It Might Be A Bit Longer...

kismet618

Oh Dear. I suspect this is going to be problematic. Are passengers onboard in quarantine, or just crew? It says Hurtigruten is tracking down 177 passengers who disembarked early, but what about those that didn't disembark early? And was 177 the full amount of passengers onboard? Anyone know more details?

• Like 1

It actually is what I expected. Sadly, we/they just don't have a grip on this horrid virus.  It is so difficult to isolate this virus that even the most stringent requirements for protection don't seem to be enough. 

I was so happy when I first saw that some cruises were to take place out of Germany. I'm sad that cruises are still being found/seen to be the most worrisome when it comes to the spread of C-19. 

I truly hope that those affected will have a quick and full recovery. 

Cheers 🍺

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

OMG NO!  A whole whopping FOUR crew members and no passengers!

Four crew members that have tested positive is what they know of so far. All the remaining crew have been quarantined on the ship and are being tested to find out if any more crew are infected. All the passengers that disembarked were contacted and also told to quarantine and one who was interviewed, said she was waiting for her test to come back.

So at the time these articles were written, it was unknown how many more crew and/or passengers were infected. For you to state "A whole whopping FOUR crew members and no passengers!" implies that only the four crew members have tested positive. You cannot say that until all crew and passengers have been tested and the results come back negative on them.

For you to make that statement is presumptive at best.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

So at the time these articles were written, it was unknown how many more crew and/or passengers were infected. For you to state "A whole whopping FOUR crew members and no passengers!" implies that only the four crew members have tested positive. You cannot say that until all crew and passengers have been tested and the results come back negative on them.

For you to make that statement is presumptive at best.

Yep. More information is coming out. There was an infected passenger. There may be more. Translate this link.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/2GLwVR/hurtigruten-ble-varslet-om-passasjer-med-smitte-etter-forrige-tur-mente-det-ikke-var-grunn-til-bekymring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

So, in your world, how many crew and passengers can contract the virus before we should be concerned? 

Exactly.  If they cant even keep the virus off ships that are not sailing the general public, how are things going to go if they re-opened.  I don't think cruises will resume anytime this year.  Covid is supposed to get worse in the fall/winter when it collides with the flu season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Too many it's not a big deal, until further info comes out on ALL crew and pax being tested. 

You can bet if this was a sailing from the US , it would be a big deal to the CDC and cruise lines.

It's a sad commentary for those that have a concern and those that go OMG NO, 

7 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

It's up to 33 now. Most asymptomatic. Still testing. 

https://www.portandterminal.com/33-crew-members-test-positive-for-covid-19-on-a-norway-cruise/

Apparently 60 passengers are being quarantined at the Clarion Hotel in Tromso. Hurtigruten is working to contact the remaining passengers.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Thanks 1

Let's try to remember folks that these cruises going in the countries in Europe don't even require passengers to have a 72 hour negative test, so this was bound to happen.  When we do get started in the US, the CDC wont let us be that fast and loose with the rules.  Also, did the entire cruise have to wear masks the entire trip?  I know that is what the big 3 are proposing here, so that would be something to check out as well.  It's going to be different in every country that starts back up, so we have to remember that their oranges might not compare to our apples.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

Let's try to remember folks that these cruises going in the countries in Europe don't even require passengers to have a 72 hour negative test, so this was bound to happen.  When we do get started in the US, the CDC wont let us be that fast and loose with the rules.  Also, did the entire cruise have to wear masks the entire trip?  I know that is what the big 3 are proposing here, so that would be something to check out as well.  It's going to be different in every country that starts back up, so we have to remember that their oranges might not compare to our apples.

Here is the heath and safety list from Hurtigruten. It does not appear masks were mandatory and what @oteixeira stated about lack of negative testing before boarding is confirmed. 

https://www.hurtigruten.com/practical-information/health-and-safety-on-board/#safer-together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Now 33 crew. One passenger from previous voyage has developed symptoms and tested positive. Passengers from current voyage self isolating, not yet tested.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oteixeira said:

However incidence rates in Norway, very low. Passengers and crew either had to be from Norway, or quarantined before cruise.

Pretest is not a perfect solution since depending upon stage of infection even pcr tests can have a false negative rate as high as 80%. Overall false negative rate for pcr around 40% with Covid19.

If they can not do it with their incidence rate. No way US can sail with ours.