Final Payment Now Due

SeaSharp

On 8/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, hvbaskey said:

Agreed.   Also - Princess has cancelled cruises up to Dec 15th (I believe), Holland America just announced similar and Viking outright cancelled all 2020 cruises.   I applaud them for their transparency and not taking more $ in the forms of Final Payment and locking up consumer dollars.

I applaud them as well!  Celebrity is not being as transparent.  Given this scenario, I doubt I will sail Celebrity again.  Also, Celebrity said earlier this year if the rate goes down, you can get reduced fare.  My fare went up $5,000 for two in the sky suite.  So much for fares going down!

3 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I applaud them as well!  Celebrity is not being as transparent.  Given this scenario, I doubt I will sail Celebrity again.  Also, Celebrity said earlier this year if the rate goes down, you can get reduced fare.  My fare went up $5,000 for two in the sky suite.  So much for fares going down!

You can always get a price reduction before final payment is due.....After that no...why would you assume you could?

If your price went up then consider you got a good deal booking when you did.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

You can always get a price reduction before final payment is due.....After that no...why would you assume you could?

If your price went up then consider you got a good deal booking when you did.

Maybe some of us don't know all the rules..  Thanks for explaining them.

Agree with all.    I have no belief the November / December cruises will happen.   My main reason for paying the remainder was to protect about $5,000 in non-refundable air fare.    

Good news is yesterday I received an e-mail from Singapore Air of a waiver of penalties on all flights booked through November 2020 that were booked before March 15.   

On 8/14/2020 at 5:24 PM, coaster said:

Did you book through a TA or direct with Celebrity. I got a reminder for our mid-November cruise on Constellation a few days ago,  but booked direct. Just did a lift and ship for Reflection as I am not comfortable laying out more money for a cruise that may or may not happen. 

How were you able to do a L and S form a M class to a S class.   I was told it had to be the same class and same amount of day? 

I did the same thing.   I am still waiting for the rest of my refund for a cruise that I was on and got canceled midway. 

I am not willing to lay out more money for a cruise at the end of Nov that will peobalby be cancelled.   The 125% credit towards another cruise don’t amount to enough to be able to book the same category for another cruise 

I did a L and S to a cruise that cost more for 1 than the total for both of us from the one that I moved.   The 125% wouldn’t cover the cost of one of us.

i don’t want to be the first to sail under all the restrictions that may apply.  I don’t think it will be very enjoyable.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

9 hours ago, miched said:

How were you able to do a L and S form a M class to a S class.   I was told it had to be the same class and same amount of day? 

L&S between "M" and "S" class is allowed.   You just can't L&S from M or S to E class.  In the FAQ's it's stated as an exception to the must be the same series rule.  But they have gotten very strict about same number of days.

12 hours ago, miched said:

I did the same thing.   I am still waiting for the rest of my refund for a cruise that I was on and got canceled midway. 

I am not willing to lay out more money for a cruise at the end of Nov that will peobalby be cancelled.   The 125% credit towards another cruise don’t amount to enough to be able to book the same category for another cruise 

I did a L and S to a cruise that cost more for 1 than the total for both of us from the one that I moved.   The 125% wouldn’t cover the cost of one of us.

i don’t want to be the first to sail under all the restrictions that may apply.  I don’t think it will be very enjoyable.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I had a really good deal on a 7 plus day Caribbean cruise.  I only have one L&S option.  Other Carib cruises are more expensive.

There was a factor also with our original booking on Connie. We were booked for a 7 nighter for November this year. There are no 7 night cruises in 2021 out of Tampa scheduled for her.  All longer cruises except a 5 nighter.  Relection was offered out of Ft Lauderdale for L&S  because of this. Did a L&S a week ago online to Reflection, but still no confirmation it went through. Email said it would only take 72 hours to L&S. Would loved to sailed out of Tampa on a longer sailing and paid the difference, but was not an option.

Edited by coaster

On 8/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, Jim_Iain said:

...I have no belief the November / December cruises will happen.   My main reason for paying the remainder was to protect about $5,000 in non-refundable air fare...

Pulled the plug on November and December cruises as final payment was due. Deposit refunded. Booked non refundable airfare through Choice Air...but...as Choice Air had not yet issued the air ticket, air fare was also refunded. Happy with how the shore-side Celebrity team has handled all of our bookings, cancellations and refunds. Thanks Celebrity for the way you have treated us during this pandemic.

Edited by Crown Vic

On 8/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, coaster said:

There was a factor also with our original booking on Connie. We were booked for a 7 nighter for November this year. There are no 7 night cruises in 2021 out of Tampa scheduled for her.  All longer cruises except a 5 nighter.  Relection was offered out of Ft Lauderdale for L&S  because of this. Did a L&S a week ago online to Reflection, but still no confirmation it went through. Email said it would only take 72 hours to L&S. Would loved to sailed out of Tampa on a longer sailing and paid the difference, but was not an option.

We are booked on Connie  for  a January 2021, 10 night cruise out of Tampa with  lovely ports! Doubt it will sail as shorter cruises are now being featured on other ships.

We have a great price on a Sky Suite and hoped to use our  large FCC for final payment.  We have not lifted/ shifted yet..but should get busy...looking into that and what we can use with our FCC.

Going to an  S Class ship sounds good or a refurbed M Class,  although not a fan of Reflection. Have to see what we can do.....have been a bit lazy as nothing is really going forward in the US

I think you will find that if you are on the 10 or 11 night itineraries on Connie which I think you are that the only option to L&S will be to like itinerary on Connie in 2022 as that's all that is doing 10/11 night other than Edge.

You can see what options are available for your particular sailing by entering your booking information here https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&program=liftshift

Thanks for the link...

We booked a short cruise onAPEX..can't remember the date offhand.It could end up being chartered b/c it is short.

Our FCC expires at the end of 2021 as per the paperwork, unless it was extended,  That's the first issue we have to tackle. 

Our main  interest is using the FCC  as well as experiencing APEX..after that we'll just enjoy being snowbirds for awhile..we have earned our wings!