingbirds were crazy over their mist fountain in their birdbath yesterday. This morning while I was out on the patio they kept swooping down at the bath, but the fountain was not on because it is solar! I think they are unhappy with me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every day should be some kind of Raspberry Day!

@ger_77 - Your photo, hair and all, brought a smile to my face!

This is a beautiful Tree Peony that unfortunately did not last too long in our climate. If you squint, you will see a Fern Peony in the back along with Bleeding Heart and Iris blooms - 

image.thumb.png.e5a2eba077d1a43245c40308e3a96263.png

"Old Man's Bones" (or similar) Sedum in bloom -

image.thumb.png.ff4203593325203a33a273ce6bc6d458.png

• Like 8

Biscuit is quite happy that it is HIS day as well.  But then, when isn't it his day?  Spoiled, but so very faithful.  And CHOCOLATE?  Yes Yes Yes

Biscuit gazing down the beach.jpg

Edited by CM1984
  • Like 10

We had a wonderful Mutt, for 13 years. I'm a cat person and our latest is 15 years and from the Animal welfare league.

Chocolate......makes everything better.  I've not had Raspberry Cake but will look for a recipe.  The berries will be out later next month I think.

Meal suggestion for today - Garlic Butter Steak  My favorite...and yes the Pinnacle makes the best.

Prayers for everyone.  We all need them in these trying times.

• Like 4