*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

bury me at sea

1 minute ago, drsel said:

But carnival Corporation group company Costa is still having Cruises in October from Dubai and Abu Dhabi

True, but that does not apply to the 99.3% of the people who sail out of the U.S. & Canada. 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

True, but that does not apply to the 99.3% of the people who sail out of the U.S. & Canada. 

All the above may be true, but the true indicator here is that CLIA did the cancels vs the Lines.  Cruising is in trouble for 2020.

Our October 3rd Horizon cruise was cancelled as well. I just got off the phone with my new PVP and he got us rescheduled to sail aboard the Mardi Gras on September 25, 2021.  We will certainly put that $600 OBC to good use. I just hope that the virus will be a distant memory by then.

Eli_6:  Yes, they can apply it to a cruise already booked.  My October cruise was cancelled prior to final payment so Carnival transferred the monies I had already paid towards a cruise I had booked for next April and transferred $600 OBC to that cruise also.  I believe the FCC is equal to the amount of money you already deposited into the cancelled cruise, which, in my case was the original deposit when I booked..

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

If I understand your question correctly, if you rebook now with the Early Saver rate and with the cancellation OBC, you can also take advantage of future price drops, OBC in a special new rate code you price match to, stockholder, OBC, etc.

What you can't do is carry forward the cancellation OBC if the newly rebooked replacement cruise is subsequently cancelled.

Thanks so much for answering. That's exactly what I was asking since Carnival seems to have OBC promotions frequently with new bookings, I was planning on doing an Early saver rate. 

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

If I understand your question correctly, if you rebook now with the Early Saver rate and with the cancellation OBC, you can also take advantage of future price drops, OBC in a special new rate code you price match to, stockholder, OBC, etc.

What you can't do is carry forward the cancellation OBC if the newly rebooked replacement cruise is subsequently cancelled.

O.k. thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if you could "stack" OBC that was provided for multiple cancellations.  Doesn't look like it.  But it does sound like if you are offered OBC as part of booking or like Stockholder OBC that you do get that in addition as they are "different" types of OBC.

My other question I have is in regards to gift cards...We paid in full with gift cards...I plan to just take the FCC/OBC...so will anything actually be refunded to the gift cards?  If we take FCC does the cruise fare as well as taxes stay out there for me to apply to next cruise?  Also, I prepaid for gratuities...so will that be there too?  I'm hoping that I basically have $xxxx amount of dollars that I have already paid available to apply to next cruise.  I hope I don't have to wait on partial refund to gift cards as I've heard that is kind of a nightmare.

Lastly, can you utilize the $600 OBC to pay gratuities once you get onboard?  That is what I would like to do ultimately...

Thanks in advance for response.  jmoak 

5 minutes ago, jmoak said:

O.k. thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if you could "stack" OBC that was provided for multiple cancellations.  Doesn't look like it.  But it does sound like if you are offered OBC as part of booking or like Stockholder OBC that you do get that in addition as they are "different" types of OBC.

My other question I have is in regards to gift cards...We paid in full with gift cards...I plan to just take the FCC/OBC...so will anything actually be refunded to the gift cards?  If we take FCC does the cruise fare as well as taxes stay out there for me to apply to next cruise?  Also, I prepaid for gratuities...so will that be there too?  I'm hoping that I basically have $xxxx amount of dollars that I have already paid available to apply to next cruise.  I hope I don't have to wait on partial refund to gift cards as I've heard that is kind of a nightmare.

Lastly, can you utilize the $600 OBC to pay gratuities once you get onboard?  That is what I would like to do ultimately...

Sorry for repeating, but yes you can carry forward all you previously paid including port fees and taxes.

Yes obc can be used for anything once onboard including tips.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmoak said:

I paid for my cruise through Costco with gift cards. It was cancelled April 2nd for a May cruise and I still have not received my gift card money back and we are now at 4 months plus.

14 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I paid for my cruise through xxxxxx with gift cards. It was cancelled April 2nd for a May cruise and I still have not received my gift card money back and we are now at 4 months plus.

Contact your TA as you should receive the gift cards back (not the money for them).

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Contact your TA as you should receive the gift cards back (not the money for them).

You are correct. I am waiting for the new gift cards to be issued as a refund. Called about a month ago and the Costco rep was told by Carnival rep " soon" but no commitment date.

I really do not think we are going to see USA cruising until after the new year.  Given what is happening with the few ships that have re-started, I think the CDC will not let it go ahead in the USA.  That is just my thought.

To be honest, I was looking at a spring cruise, but now, I am thinking it would be better to wait until next fall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmoak said:

These issues represent the best reason to do this whole thing by phone, not on the computer.  Or through your TA or PVP.

Your prepaid grats can move to the new cruise.  You can request them not to move them, then there will be a couple of possibilities, depending on whether the total amount you've already paid is less than the cost of the replacement cruise.

You can use the cancellation OBC for gratuities but there are variables involved with transferring vs. refunding the amount you've already paid.  A phone call will truly be your best route.

Depressing - but not remotely surprising - to be seeing this. Anyone using rational analysis of evidence saw this coming long ago. (Go back to posts from May or even April to see that).  

The hard-to-face question now is: Why does anyone think conditions will be different Nov 1?

Precisely which scientists and credentialed epidemiologists (not

YouTube entertainers) are saying COVID "miraculously" goes away by then?

'Cuz until that happens, pumping more $ into deposits for make-believe cruises is just chasing another unicorn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Crystal is no longer accepting cruise payments. I can only assume they don't want to take cash if they'll have to give it back. I think Carnival is using a different model: accepting payments, then refunding if necessary.

And holding on to the money for months on end.  I suspect they are using the payments from cruises they know they will cancel as an interest free loan.

Frankly, I am starting to get rather put off at the way they are doing business.  Two days ago they were still saying that the October cruises were going forward. (I obviously knew that was B.S.)  People book non-refundable airfare and take off work because Carnival tells them a cruise is going forward when the suits or higher ups darn well know they are canceling it.  It is, at the least, inconsiderate of its customers and, at worst, dishonest business practices. 

My B2B European cruises for next June (which are reschedules of a reschedule) are now missing from the website.  Yet, once again, Carnival is giving the same old party line: Not canceling.  How am I to know when they have told me that line so many times before and then a few days or weeks later canceled a cruise? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Depressing - but not remotely surprising - to be seeing this. Anyone using rational analysis of evidence saw this coming long ago. (Go back to posts from May or even April to see that).  ...

I agree.  When I phoned my daughter she asked how I felt.  That's easy.  I feel not surprised, but sad and disappointed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

And holding on to the money for months on end.  I suspect they are using the payments from cruises they know they will cancel as an interest free loan.

Frankly, I am starting to get rather put off at the way they are doing business.  Two days ago they were still saying that the October cruises were going forward. (I obviously knew that was B.S.)  People book non-refundable airfare and take off work because Carnival tells them a cruise is going forward when the suits or higher ups darn well know they are canceling it.  It is, at the least, inconsiderate of its customers and, at worst, dishonest business practices. 

My B2B European cruises for next June (which are reschedules of a reschedule) are now missing from the website.  Yet, once again, Carnival is giving the same old party line: Not canceling.  How am I to know when they have told me that line so many times before and then a few days or weeks later canceled a cruise? 

They are giving the same line because......it is the truth?   Having done a huge amount of the credits, I can vouch for how detailed and lo g the process is.  

7 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

We have an October 2020 cruise which was just cancelled and when I go to transfer my funds to a future cruise I have booked it's starting they are unable to locate my original cruise. I confirmed on my carnival manager the booking number, date etc. but it's still not allowing me. Forget trying to call their telephone lines are down. 

Anyone else having issues. 

Two+ weeks ago my two sailings on the Radiance were cancelled.  I could not get the form to work, and received the exact same message.  Seriously, I contacted Carnival via direct message through (The Carnival Cruise Line Book of faces) They responded in about 28 hours that they would forward my information and have it addressed.  Within two days, I received a call on my cell from "Miami".  Answer the phone.  It really is Carnival.  And the representative was with the Executive Resolutions department.  Great service, and she got me assigned to a PVP.  He then contacted my via email a few days later.  Now I need to contact him for my October 31 cancellation.  If that doesn't work....I have a phone number..... 

7 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

. . .

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

You can rebook for any priced cruise you wish.

Assuming it's the same two passengers on a cruise that was at least six days long, you will get $600 cancellation OBC.

All money you have already paid for the cancelled cruise including fare, port fees and taxes, pre-paid grats, and Carnival insurance, will be applied to the new cruise.  This could be in 2 separate transactions.  (They somehow separate cruise fares, deposits, refundable charges, etc.)

If what you already paid is less than the same charges for the new cruise, you will owe the difference.

If you already paid more than the same charges for the new cruise you will get the overpayment up to a set amount (I don't remember how much) as OBC or a refund (again I don't remember which.)

In effect Carnival is offering to make you whole regarding monies paid, and adding the cancellation OBC as a thank you for rebooking.

Hope this answers your question.  Occasionally I have been known to misunderstand a question!

31 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'll ask in here so as not to create yet another cancellation thread.

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

We rebooked a more expensive cruise, so will owe some, but I'm unclear on the offer of FCC for Option 1.

I've read excess fcc you can get as obc, up to $500 limit. After that you lose it. 

That's in addition to the $600 obc if it was a 6 day cancelled, so $1100 obc, and you can add stockholders for another $100 on a 7 day and right now I think ccl is offered a extra $50 obc, and it's all combinable.,

Edited by firefly333