The Daily for Wednesday Aug 26, 2020

richwmn

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

What a wonderful story of your puppies.  To me they are always puppies.

Miko is still a puppy even at 2.  So excited so easily.

And Marley still cries like a puppy when he is excited - when he hears the word “play” , “walk” or his favourite person comes over.  

They are both still puppies at heart.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

F2824481-C3B6-406B-8D5C-2E648E8DFAD0.thumb.jpeg.ab353ef1620737f0a7a6edff4369408d.jpeg

My bad - I didn’t realize he would grow into this.

83FBFFDD-74E8-4F63-8EC3-7417DC63F250.thumb.jpeg.7595ea2ad16fd128c97e4b2840ecfcdf.jpeg

My name on the cc boards - Kazu - he was such a great dog and helped raise the SPCA a lot of money going everywhere and being so very good.  Want to pat him or give him a cookie?  Give us a donation and you can and I will release him - LOL.

F2AA4CA3-7E2B-410E-80BA-4DAFCE53071E.thumb.jpeg.e6611b8f3cd19c29a36e752e51158492.jpeg

My rescue Fox who was so mistreated she was scared of everything.  It took a lot of time and trust to bring her around but you would have never known she was the same dog later.

BC3FD2D4-4FFA-4FEE-94ED-A72B60085B34.thumb.jpeg.8f45969cc5172f792dd82e7438feffbf.jpeg

Sadly, they are all over the rainbow bridge.

Marley arrived when we still had Fox and Kazu.  Kazu was getting too old to play and when Maverick passed she didn’t have a buddy.  So, after a couple of years when grieving had passed we got Marley.  Marley and Fox were best buds and although she was tiny compared to him (35 pounds versus 125), they would lay down and play.  When Fox died of a heart attack at 3:30 in the morning (yes, I am a light sleeper and knew something was up and tore). She died in my arms.  

Marley is a typical Bernese Mountain dog with the paw up and loving you.

4DA4E30C-22A2-413A-B4D7-EA7C10FC6634.jpeg.5f05cf6b52c74bba1debd973422c2e1d.jpeg

He’s a winter dog for sure but he loves to be out with me when I am working in the summer.

19EFE5E1-8672-4DD2-B0AB-66BF2990671E.jpeg.be2c88bd7f3e5eac05b33ab3a9f07a03.jpeg

Marley was in serious grief.  He had never been without a pack.  Beyond grief.  Eat?  Ok if you insist.  Walk?  Well, I guess so. If you insist.  I asked my vet as I have never brought in a dog early.  We always waited a couple of years.  She said “you know your dog but if you want a puppy I know a great litter with the best temperament ever”.  

So we went to see the litter and I explained to the owner that if the puppy stressed Marley more than helped, I would want to return it.  I assured her I would be working at it.  She agreed.  She showed me the two available but this little one kept coming to see me.  She was shocked as he was shy with people and she was going to keep him.

He kept being put back and he kept coming.  She laughed and said I guess he’s adopted you.  and, Miko came home.

F8FCBD98-B794-41FE-A962-9AD65353FCEC.thumb.jpeg.ef62ec3a4fb6439a512b5cd1af9edaf1.jpeg

Best buddies

343359E8-2DD6-4A8F-9856-509842CF97A7.thumb.jpeg.acb72c61c807503a44184e762862c14e.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on the Care list.  And we join in celebrating all in the list.

Still catching up.

Jacqui, thank you for sharing your memories. Hugs.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Linda does this taste peanut buttery?  Very interesting brew.

Yes. A lot like a peanut butter cup. It’s so different that you would not want one every day but I keep one or two in the fridge to celebrate now and then.  Local Oregon beer made in Redmond. 

ADB5FFD5-D778-4679-8BE6-28B387AAAA55.jpeg

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lindaler said:

Yes. A lot like a peanut butter cup. It’s so different that you would not want one every day but I keep one or two in the fridge to celebrate now and then. 

Thank you. I wonder if any of my local places carry it? Sounds a bit richer than I am used to, but might be fun to try. 

Great to have Rich and Roy making these "daily" threads so positive, very well done to you both .  We are privileged to have spent time with the two of you.

Rich, thanks for including a Central Otago Pinot Noir,  the area produces very good PN wine. 

Thanks to all for sharing their photos.

Another wet cold day here.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 4

Here’s my toast to National Rich and Roy Day!!  Sounds like you should have a radio show!  

I tried to edit the picture so the writing on the glass shows but it has worn too much over repeated use. It says “Inauguration”, and then French words that I don’t know, Pavilion d’accueil and Saguenay. Saguenay was the port and the pier was celebrating the first cruise ship to use the pier. Wine was flowing and they were handing out the wine in these glasses. Of course I had to take them home!  We were on the Maasdam 10 day out of New York August 2009. Wonderful cruise, wonderful memories. 

AC2A5B6F-7F88-4BF4-B801-1A10B90821A4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our daily smiles 🙂 

I am late today as we had our first little get together since covid with people in our bubble.

I had everything prepped to be as safe as possible and, of course we were outside.

Sorry, but I had to pass on the meal suggestions since we had things like cheese, salmon pate, caviar and sturgeon pate, olives (of course), chicken wings, scallops, shrimp, tenderloin (cold) with red pepper sauce, pasta salad, salad, and New York cheese cake topped with my blueberry/raspberry lime stuff.

And WINE 🙂. Of course.

International dog day!  Awesome.  Without knowing it we celebrated by giving the dogs two Dino bones to keep them occupied for a bit while the company arrived and got seated.  These things are huge but Marley just picked his up and carried it where he wanted.  LOL.

So, in honour of the day:

Our first dog, Maverick (and my avatar).  A rescue but I discovered later though my SPCA inspector that he was a purebred that they seized from a bad breeder.  Only he and his sister survived.

F2824481-C3B6-406B-8D5C-2E648E8DFAD0.thumb.jpeg.ab353ef1620737f0a7a6edff4369408d.jpeg

My bad - I didn’t realize he would grow into this.

83FBFFDD-74E8-4F63-8EC3-7417DC63F250.thumb.jpeg.7595ea2ad16fd128c97e4b2840ecfcdf.jpeg

My name on the cc boards - Kazu - he was such a great dog and helped raise the SPCA a lot of money going everywhere and being so very good.  Want to pat him or give him a cookie?  Give us a donation and you can and I will release him - LOL.

F2AA4CA3-7E2B-410E-80BA-4DAFCE53071E.thumb.jpeg.e6611b8f3cd19c29a36e752e51158492.jpeg

My rescue Fox who was so mistreated she was scared of everything.  It took a lot of time and trust to bring her around but you would have never known she was the same dog later.

BC3FD2D4-4FFA-4FEE-94ED-A72B60085B34.thumb.jpeg.8f45969cc5172f792dd82e7438feffbf.jpeg

Sadly, they are all over the rainbow bridge.

Marley arrived when we still had Fox and Kazu.  Kazu was getting too old to play and when Maverick passed she didn’t have a buddy.  So, after a couple of years when grieving had passed we got Marley.  Marley and Fox were best buds and although she was tiny compared to him (35 pounds versus 125), they would lay down and play.  When Fox died of a heart attack at 3:30 in the morning (yes, I am a light sleeper and knew something was up and tore). She died in my arms.  

Marley is a typical Bernese Mountain dog with the paw up and loving you.

4DA4E30C-22A2-413A-B4D7-EA7C10FC6634.jpeg.5f05cf6b52c74bba1debd973422c2e1d.jpeg

He’s a winter dog for sure but he loves to be out with me when I am working in the summer.

19EFE5E1-8672-4DD2-B0AB-66BF2990671E.jpeg.be2c88bd7f3e5eac05b33ab3a9f07a03.jpeg

Marley was in serious grief.  He had never been without a pack.  Beyond grief.  Eat?  Ok if you insist.  Walk?  Well, I guess so. If you insist.  I asked my vet as I have never brought in a dog early.  We always waited a couple of years.  She said “you know your dog but if you want a puppy I know a great litter with the best temperament ever”.  

So we went to see the litter and I explained to the owner that if the puppy stressed Marley more than helped, I would want to return it.  I assured her I would be working at it.  She agreed.  She showed me the two available but this little one kept coming to see me.  She was shocked as he was shy with people and she was going to keep him.

He kept being put back and he kept coming.  She laughed and said I guess he’s adopted you.  and, Miko came home.

F8FCBD98-B794-41FE-A962-9AD65353FCEC.thumb.jpeg.ef62ec3a4fb6439a512b5cd1af9edaf1.jpeg

Best buddies

343359E8-2DD6-4A8F-9856-509842CF97A7.thumb.jpeg.acb72c61c807503a44184e762862c14e.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on the Care list.  And we join in celebrating all in the list.

Still catching up.

🌺Oh Jacqui I love your story with tears as well as with joy! Precious memories and wonderful present ones! Thank you so much for your story and your lineage of those beautiful fur babies!!
Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 5

Good evening, and thanks for the Daily!  Oh my gosh, I've NEVER been this late before! What a day it's been, getting groceries, playing on the lawn, making lunch, going for walks, making fake snow, putting together a family barbecue (only 9 of us in total including the 2 little ones), playing hide and seek, and now it's getting dark and it's 8:39PM.

Although I'm a cat person, I love seeing photos of family pets - it's nice to see so many creatures being loved and cared for.  After reading the posts, I've practically forgotten what the suggested dinner for tonight was, but ours consisted of grilled hamburgers, dilled potatoes, Killer Coleslaw, corn on the cob, and by special request, tomato pies (yes, I made 2 of them to be sure we had leftovers).  And wine.   Now it's time to put my feet up, as the baby is asleep, and the 5 year old is laying on his bed watching his tablet for another 15 minutes before going to sleep.  Days like this remind me why parenthood is mainly for the young!  LOL

Prayers for everyone who needs them - especially those in the path of Hurricane Laura - and even for those who don't think they do.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Oh Jacqui I love your story with tears as well as with joy! Precious memories and wonderful present ones! Thank you so much for your story and your lineage of those beautiful fur babies!!
Thank you

Denise😊

Yes, indeed, we are Sisters. I could not see to type any more words on my post. 

• Like 3