Bringing water and soda aboard

JOHN 57

Just now, JOHN 57 said:

I know, that per person, you are allowed to bring 1 wine 750ml.   Is there a limit on water and soda, that is brought aboard on embarkation  Thank you

No limit. Carry on all the non-alcoholic beverages you want at embarkation or at any port of call.

On embarkation day, hubby slaps a luggage tag on a couple of Coke Zero suitcases (duct taped together) and it shows up with our luggage.  How much he brings depends on length of cruise so he will also restock at different ports.  

I’m not a soda drinker but hubby only drinks Coke Zero. Won’t touch Diet Coke!

Edited by disneyochem

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's great that Princess still allows this. Carnival got soooooooooooo sick of the booze smuggling that they took away this privilege.

But honestly, we sail with Carnival the majority of the time, and as cheap as water is, it's not worth lugging it onboard.  Do like the fact that Princess offers their premium drink package with many of their fares which makes it more affordable to add-on to the booking and enjoy all things.  We calculated our fare difference and for $400, included drinks, gratuities, and wifi all for a 10-day cruise.  Can't beat that pricing.  

• Like 1

never a big soda (diet) drinker, but I've now gone 16 months without a single one ... replaced it with "fuzzy" water(s) ...

which while on a cruise comes with the drink package 

stay safe

stay hydrated

peace out

19 minutes ago, fabholidays said:

Hi, can I ask is water part of you 15 drinks per day allowance with the package on princess.

"Regular" bottled water in the smaller bottles is included. So is Perrier and San Pellegrino in the small bottles. If we have the beverage package we always snag a couple bottles of water on the way off the ship when in port.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

never a big soda (diet) drinker, but I've now gone 16 months without a single one ... replaced it with "fuzzy" water(s) ...

which while on a cruise comes with the drink package 

stay safe

stay hydrated

peace out

I used to drink a fair amount of Diet Mountain Dew when I was working. I got tired of it disappearing from the refrigerator so I just kept it in a file drawer in my office and drank it warm. Caffeine and IT go so well together. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I used to drink a fair amount of Diet Mountain Dew when I was working. I got tired of it disappearing from the refrigerator so I just kept it in a file drawer in my office and drank it warm. Caffeine and IT go so well together. 😎

I knew I had it bad when I would buy the 36 pack of Diet Dr Pepper from Costco and drink it warm... because i was too lazy to walk across the floor to the break room for ice.

One of my work mate always checked my supply hoping I had snuck a PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) in there. So towards the end of the project, I bought one, emptied the can through a hole cut with a Dremel, rinsed it out and left it there. Took him two 1/2 weeks to notice.

6 hours ago, fabholidays said:

Hi, can I ask is water part of you 15 drinks per day allowance with the package on princess.

Water doesn't count against your 15 drinks per day.  The 15 drink limit is only for alcohol drinks.  You can have 15 alcoholic drinks and as much small bottled water as you like.

• Like 1

I always buy a soda package but I usually bring a 12 pack of diet soda with me for the room. I always tag and check it in along with my luggage. The last two or three times at the port of LA the cans have been crushed to the point where they are leaking. If it’s possible for you to carry your drinks then I would.

10 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

But honestly, we sail with Carnival the majority of the time, and as cheap as water is, it's not worth lugging it onboard. 

The last time we were on Carnival they allowed you to bring a 12 pack of soda on board, but did open the box to make sure it was only soda cans.

Also, Carnival sells water at a pre-cruise price that is very low.

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I always buy a soda package but I usually bring a 12 pack of diet soda with me for the room. I always tag and check it in along with my luggage. The last two or three times at the port of LA the cans have been crushed to the point where they are leaking. If it’s possible for you to carry your drinks then I would.

It is possible to carry them on if you want.  We do it all the time BUT not large quantities. In FLL there is a Walgreens within walking distance of Pier 2 so we drop off our luggage and then go get what we want.