*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

bury me at sea

My October 31 has been cancelled.  

54693b1f-6885-438a-91e4-e4ab6dd7e807.png

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

The members of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have agreed to extend the voluntary pause in cruise operations in the U.S. until October 31, 2020. If conditions in the U.S. change and short, modified sailings are possible, the industry may consider an earlier restart, but at this time, we must cancel your upcoming cruise, and for that we apologize for disrupting your vacation plans. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work through these unprecedented decisions.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The wording is such that Oct 31 sailings are included in the "Pause".  You'll get cancelled.  There are no sailings available on the Carnival website in Oct, including any that would have sailed on the 31st.

It says "Until", not "Through"

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!  Just got the notification via email that my Oct. cruise was cancelled. Weighing out the options, and was hoping some of you more experienced cruisers can help, and posting for other less experienced travelers to get some useful info as well. 

Leaning towards taking the OBC, but won't be re-booking just yet. Some questions:

1. How long has it been taking to receive a full refund? Or a refund of just the taxes and fees.

2. Should there be more availability of trips posted later in the year? I don't see many Alaska trips or as mentioned on a separate thread, Europe departures.

3. If there are other promos offered on future sailings, like OBC, can you receive it in addition to the $300-$600 OBC credit from this round of cancellations?

4. Are most of you re-booking right away or taking a "wait and see" approach?

Thanks!

I'm not surprised at all, but let down.  On the upside, for a few months I had something to look forward to, and hope is a valuable thing.  It perked me up to think I'd be on a ship again.  Ah, well.  There will be other ships and other years.  Let's all be glad we have our health and look toward a brighter future.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

All cruises? My Sunshine cruise on Oct 31 hasn't gotten notice. And if you go to CCL's health sailing update dated today it still says through Sept.

The website says "All other ships: Sailings through and including October 31, 2020" have been canceled.

Edited by imluvncruzn
  • Like 4

I, like almost everyone else, guessed that this would happen, especially when I was given an extension to make the final payment for our October 10 cruise until later in August. It seems the CSR may have known that this was coming so agreed to my request.

I had three cabins booked for the family and will rebook for sometime in 2022.

I think that 2021 may be too early to predict how this all will transpire. Back in March I was fairly confident that

the case numbers would have declined by now and we would have the pandemic under control, as has happened in many other countries. I am not so optimistic or naive anymore. I am experiencing a mixture of sadness and being mad as hell.

Its one OBC for cancellations, no matter how many times you have rebooked.   Unless, for example you had 2 cruises cancelled at the same time---both of those would get the 600 if rebooked as 2 new cruises.  (so its one per original booking, if that makes sense)

I have rebooked our cancelled April (which was then booked to August-then cancelled and rebooked to next August), so 1 OBC of 600.    We also have another cruise scheduled for next March....cant wait to get back at it!!

I have a great PVP and both times my cruises were cancelled, he got my new cruise rebooked and credited all my money (minus a gift card refund that came about 2 months after the april cancel).   All was handled immedicately after i messaged him on social media

More cruises will get added for next year and going forward...ships, ports and itineraries have to get shored up a bit more first.

Edited by bingomamma19
  • Like 1

We have an October 2020 cruise which was just cancelled and when I go to transfer my funds to a future cruise I have booked it's starting they are unable to locate my original cruise. I confirmed on my carnival manager the booking number, date etc. but it's still not allowing me. Forget trying to call their telephone lines are down. 

Anyone else having issues. 

This was a cancelled cruise from April but that was under different booking number. 

My 10/31 cruise that was cancelled was being handled by a travel agent. I assume that I am able to book a new cruise on my own and have the FCC that I requested from Carnivals email applied to the new booking with any assistance from the travel agent, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just now, lovetocruise79 said:

We have an October 2020 cruise which was just cancelled and when I go to transfer my funds to a future cruise I have booked it's starting they are unable to locate my original cruise. I confirmed on my carnival manager the booking number, date etc. but it's still not allowing me. Forget trying to call their telephone lines are down. 

Anyone else having issues. 

This was a cancelled cruise from April but that was under different booking number. 

The same thing happened to me.  I just accepted the FCC in one transaction, then go back to the email, all the way at the bottom in the tiny, tiny notes there is a link to use to provide new booking info.  I decided to give it 24-48 hours before I try, but I did click on the link and it takes you to just a "credit your FCC" so it is different than the "choose what to do" page.  I will report back after I go all the way through the process.

Carnival's website sometimes takes a day or two after an announcement to catch up.  Good idea not to worry and call them in the next 48 to 72 hours when their staff has been fully informed of changes, cancellations, etc.

Edited by evandbob

1 hour ago, supercanadian said:

Hi Everyone!  Just got the notification via email that my Oct. cruise was cancelled. Weighing out the options, and was hoping some of you more experienced cruisers can help, and posting for other less experienced travelers to get some useful info as well. 

Leaning towards taking the OBC, but won't be re-booking just yet. Some questions:

1. How long has it been taking to receive a full refund? Or a refund of just the taxes and fees.

90 days either way.

2. Should there be more availability of trips posted later in the year? I don't see many Alaska trips or as mentioned on a separate thread, Europe departures.

Yes.  You may want to wait to rebook.

3. If there are other promos offered on future sailings, like OBC, can you receive it in addition to the $300-$600 OBC credit from this round of cancellations?

Probably not.  We did get $600/cabin OBC for cancellation plus $200/cabin when they changed from Radiance to Breeze on the rebooked trip.  Expect that will not increase if we need to rebook again.

4. Are most of you re-booking right away or taking a "wait and see" approach?

If you want to rebook for same date a year from now, go ahead.  If you want to rebook from cancelled October to this November, I would hold off a while.  That's likely to be cancelled anyhow.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Personally I think. No more cruises this year. We had one cruise this year and that was the Sky in January. All our others were cancelled. Now two were cancelled. Oct 5th and the 31st. Next booked one is for January 9th 2021. That was to be our 50th Carnival cruise. No longer. Not till we sail on the Mardi Gras for Halloween 2021.

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had my “please refund” email ready

in drafts earlier this morning, ready to send to my PVP.  Just tired of endless rebooking by this point.

Update:  My excellent PVP told me that I don’t have to leave the entire amount of the cruise with Carnival to get the $600 OBC, just $500.  In my case, $200 was paid with a gift card, so I will let them hold $300 paid with a credit card and the $200 gift card, and receive a refund on the remainder.   I wasn’t going to benefit from the $200 gift card at this time anyway, so I don’t mind tying up $300 to get the $600 OBC.  

If I understand your question correctly, if you rebook now with the Early Saver rate and with the cancellation OBC, you can also take advantage of future price drops, OBC in a special new rate code you price match to, stockholder, OBC, etc.

What you can't do is carry forward the cancellation OBC if the newly rebooked replacement cruise is subsequently cancelled.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 1

Do you want to risk this thing lasting so long that the cruise lines have to seek bankruptcy protection and your future cruise credit being worth nothing? I would take the refund and just wait to rebook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Do you want to risk this thing lasting so long that the cruise lines have to seek bankruptcy protection and your future cruise credit being worth nothing? I would take the refund and just wait to rebook.

I see the advantage to taking that route in some cases.  However I paid with Carnival gift cards.  They would probably also be wiped out in a reorganization.

By rebooking early I would be more likely to get the cabin location I want, and be able to take advantage of any future price drops.

Prices I was watching jumped $50 to $60 from last week but maybe it's because new $50 obc promo, but every price for fall 2021 up to pre covid prices. I'm not sure worth it either at those prices.

I have b2b on rcl next feb so cant do earlier or too close together. It may get cancelled too for all I know.

Last time we transferred all to new cruise, including taxes and port fees. You didnt mention that, but you can transfer 100% and not wait for refund.