Will any Royal ships sail out of Florida 2020?

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In light of recent issues with sailings in Europe and spikes in Australia, will any Royal ship sail out of Florida in 2020?  I don’t think so. 

It will be financially difficult to not get those premium holiday sailings. 

But I think it's not happening

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

12-15 at the earliest and that is looking less likely by the minute. It will come down to covid subsiding quickly and hoping there will not be a winter time spike but Australia is having a hard time during their winter season.

Yes, our son lives in Melbourne and he said they have gone under stage four lockdown.  Curfew 8pto 5am, only allowed out for essentials, only one member of household out at a time no more than 5k from residence and masks are mandatory. He said there is a hefty fine if caught out during curfew.  This is for the next 6weeks.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In light of recent issues with sailings in Europe and spikes in Australia, will any Royal ship sail out of Florida in 2020?  I don’t think so. 

For once, I agree with you😂😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Yes, our son lives in Melbourne and he said they have gone under stage four lockdown.  Curfew 8pto 5am, only allowed out for essentials, only one member of household out at a time no more than 5k from residence and masks are mandatory. He said there is a hefty fine if caught out during curfew.  This is for the next 6weeks.

Sherri🙂

Don't you live in Melbourne 🤔

Not with any passengers. Cruising is done for the year. I don't think the CDC will even talk to them until they have a quarantine plan for an entire ship, how they plan to pay for it, and what they plan to do if the CDC bars them from returning to the US. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Don't you live in Melbourne 🤔

We live in Indian Harbor Beach which some people refer to as Melbourne.  He lives in a Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

WOW! I thought Australia had it under better control. I know the New Zealand PM said that she thought they were Covid free. 

It's a shame. I am just getting ready to cancel our transatlantic for November 1. Royal Caribbean obviously hasn't stepped up to do the right thing and announce the cancellation for us. :classic_rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

You mean Melbourne Australia I think. We have a Melbourne Florida too. 

M8

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

WOW! I thought Australia had it under better control. I know the New Zealand PM said that she thought they were Covid free. 

It's a shame. I am just getting ready to cancel our transatlantic for November 1. Royal Caribbean obviously hasn't stepped up to do the right thing and announce the cancellation for us. :classic_rolleyes:

The virus doesn’t go away just because of quarantine or lockdown. It’s terrible but a fact. All lockdowns do is an attempt to keep the healthcare system from getting overrun. 

M8

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

More than likely they will...any chance you can wait until they do ?

Okay. So far most of these experimental cruises in Europe and the South Pacific seem to have failed and have Covid -19 on board in either the crew or passengers. 

I don't think there will be Florida sailings this year. 

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

More than likely they will...any chance you can wait until they do ?

Thanks Ash! But nope. We booked a GS on Allure and added all the add ons because it was supposed to be our grand retirement cruise. I tried to move to an Interior cabin, to make final payment, but they are sold out/not available. :classic_rolleyes: I'm not making final for a GS. And the flight to Barcelona was cancelled anyway. No alternative offered (Norwegian). 

DH decided to work until the end of the year now, so we will just take our deposit FCC and look at something closer for next year.  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Current stats for Australia are 17,900 cases and 208 deaths.  The Melbourne area had an outbreak of 100+ cases and they have not been able to trace where it came from. So the stage 4 lockdown is their answer to controlling the spread.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks Ash! But nope. We booked a GS and added all the add ons because it was supposed to be our grand retirement cruise. I tried to move to an Interior cabin, to make final payment, but they are sold out/not available. :classic_rolleyes: I'm not making final for a GS. 

DH decided to work until the end of the year now, so we will just take our deposit FCC and look at something closer for next year.  

I understand about making special plans. We had 5 cruise's booked for 2021 to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary (yes we wanted to celebrate all year) and now those's are being whittled down and moved.

Oh well..what can you do during uncertain times.

Best of luck doing what's best for you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I understand about making special plans. We had 5 cruise's booked for 2021 to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary (yes we wanted to celebrate all year) and now those's are being whittled down and moved.

Oh well..what can you do during uncertain times.

Best of luck doing what's best for you both.

Congratulations on your special milestone! :classic_biggrin: Personally, I think I am going to buy a new, used retirement car. Late model Subaru Outback, for our future move to our Sierra foothills house. :classic_biggrin:

I still think cruises may not resume until the first quarter of 2021. :classic_huh:

• Thanks 1

• Host Kat changed the title to Will any Royal ships sail out of Florida 2020?
2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations on your special milestone! :classic_biggrin: Personally, I think I am going to buy a new, used retirement car. Late model Subaru Outback, for our future move to our Sierra foothills house. :classic_biggrin:

I still think cruises may not resume until the first quarter of 2021. :classic_huh:

Look at a WRX, you'll get there quicker 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

So far most of these experimental cruises in Europe and the South Pacific seem to have failed and have Covid -19 on board in either the crew or passengers. 

Other than the Hurtigruten ship, I have not heard of any other mainline cruise line which has sailed with passengers having issues big enough to affect future sailings. Main Schiff 2 is leaving on her fourth sailing today. The number of cruise ships starting out is going up.

Edited by Biker19

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Paul Gaugin just abandoned their French Polynesia cruise which embarked on Wednesday. 

That might be a strike against small ships, but maybe not cruising in general. Even with reduced capacity, there's not a whole lot of room on some of these expedition ships.