Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

4 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I know nothing about ships architecture.  What about the same length but adding an extra deck for cabins.  Would be 21 instead of 20.  Is that something possible or it would throw out the balance of the ship?  I'm asking the question because 335 additional guests means roughly 160  to 165 additional cabins.  And if you look at deck 12 of the Prima, that deck has about 165 cabins.  Making the ship longer may go against what they said when the announced the prima:  Smaller ship that could go so smaller ports that are unable to accept large ships.  But may be my idea is not feasible due to construction rules

It’s certainly another option. I guessed longer as the Prima is (I believe) shorter than others but as tall so making it longer seems sensible, but I am often wrong.

I presume that initially, there will be short rides around the Fincantieri shipyard. Then, they will sail from Marghera to Southampton where they have a 2 day cruise for European travel agents (it is presumed that this cruise will go from Southampton to Amsterdam).  That should be long enough to call it a sea trials.  During that journey, there will be lots of Ficantieri employees on board to finish what they had not finished yet and to fix what ever will go wrong.  I also presume that the majority of the crew will be onboard for that voyage. Crew needs to be trained on the new ship.  Venice to Southampton must be at least an 8 day journey without stopping anywhere. The ship must arrive Southampton no later than August 12. So I presume that the first sea trial will occur no later than mid July. 

Check out new YouTube offerings regarding Norwegian Prima. 

Danny's video is going to be released this afternoon at 3:00 pm with a live chat option for the premiere showing.  I really enjoy his videos and am looking forward to this one.   Title is

EXCLUSIVE NCL PRIMA SHIPYARD TOUR 4K | Behind the scenes in the Fincantieri Shipyard | Venice, Italy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Check out new YouTube offerings regarding Norwegian Prima. 

Danny's video is going to be released this afternoon at 3:00 pm with a live chat option for the premiere showing.  I really enjoy his videos and am looking forward to this one.   Title is

EXCLUSIVE NCL PRIMA SHIPYARD TOUR 4K | Behind the scenes in the Fincantieri Shipyard | Venice, Italy

Danny's video is out now, 55 minutes ago.  Just about to watch. OK, started.  Taylor is a great AV person.  (forgot the name) LOL

Edited by kessdarln
add
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

I watched the video.

I think that Danny got 1 point wrong.  He said that the indulge food hall is "replacing" the buffet.

In the previous announcement, it was said that there will be a buffet on the pool deck forward

That confused me too, as I've heard the same.  If it is replacing, then really all they are doing is giving each station an identity rather than fumbling around looking for food you want. 

5 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

That confused me too, as I've heard the same.  If it is replacing, then really all they are doing is giving each station an identity rather than fumbling around looking for food you want. 

Yes, there's a buffet. image.thumb.png.3c5cd758b3d82937c978b764ec5a21a1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Why is the dining type set to Specialty for the buffet, I wonder?

For some reason all of the dining options are currently labeled as Specialty on the website, and Complimentary on the app.

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Did we ever determine if the bed in balcony cabins is located near the balcony doors, or the bathroom, or alternating?   I can not keep up 🙂

It's in the closet now. That gives the cabin a clean minimalist-modern look.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Did we ever determine if the bed in balcony cabins is located near the balcony doors, or the bathroom, or alternating?   I can not keep up 🙂

Photos and videos that I have seen from the recent tour are a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

• Like 2