*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

bury me at sea

There goes our Oct B2B on the Magic.

Our vacations are already planned out for next year: 2 week Hawaii cruise on the Miracle, and then 2 weeks in Cabo San Lucas at our timeshare in Oct/Nov 2021 celebrating our best friends "Medicare Qualification Event".

So we will be taking our $1200 in cabin credit (7 day + 7day) and using it in 2022. Guess we have until Apr 2023 to use it. Lemonade from lemons.

• Like 1

I just saw the announcement on FB.

Not surprised, except that it only went through 31 Oct.  I half expected it to go through end of Nov or even all of 2020.

We are booked on Breeze (was Radiance) for early Dec, with final payment due about a month from now.  We've paid only the deposit so far.

I am strongly considering just cancelling, or maybe moving the booking to sometime in late 2021 or even into 2022, so I don't have to pay up a couple thousand bucks for a cruise that will likely get cancelled anyway.

Grrr.

• Thanks 1

I received my email canceling my October 25th cruise.  My final payment was going to be due next Tuesday, so at least I did not have to pay that.   When they cancelled my May 9th Cruise, I never got an email.  Sorry to all who got cancelled.  My next possible, maybe cruise is in May 2021.

Happy that my October 19th Girls Cruise is cancelled before our final payment was due (August 20th since it was a short 4 day cruise). We were going to rebook to next year anyway...but now we at least get the incentive! Just waiting for the 2021 Sunrise schedules to be posted so we can make our decision. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Just got an e-mail from Carnival.  Cruises cancelled through October 31.  

Thanks for sharing.  It reminded me to check my e-mail box and sure enough, it was there.

The letter looks standard.  I wish I could share it here; perhaps someone else will.  

The refund options are the same as I've seen for others:

1) 100% refund, or

2) 100% FCC plus $300 or $600 OBC

I have to book by 5/31/21 for a cruise that departs by 4/30/23.

I don't need the $250 deposit, so I'll likely take the FCC + OBC option.  I assume Carnival will make it to '21 and will be sailing by 2023.

For the first time in a very long time, I don't have any cruises booked.  It feels very weird.

• Like 1

America continues to fail at controlling the virus. Don't blame Carnival. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Too many people are betting on a miracle vaccine that will never be 100% effective or mandatory and not doing what needed to be done yesterday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

America continues to fail at controlling the virus. Don't blame Carnival. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Too many people are betting on a miracle vaccine that will never be 100% effective or mandatory and not doing what needed to be done yesterday.

Sweden. That is all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

oh no! I want it cancelled. Thanks for the info.

The wording is such that Oct 31 sailings are included in the "Pause".  You'll get cancelled.  There are no sailings available on the Carnival website in Oct, including any that would have sailed on the 31st.

• Like 4