The Daily for Thursday Aug 27, 2020

richwmn

today is Global Forgiveness Day and Just Because Day 

Weinberg's Principle:

An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy.

Meal suggestion for today - Beef and Blue Cheese Penne with Pesto

Wine of the day - Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough vintage 2017

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) is in port at Miami

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/10
Zuiderdam is still listed as being at Port Klang but is sailing with Noordam

At Sea Pacific
Oosterdam has left Punta Arenas and is headed South. Destination as yet unknown

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek
Rotterdam - headed out to sea to join ZDAM / NSDM

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0827World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

I don't know what to make about Just Because Day but we sure need global forgiveness.  I think the quote is a corollary to "I never make little mistakes" and "Think ahead"

Today’s care list:

Family and friends of Summer slope's neighbor

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Mrs Sailingdutchy (Martha)and Mr. Victoriann (Pat) dealing with back issues

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Teachers and Students

Dr. Fauci for continued recovery

Those waiting for Laura, including Seasick Sailor and traveingbums

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Sad demise of Blount Small Ship Adventures

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome kplady

Contributions of occasional posters like superoma and bobpatj

Sharon's in-laws

Front line health workers

Pat going off his opioids

Belated Happy Anniversary CrabbyPatti

Easy A/C repairs

Parents and grandparents helping kids with school work

Better air quality for Colorado

I am thinking a week is an appropriate morning period for Summer slopes neighbor  Any word on how Martha is doing?

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. 

Thank you Roy for the care and happy list. We have not received a drop of rain. We are too far north and west. Poor folks that are in the path of Laura. Mega prayers for all today.

Good morning sweet sisters Denise and Ann. Wishing you a fabulous day. Love you muchly!

Stay safe. Wear your mask. God bless.

Top 25 forgiveness quotes | Quotes and Humor

Minion Jokes Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter

• Like 11

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Thank you for your ever growing list, Roy! Hope you both enjoyed your special day!

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope our Gulf Coast Dailyites are all ok.  The winds and the storm surge were frightening. Today my gym is bringing back my Pilates class. I am really looking forward to this. Trying to workout on a mat with Bindi, is just too challenging.

Cheers to the Gulf Bridge for getting the Amsterdam travelers’ luggage to Miami safely. If only luggage could talk.

Love to forgive, not always easy, but. And just what we need this year “Just Because”. Sounds perfect. Pass on the meal. I will need to think on the quote.🤔

Prayers to all who need our support & a big Woo Hoo to all we are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This New Zealand wine is highly rated, in fact all vintages from 2016 - 2019 are highly rated. So if you can’t find this very reasonably priced ($16.99) vintage, pick another one! This is going on my list. Love Sauvignon Blanc.

#32 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc displays intense aromas of ripe passionfruit, elderflower, limes and fresh herbs. The palate introduces a delightful lime/citrus based mouth-watering intensity and finishes with a strong textural component. Delicious upon release, this wine will improve for 3-5 years post vintage.

WS92
Wine Spectator

Rich and complex, with honeysuckle and freshly grated ginger notes up front, giving way to juicy and crisp Meyer lemon, yellow apple and Asian pear flavors. Hints of lime zest and dried mango linger. Editors' Choice

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 11

While I have been at sea a lot in late August, I don't have any photos for this date in my travel files.  I took my walk early this morning in my downtown lake area.  I'll start with one of the gardens there while waiting for the sun to appear:dwtngardem.JPG.5b561bf6f600eac877292c62aa222c0b.JPG

and eventually I did see the sun:

IMG_8939.JPG.09ae2ad231a2a426c4f5921721cb020d.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Better photo
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

While I have been at sea a lot in late August, I don't have any photos for this date in my travel files.  I took my walk early this morning in my downtown lake area.  I'll start with one of the gardens there while waiting for the sun to appear:dwtngardem.JPG.5b561bf6f600eac877292c62aa222c0b.JPG

and eventually I did see the sun:

dawn0827.JPG.1c0b32375f593a0ccbfd9362179aa3a5.JPG

Roy

Wow, Roy! Those look like tulips, but it is August, so they can’t be. Any idea what the bright red flowers are?

Great shot of the sun just peeking over the trees!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Wow, Roy! Those look like tulips, but it is August, so they can’t be. Any idea what the bright red flowers are?

I thought tulips as well.

I just heard on the news that Laura may intersect the jet stream which would drive the worst of her winds down to the ground near Nashville.  I hope we don't have any Dailyites there.

Roy

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I thought tulips as well.

I just heard on the news that Laura may intersect the jet stream which would drive the worst of her winds down to the ground near Nashville.  I hope we don't have any Dailyites there.

Roy

Not sure about Dailyites, but I have friends in Cookeville - about 80 miles East of Nashville. 

Perhaps the tulips were grown in a greenhouse, and recently planted. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Based on the leaves, they look like canna lilies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I will need to think on the quote.

Another quote along the same lines -

Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done and why. Then do it!

From Lazarus Long, a character from Robert A. Heinlein. This was in the book "Time Enough For Love"

And another from the same place

Expertise in one field does not carry over into other fields. But experts
often think so. The narrower their field of knowledge the more likely they
are to think so.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Yea , the luggage journey is almost over.

Another hot and humid day., with thunderstorms tonight. 
Roy, I believe @fatcat04 lives in the Nashville area.

Blessings and prayers to all.

Oops, I just checked @fatcat04's profile.  She hasn't posted for almost a month.  Hope it's nothing serious.

Roy

• Like 8

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily.  I do enjoy reading it and all the pictures.  Today I got a FB memory from our 2018 cruise on the Rotterdam.  I traveled with these two fine ladies, dfish and sister Sue.  We had met several years ago on the Veendam and I hope we sail together again.  

14A3E845-E59B-4C5D-B75E-CEB131FD3249.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning all and continued thanks to Rich for being the keeper of this happy place. If only everyone globally would celebrate forgiveness day, what a wonderful world it would be!  DH is making a salmon loaf for dinner, serving it hot today and then leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow.  We sometimes get the tail end of hurricanes in our part of Canada, right now there aren't any predictions.  My thoughts are with all those in the path of Laura, don't fool with Mother Nature.  I am happy for those who have luggage that just arrived in Miami.  I have friends that were on the A so I will be able to hear their stories about  how and when they finally get their belongings back.  To those on the care list, get well soon and for those who are celebrating - good news!  Thanks Roy for keeping the lists.  My best to all.  Some of the ferns in our garden.

EDFCC486-BF94-4DCD-900F-AFAA5502FE56.jpeg

A9CEEF15-B051-4AC5-B95F-B4659FCD5874.jpeg

9155DCFA-721C-415E-A3C8-AE821EAF1E75.jpeg

36233F0B-CCB6-48AA-BB47-4BD477F48C4C.jpeg

4FFCD8F1-F13A-46B0-9FFC-6CAE2F955EB1.jpeg

AFC28F4C-54E9-4C30-87A5-E924728635A8.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning everyone!

Thanks Rich for the locations of all those beautiful HAL ships....looking forward to being on one, hopefully in 2021.

Thanks Roy for the care and celebration lists, and for your beautiful photos.  I have followed along on your blogs from your cruises and always enjoy seeing things from your point of view.

Thanks Copper 10-8 for your behind the scenes photos - so interesting to see!!!

Hope "my" hurricane isn't too damaging to those in its path - and I apologize for them naming it after me!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Laura

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Another quote along the same lines -

From Lazarus Long, a character from Robert A. Heinlein. This was in the book "Time Enough For Love"

And another from the same place

Thanks Rich! I have met many of these “experts”!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Good morning all and continued thanks to Rich for being the keeper of this happy place. If only everyone globally would celebrate forgiveness day, what a wonderful world it would be!  DH is making a salmon loaf for dinner, serving it hot today and then leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow.  We sometimes get the tail end of hurricanes in our part of Canada, right now there aren't any predictions.  My thoughts are with all those in the path of Laura, don't fool with Mother Nature.  I am happy for those who have luggage that just arrived in Miami.  I have friends that were on the A so I will be able to hear their stories about  how and when they finally get their belongings back.  To those on the care list, get well soon and for those who are celebrating - good news!  Thanks Roy for keeping the lists.  My best to all.  Some of the ferns in our garden.

EDFCC486-BF94-4DCD-900F-AFAA5502FE56.jpeg

A9CEEF15-B051-4AC5-B95F-B4659FCD5874.jpeg

9155DCFA-721C-415E-A3C8-AE821EAF1E75.jpeg

36233F0B-CCB6-48AA-BB47-4BD477F48C4C.jpeg

4FFCD8F1-F13A-46B0-9FFC-6CAE2F955EB1.jpeg

AFC28F4C-54E9-4C30-87A5-E924728635A8.jpeg

Everything looks so healthy!

• Like 5