The Daily for Wednesday Aug 26, 2020

richwmn

Gulf Bridge is currently passing Key West and is due in Miami 6AM tomorrow.  They don't usually show cargo ships but just in case here's the Miami Webcam:

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Fortunately, it's still active.  Due to Covid travel restrictions, most of the cameras that malfunction are not being repaired.

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

30+ Wine Jokes And Puns That Will Give You A Riesling To Be Happy

Happily it was an easy, no cost fix. But still not fun. Ok I am off to make my tropical fruit vodka smoothie, since the onshore breezes are cooperating tonight!

BTW, Joy- I wonder where I can buy a set of these glasses?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Happily it was an easy, no cost fix. But still not fun. Ok I am off to make my tropical fruit vodka smoothie, since the onshore breezes are cooperating tonight!

BTW, Joy- I wonder where I can buy a set of these glasses?

LOL! Glad you didn't have a huge problem with your AC. Cheers Ann!

• Like 1

Cheers to Rich & Roy!

Rich - Thank you for giving us this haven to allow us to escape the craziness of 2020!

Roy - Thank you for adding such a personal touch!

I appreciate the time and effort you each put into making this such a special place!

141B8050-DFEE-44F6-8C02-4EF96051D26A.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AliceS said:

You should see my beautiful grand dogs....not good at posting photos.

My World Cruise was cancelled today... I cancelled before giving $5000 more to Princess.  Oh well?

will I be on Holland on 2/7 or 2/17/21?  What are my odds?

Dinner .... salad...all fresh local and amazing!    And..... Sloppy Joes!

wine...Simi Chardonnay....as usual.  Boring?  Sorry

Not boring at all. Enjoy!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening all.   Tonight's sunset comes from Lake Michigan again.   Perhaps tomorrow I can give you  a "live" sunset picture.  

2011-08-12 20.48.50.jpg

This gull was ready for its photo shoot! Great capture!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich and Roy!  Pat is off his morphine today and so we will definitely be toasting Rich and Roy this evening.  I think Pat is on the road to recovery.  😁  The next step will be to find him a chair he can sit in comfortably.  

So happy to hear the news on Pat.

Thank heavens he is off the morphine - his pain must have been awful 😞 

So glad he is on the road to recovery.  Please send him all our good thoughts. ❤️

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our daily smiles 🙂 

I am late today as we had our first little get together since covid with people in our bubble.

I had everything prepped to be as safe as possible and, of course we were outside.

Sorry, but I had to pass on the meal suggestions since we had things like cheese, salmon pate, caviar and sturgeon pate, olives (of course), chicken wings, scallops, shrimp, tenderloin (cold) with red pepper sauce, pasta salad, salad, and New York cheese cake topped with my blueberry/raspberry lime stuff.

And WINE 🙂. Of course.

International dog day!  Awesome.  Without knowing it we celebrated by giving the dogs two Dino bones to keep them occupied for a bit while the company arrived and got seated.  These things are huge but Marley just picked his up and carried it where he wanted.  LOL.

So, in honour of the day:

Our first dog, Maverick (and my avatar).  A rescue but I discovered later though my SPCA inspector that he was a purebred that they seized from a bad breeder.  Only he and his sister survived.

F2824481-C3B6-406B-8D5C-2E648E8DFAD0.thumb.jpeg.ab353ef1620737f0a7a6edff4369408d.jpeg

My bad - I didn’t realize he would grow into this.

83FBFFDD-74E8-4F63-8EC3-7417DC63F250.thumb.jpeg.7595ea2ad16fd128c97e4b2840ecfcdf.jpeg

My name on the cc boards - Kazu - he was such a great dog and helped raise the SPCA a lot of money going everywhere and being so very good.  Want to pat him or give him a cookie?  Give us a donation and you can and I will release him - LOL.

F2AA4CA3-7E2B-410E-80BA-4DAFCE53071E.thumb.jpeg.e6611b8f3cd19c29a36e752e51158492.jpeg

My rescue Fox who was so mistreated she was scared of everything.  It took a lot of time and trust to bring her around but you would have never known she was the same dog later.

BC3FD2D4-4FFA-4FEE-94ED-A72B60085B34.thumb.jpeg.8f45969cc5172f792dd82e7438feffbf.jpeg

Sadly, they are all over the rainbow bridge.

Marley arrived when we still had Fox and Kazu.  Kazu was getting too old to play and when Maverick passed she didn’t have a buddy.  So, after a couple of years when grieving had passed we got Marley.  Marley and Fox were best buds and although she was tiny compared to him (35 pounds versus 125), they would lay down and play.  When Fox died of a heart attack at 3:30 in the morning (yes, I am a light sleeper and knew something was up and tore). She died in my arms.  

Marley is a typical Bernese Mountain dog with the paw up and loving you.

4DA4E30C-22A2-413A-B4D7-EA7C10FC6634.jpeg.5f05cf6b52c74bba1debd973422c2e1d.jpeg

He’s a winter dog for sure but he loves to be out with me when I am working in the summer.

19EFE5E1-8672-4DD2-B0AB-66BF2990671E.jpeg.be2c88bd7f3e5eac05b33ab3a9f07a03.jpeg

Marley was in serious grief.  He had never been without a pack.  Beyond grief.  Eat?  Ok if you insist.  Walk?  Well, I guess so. If you insist.  I asked my vet as I have never brought in a dog early.  We always waited a couple of years.  She said “you know your dog but if you want a puppy I know a great litter with the best temperament ever”.  

So we went to see the litter and I explained to the owner that if the puppy stressed Marley more than helped, I would want to return it.  I assured her I would be working at it.  She agreed.  She showed me the two available but this little one kept coming to see me.  She was shocked as he was shy with people and she was going to keep him.

He kept being put back and he kept coming.  She laughed and said I guess he’s adopted you.  and, Miko came home.

F8FCBD98-B794-41FE-A962-9AD65353FCEC.thumb.jpeg.ef62ec3a4fb6439a512b5cd1af9edaf1.jpeg

Best buddies

343359E8-2DD6-4A8F-9856-509842CF97A7.thumb.jpeg.acb72c61c807503a44184e762862c14e.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on the Care list.  And we join in celebrating all in the list.

Still catching up.

• Like 12

Celebrating Rich and Roy Day.  You both do such a great job in Keeping this great community together.  I love the sunrises, sunsets, flowers, and now some special ship’s life photos.  Thanks for making each day so special.

We had a good air today, as winds are blowing smoke away!  The estimate is our fires won’t be out till snow fall in September or later depending on when our winter arrives!

Wishing all a great day and evening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our daily smiles 🙂 

I am late today as we had our first little get together since covid with people in our bubble.

I had everything prepped to be as safe as possible and, of course we were outside.

Sorry, but I had to pass on the meal suggestions since we had things like cheese, salmon pate, caviar and sturgeon pate, olives (of course), chicken wings, scallops, shrimp, tenderloin (cold) with red pepper sauce, pasta salad, salad, and New York cheese cake topped with my blueberry/raspberry lime stuff.

And WINE 🙂. Of course.

International dog day!  Awesome.  Without knowing it we celebrated by giving the dogs two Dino bones to keep them occupied for a bit while the company arrived and got seated.  These things are huge but Marley just picked his up and carried it where he wanted.  LOL.

So, in honour of the day:

Our first dog, Maverick (and my avatar).  A rescue but I discovered later though my SPCA inspector that he was a purebred that they seized from a bad breeder.  Only he and his sister survived.

F2824481-C3B6-406B-8D5C-2E648E8DFAD0.thumb.jpeg.ab353ef1620737f0a7a6edff4369408d.jpeg

My bad - I didn’t realize he would grow into this.

83FBFFDD-74E8-4F63-8EC3-7417DC63F250.thumb.jpeg.7595ea2ad16fd128c97e4b2840ecfcdf.jpeg

My name on the cc boards - Kazu - he was such a great dog and helped raise the SPCA a lot of money going everywhere and being so very good.  Want to pat him or give him a cookie?  Give us a donation and you can and I will release him - LOL.

F2AA4CA3-7E2B-410E-80BA-4DAFCE53071E.thumb.jpeg.e6611b8f3cd19c29a36e752e51158492.jpeg

My rescue Fox who was so mistreated she was scared of everything.  It took a lot of time and trust to bring her around but you would have never known she was the same dog later.

BC3FD2D4-4FFA-4FEE-94ED-A72B60085B34.thumb.jpeg.8f45969cc5172f792dd82e7438feffbf.jpeg

Sadly, they are all over the rainbow bridge.

Marley arrived when we still had Fox and Kazu.  Kazu was getting too old to play and when Maverick passed she didn’t have a buddy.  So, after a couple of years when grieving had passed we got Marley.  Marley and Fox were best buds and although she was tiny compared to him (35 pounds versus 125), they would lay down and play.  When Fox died of a heart attack at 3:30 in the morning (yes, I am a light sleeper and knew something was up and tore). She died in my arms.  

Marley is a typical Bernese Mountain dog with the paw up and loving you.

4DA4E30C-22A2-413A-B4D7-EA7C10FC6634.jpeg.5f05cf6b52c74bba1debd973422c2e1d.jpeg

He’s a winter dog for sure but he loves to be out with me when I am working in the summer.

19EFE5E1-8672-4DD2-B0AB-66BF2990671E.jpeg.be2c88bd7f3e5eac05b33ab3a9f07a03.jpeg

Marley was in serious grief.  He had never been without a pack.  Beyond grief.  Eat?  Ok if you insist.  Walk?  Well, I guess so. If you insist.  I asked my vet as I have never brought in a dog early.  We always waited a couple of years.  She said “you know your dog but if you want a puppy I know a great litter with the best temperament ever”.  

So we went to see the litter and I explained to the owner that if the puppy stressed Marley more than helped, I would want to return it.  I assured her I would be working at it.  She agreed.  She showed me the two available but this little one kept coming to see me.  She was shocked as he was shy with people and she was going to keep him.

He kept being put back and he kept coming.  She laughed and said I guess he’s adopted you.  and, Miko came home.

F8FCBD98-B794-41FE-A962-9AD65353FCEC.thumb.jpeg.ef62ec3a4fb6439a512b5cd1af9edaf1.jpeg

Best buddies

343359E8-2DD6-4A8F-9856-509842CF97A7.thumb.jpeg.acb72c61c807503a44184e762862c14e.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on the Care list.  And we join in celebrating all in the list.

Still catching up.

What a wonderful story of your puppies.  To me they are always puppies.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich and Roy!  Pat is off his morphine today and so we will definitely be toasting Rich and Roy this evening.  I think Pat is on the road to recovery.  😁  The next step will be to find him a chair he can sit in comfortably.  

I am also missing cruising terribly.  I have a lot of photos (30,000 +)  on my computer, which I am presently going through and weeding out duplicates, etc., and so re-living a lot of our old trips and remembering the fun we had.  But it's not the same as being on a ship.  

So happy we have another reason to celebrate! Cheers to you & Pat!🥂

• Like 1