FCC Extended For An Extra Year - Woo Hoo

richstowe

On FB someone posted that their FCC was extended an extra year . I went to my Princess account and lo and behold the changed the expiry date by a full year . Very happy that Princess did the right thing without begging and pleading on my part .😁 

Here is the info I got.

Used For Goodwill Fccs 02/16/20 Sail By 05/01/22 Active

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On FB someone posted that their FCC was extended an extra year . I went to my Princess account and lo and behold the changed the expiry date by a full year . Very happy that Princess did the right thing without begging and pleading on my part .[emoji16] 
Here is the info I got.

I hope Royal Caribbean follows which I suspect they will and kinda have to.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, richstowe said:

On FB someone posted that their FCC was extended an extra year . I went to my Princess account and lo and behold the changed the expiry date by a full year . Very happy that Princess did the right thing without begging and pleading on my part .😁 

Here is the info I got.

Princess definitely needs to set the expiration date of the FCCs to 2-years from the date they finally resume sailing.  I don't follow how you state yours was updated!?  Did Princess set the expiration date(s) based on the amount of FCC we received?  We had a 15 day, April 2020 Hawaii trip cancelled so it was an expensive cruise.  And this is the information in the message I received regarding my option of refund vs. FCC:

496443600_ScreenShot2020-09-03at6_23_15AM.png.631ec576a4df9c7018fe3b2df78962db.png

And our expiration is still May 1, 2022.  I will be contacting Princess to at least plant the seed to update our expiration date(s).

Joe B.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blodg said:

Princess definitely needs to set the expiration date of the FCCs to 2-years from the date they finally resume sailing.

And unless they are absolutely insane, they will extend them, otherwise it would be a public relations nightmare.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, blodg said:

And our expiration is still May 1, 2022.  I will be contacting Princess to at least plant the seed to update our expiration date(s).

May 1, 2022 is the last date that Princess currently has any cruises scheduled.

So the FCCs can be used on any cruise that is currently scheduled.

• Like 1

I think they're praying that sufficient numbers of their past customers will return to cruising as soon as they can.

We'll be waiting to see how future cruises go & when they don't require masks or distancing any longer we'll consider it again.

It certainly doesn't sound like much fun to sit around a pool or show lounge with a mask on. 😷

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I think they're praying that sufficient numbers of their past customers will return to cruising as soon as they can.

We'll be waiting to see how future cruises go & when they don't require masks or distancing any longer we'll consider it again.

It certainly doesn't sound like much fun to sit around a pool or show lounge with a mask on. 😷

especially when it's hawt and humid. How are the folks in Florida doing with masks and humidity?

56 minutes ago, c-boy said:

especially when it's hawt and humid. How are the folks in Florida doing with masks and humidity?

just OK ... but I think the longest I've had to wear one was less than an hour at a time ... but yeah, if you are outside for any period of time, it's gotsta be brutal if you are wearing a cloth mask - maybe the "medical" ones are better ( we got a couple boxes of those also )

I went to check mine and they took about $800 away from my FCC account.  UUUUGGGG

I'm tired of being on the phone with Princess.  They have owed me $150 since March because for some reason they would not release this money.  They don't know why and neither do I but I have been trying to get it for months.  I am not bashing Princess, I know they have a lot going on, but they should never, ever take back FCC without explaining why.  

On 9/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, blodg said:

Princess definitely needs to set the expiration date of the FCCs to 2-years from the date they finally resume sailing.  I don't follow how you state yours was updated!?  Did Princess set the expiration date(s) based on the amount of FCC we received?  We had a 15 day, April 2020 Hawaii trip cancelled so it was an expensive cruise.  And this is the information in the message I received regarding my option of refund vs. FCC:

496443600_ScreenShot2020-09-03at6_23_15AM.png.631ec576a4df9c7018fe3b2df78962db.png

Joe B.

pre-Pause 1 FCC expiration date was sail by 12/31/21 but it was changed to book by 03/31/21. Pause 1 thru 3 is sail by 5/1/22. Pause 3 can be used for deposit but Pause 1 cannot. I have cancelations in all 3. So I had my PVP put my Pre-pause put on my furthest out booking and the other FCCs put on my 2021 bookings. Also the compensation was different for all 4 groups (pre-Pause 1 caused by Covid on Diamond / Grand. Pause 1, Pause 2, Pause 3 caused by CDC restrictions)

Got my last $150 today .... just waiting on a $434.32 deposit stuck in the 5th cancelation (that FCC was refunded in less than a day so now I no there isn't a delay on refunding those). 

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

just OK ... but I think the longest I've had to wear one was less than an hour at a time ... but yeah, if you are outside for any period of time, it's gotsta be brutal if you are wearing a cloth mask - maybe the "medical" ones are better ( we got a couple boxes of those also )

I have to wear one most of the day.  Can take it off in my office but I’m really not in there much.  I like the KN95 best because it has a ‘pocket’ and doesn’t touch your mouth or under your nose.  I ‘feel’ like I can breathe better.  My least favorite are cloth.  

On 9/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, c-boy said:

This Florida folk and her hubby are doing just fine during the Florida summer. We don't wear masks and on the one occasion when a restaurant in a neighboring town told us we had to wear one to enter, we left and found another place to eat that didn't. 

14 hours ago, muffydawg said:

This Florida folk and her hubby are doing just fine during the Florida summer. We don't wear masks and on the one occasion when a restaurant in a neighboring town told us we had to wear one to enter, we left and found another place to eat that didn't. 

Same with us. 

All my shopping is done early in the day where a mask is required & by the time it does get really hot I'm home in the AC of by my pool.

15 hours ago, muffydawg said:

So Florida does not have mandatory mask rule;  or is it county by county requirement?