Concierge lounge Access

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course. We took several cruises on both of these ships on the past few  years. Majesty did have some type of C&A event, but nothing on Empress. We didn’t miss the lounge on any of the cruises. 
m

I spent 8 days on Empress last year and never missed the lounge. I did miss the coffee, so 1 free cup would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

On other ships the D lounge is indeed superior to what was the CL.  

Let me tell you, the new SL's that replaced the old CL's are awesome. 

I guess Royal knows how to accomodate their most loyal customers

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Celebrity is pretty much the same with regard to taking care of their Suite pax.  They cater to them, but the suite pax  pay for it, big time.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, I remember that.  They took away access to the Concierge Lounge and gave us a cup of coffee!

We're not coffee drinkers and they wouldn't even let us substitute hot chocolate instead :classic_angry:

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

We're not coffee drinkers and they wouldn't even let us substitute hot chocolate instead :classic_angry:

There is free hot chocolate at the  coffee   station, WJ  and the dining room. Why would you need a coffee voucher substitute?   Is there some special hot chocolate?  Serious question.  
thanks 

m

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course. We took several cruises on both of these ships on the past few  years. Majesty did have some type of C&A event, but nothing on Empress. We didn’t miss the lounge on any of the cruises. 
m

Correct!  Nothing on Empress except for the first night.  Majesty had a nightly gathering in the Viking Crown Lounge.  When John Denton was Hotel Manager, he took good care of those who were D+

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Their most loyal customers, are the D. D+ and P cruisers/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed Anthem December 1st to December 8th.  D+ were allowed in the CL for our sailing.  Starting the December 8th sailing of Anthem, CL was Suites and Pinnacles only.

Were you on the Dec 8 cruise?  (I was not).  There is no mention of this on their Roll Call.

My understanding is that it began in January.  (when I WAS on board).

And yes, there was ugliness in the CL when some D+ were told that they were ineligible to be there.  Ricardo tried to calm them down, but they were on fire.  (Yes, I saw it).

Ricardo's comment on this topic:  It's a done deal, and we're just waiting for the new sign to arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Technically platinum and above are the most loyal. 

They say it at every top tier event...  "Welcome back to our most loyal customers". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There is free hot chocolate at the  coffee   station, WJ  and the dining room. Why would you need a coffee voucher substitute?   Is there some special hot chocolate?  Serious question.  
thanks 

m

YUCK !!! I hate the dark chocolate powder packets. It's the real stuff you can get at different coffee locations like Cafe Latte-Tudes for a price. The hot chocolate there was even cheaper than the specialty coffee you had a voucher for. We weren't the only ones onboard for that specific cruise where the vouchers were given that wanted this substitution according to the concierge. He had several conversations with the food/beverage manager when so many were asking about this....but he said they would not budge on this request. We and other's thought this was a petty decision.

I guess if you're a coffee drinker you might not understand :classic_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Technically platinum and above are the most loyal. 

They say it at every top tier event...  "Welcome back to our most loyal customers". 

Well they might as well say "Gold and above" :classic_rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Were you on the Dec 8 cruise?  (I was not).  There is no mention of this on their Roll Call.

My understanding is that it began in January.  (when I WAS on board).

And yes, there was ugliness in the CL when some D+ were told that they were ineligible to be there.  Ricardo tried to calm them down, but they were on fire.  (Yes, I saw it).

Ricardo's comment on this topic:  It's a done deal, and we're just waiting for the new sign to arrive.

Was hoping you would see this as I know you were on board with me. Thanks for backing me up. -- Sophie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

YUCK !!! I hate the dark chocolate powder packets. It's the real stuff you can get at different coffee locations like Cafe Latte-Tudes for a price. The hot chocolate there was even cheaper than the specialty coffee you had a voucher for. We weren't the only ones onboard for that specific cruise where the vouchers were given that wanted this substitution according to the concierge. He had several conversations with the food/beverage manager when so many were asking about this....but he said they would not budge on this request. We and other's thought this was a petty decision.

I guess if you're a coffee drinker you might not understand :classic_wink:

Thank you. I didn’t realize there was a specialty hot chocolate.   So, I’m guessing there is no special hot chocolate from the lounge so the issue is with the free voucher.  Seems RCCL might receive fewer complaints if they didn’t offer the free voucher at all.  

I am a decaf coffee drinker and do understand as a few times the lounge machines do not have decaf. Of course often there is no coffee voucher so I have to pay for a decaf speciality coffee. Actually I don’t care for the strong coffee they provide at the coffee stations and at meals so after one cup of paid specialty coffee I switch to decaf hot tea.   

m

On 8/17/2020 at 10:41 PM, Biker19 said:

It is not yet clear whether the space will be a CL or SL after her recently completed dry dock.

The location is poor.  I think the suite lounge will remain on deck 17 with the Costal Kitchen.  The room talked about is interior, no view- small.  Used to be the location of a card/library on older ships.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The location is poor.  I think the suite lounge will remain on deck 17 with the Costal Kitchen.  The room talked about is interior, no view- small.  Used to be the location of a card/library on older ships.  

We are talking about Anthem, whose CL/SL is on deck 12 and is a great space, if you don't mind the long walk aft.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This explains a lot. 😇

M8

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Was it a “peaceful protest”?😇

M8

Looks like one of "The Few" feels like making some noise today. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You left off “proud”. 

M8

I was thinking "envious" is a better word but I didn't want to write anything to provocative that would get the thread locked down. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

I was referring to Pins. Three levels can't all be 'most', only the highest level can be most loyal

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was referring to Pins. Three levels can't all be 'most', only the highest level can be most loyal

Why not?

Maybe its  three levels of "Most", ^Moster" and *Mostest" loyalty.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why not?

Maybe its  three levels of "Most", ^Moster" and *Mostest" loyalty.  Lol. 

In your experience, do the D+ with an attitude change when they reach P or maybe they know they will never reach P and that’s the reason for the attitude. 😇

Asking for a friend

M8