Next time I cruise I am definitely going to....

chemmo

8 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Nightly @ dinner - we make a Toast to All our Loved Ones who are no longer with us...

That's the nicest post I've read since I've been on CC. It made me feel good just reading it.

LOL--- You don't seem like the type that wears shorts, t shirts, and flip flops to dinner , as has been " challenged " in another thread for the past few days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

That's the nicest post I've read since I've been on CC. It made me feel good just reading it.

LOL--- You don't seem like the type that wears shorts, t shirts, and flip flops to dinner , as has been " challenged " in another thread for the past few days.  

Thanks, it started w/ my Mom's early departure in 2007...

I should have said...

Nightly @ dinner, on a cruise - we make a Toast to All our Loved Ones who are no longer w/ us...
side note - extra special peeps &/or recently departed are named in the toast...
In addition - Parents were big Martini drinkers - so while we are enjoying Martini's we do an additional toast to them 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, Von & John said:

Thanks, it started w/ my Mom's early departure in 2007...

I should have said...

Nightly @ dinner, on a cruise - we make a Toast to All our Loved Ones who are no longer w/ us...
side note - extra special peeps &/or recently departed are named in the toast...
In addition - Parents were big Martini drinkers - so while we are enjoying Martini's we do an additional toast to them 🙂

We are presently (for the second time this year) half way up a Welsh mountain (in our touring caravan) overlooking Puffin Island and Llandudno...We have no butler, I am the head chef, my husband everything else...We feel very blessed in this difficult time to have an option of a safe ‘home from home’ vacation...

We have just been remembering loved ones now gone, precious memories.

We have also just had a fly past of two US Osprey aircraft...Awesome! Didn’t expect that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We have also just had a fly past of two US Osprey aircraft...Awesome! Didn’t expect that!

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

That's awesome!

That is awesome.  Are you near RAF Mildenhall by chance?  😊

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We are presently (for the second time this year) half way up a Welsh mountain (in our touring caravan) overlooking Puffin Island and Llandudno...We have no butler, I am the head chef, my husband everything else...We feel very blessed in this difficult time to have an option of a safe ‘home from home’ vacation...

We have just been remembering loved ones now gone, precious memories.

Chemmo - sounds like a lovely trip!

Fantastic sighting on the Osprey...
Johnny's son flies Harriers

1 minute ago, Von & John said:

Fantastic sighting on the Osprey...
Johnny's son flies Harriers

We love to see aircraft, Harriers are favourites for us... We love the way they can ‘bow’ to the audience at air shows....somewhat unreal!

• Like 2

As I sit here contemplating what to do about a cruise I have booked for next July, mainly due to it's a trip to Europe that includes a lot more than just a cruise and just wishing I had a crystal ball, the next cruise I take will not be sweating any small stuff.  This has been a very stressful year for all of us....I plan to only arrived with my actual packed luggage and not bring any extra baggage with me! 

7 hours ago, islandgirlejfan said:

.I plan to only arrived with my actual packed luggage and not bring any extra baggage with me! 

Absolutely!

The main reason we started trying to book a pre cruise port stay first (along with the usual flight concerns!) was to have the opportunity to switch off and relax before we board our cruise. Time on board is too precious to waste time worrying! I must confess though, once on board I don’t really relax until all the unpacking is done!

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, Von & John said:

Fantastic sighting on the Ospreys

Re the Ospreys...They have apparently visited RAF Valley, home to the Red Arrows. There is a great diversity of flying opportunities here, hence the reason for it being a key RAF training site. The BBC is also apparently doing a documentary at present on RAF Valley, it will be interesting to see if the Ospreys are shown.

It really was awesome to be sat quietly in our caravan and then hear and then see the ‘birds’ approach...Just wish we had had our cameras ready!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Re the Ospreys...They have apparently visited RAF Valley, home to the Red Arrows. There is a great diversity of flying opportunities here, hence the reason for it being a key RAF training site. The BBC is also apparently doing a documentary at present on RAF Valley, it will be interesting to see if the Ospreys are shown.

It really was awesome to be sat quietly in our caravan and then hear and then see the ‘birds’ approach...Just wish we had had our cameras ready!

At least you have the memory.  Can't always have the camera handy.  One of my favorite memories and photos is of my teen son on the dune deck at the beach we go to every year watching the FA-18s do touch and goes.  Guess what he grew up to be?  An FA-18 fighter pilot!  Top Gun, the whole nine yards.  Even if I didn't have the photo, I would have the memory.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

At least you have the memory.  Can't always have the camera handy.  One of my favorite memories and photos is of my teen son on the dune deck at the beach we go to every year watching the FA-18s do touch and goes.  Guess what he grew up to be?  An FA-18 fighter pilot!  Top Gun, the whole nine yards.  Even if I didn't have the photo, I would have the memory.

Wonderful....

On 9/8/2020 at 6:03 PM, Texed said:

That is awesome.  Are you near RAF Mildenhall by chance?  😊

Hi Texed, we are near to RAF Mildenhall.... my best friends husband works there in the Galaxy Club.  We also live near to RAF Bentwaters. Many happy memories of visiting there as a teen. 

2 hours ago, louise1809 said:

Hi Texed, we are near to RAF Mildenhall.... my best friends husband works there in the Galaxy Club.  We also live near to RAF Bentwaters. Many happy memories of visiting there as a teen. 

Spent some time at RAF Mildenhall.  Galaxy Club was a wild place on Friday night.  😮

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, scottca075 said:

"Next time I cruise I am definitely going to...."

Eat way more!

(who am I kidding, that is impossible)

We were chatting about this the other day and talking about the nicest meals, best food...we had enjoyed when cruising. There were the obvious Murano special occasions, as we frequently dine there we are always well looked after. On a few occasions they have been kind enough to cook us off menu items which have been really appreciated. We also always enjoy fantastic cruise aways in Tuscan, nothing like first night of a cruise sitting by the window watching the port lights fade....In addition to these special venues there are many less ‘fine dining’ memorable experiences we have thoroughly enjoyed...

We can remember talking to our Indian waiter in the MDR one cruise saying how much we loved his country’s cuisine and the next night arriving to a menu he had asked the chef to put together for us. On another cruise our butler arranged a lunchtime Indian banquet for us. On both occasions the thought has been appreciated as much as the food.

Then there was the room service standard offering we enjoyed wrapped in blankets on our balcony in Flam after a hectic morning. Basic food but hot, tasty and just what we needed!

Then there is that feeling of total rest and relaxation when you have boarded the ship and sit down for something to eat. This experience is even better now everyone isn’t lugging around their hand luggage.

Then that indulgent burger pool side. You have already had a big breakfast and are not really hungry at all but who can resist? They may not be the best burgers we have ever eaten but they are probably the ones we have enjoyed the most...

So next time I cruise I will probably not eat more or less but I will relish every mouthful!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

.......pinch myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming and am really on a cruise ship.

I think we are all feeling a bit like that...We should have been cruising next month on the Silhouette.... we are very grateful that we swapped a couple of months ago to September 2021. That seems a looong way off but at least we do have something to look forward to. 

We usually book a suite so board to bubbly on ice in the room. Normally we leave it until later in the cruise as we have usually already had a glass or three in Michael’s/Retreat. Next time I am very tempted on boarding to open it on the balcony ‘Grand Prix’ style and just cover us all in sticky bubbles!!! 

I am sure it is not just us who wants to make our next cruise ‘the best ever’...I am sure we will walk around all day with fixed grins on our faces, we won’t give a hoot if we can’t find a sun bed and will not mind in the least if we are waiting for ever at the Martini bar to get served! I will relish more than usual that quiet early morning coffee in El Bachio and savour that last cognac on the balcony...

• Like 4

On 9/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Please thank you son for his service from those of us on CC.  

• Like 1