Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

4 hours ago, Neecy1 said:

Hi all. Has anyone managed to get a refund from Holiday Inn Cruise and Stay. We transferred it from a cancelled April booking to next Feb but that's been cancelled now.  It says non refundable. Just wondered with it being exceptional circumstances. Thanks.

Lost ours.  We had to cancel and no hint of a refund.

Well, I had time to have a closer look.

I think it's mostly a reasonable lot of cancellations, but I don't know why they didn't cancel the whole Caribbean season for Britannia and Azura.  

My Iona cruise now appears to be the maiden, although I have no intention or actually going on the cruise.  I would have prefered the cancellation now, then it could finally disappear from my headspace.  From what Molecochip said, it looks like there may be other announcements coming up regarding Iona, so I'll just have to wait patiently for news in due course.

The 'pause' in cruising is approaching one year, so I think the expectation of cruising going back to 'normal' is now a pipe dream, unfortunately. As this is dragging on, I would definately be taking a refund from this round of cancellations, and not a FCC. We don't know what future cruises are going to be like or even when they can start, so I'd rather have the cash in my pocket and not keep it tied up with P&O. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Well, I had time to have a closer look.

I think it's mostly a reasonable lot of cancellations, but I don't know why they didn't cancel the whole Caribbean season for Britannia and Azura.  

My Iona cruise now appears to be the maiden, although I have no intention or actually going on the cruise.  I would have prefered the cancellation now, then it could finally disappear from my headspace.  From what Molecochip said, it looks like there may be other announcements coming up regarding Iona, so I'll just have to wait patiently for news in due course.

The 'pause' in cruising is approaching one year, so I think the expectation of cruising going back to 'normal' is now a pipe dream, unfortunately. As this is dragging on, I would definately be taking a refund from this round of cancellations, and not a FCC. We don't know what future cruises are going to be like or even when they can start, so I'd rather have the cash in my pocket and not keep it tied up with P&O. 

Of course cruising will go back to normal at some point, as will the rest of life, as we used to know it (but possibly with much better hand hygiene). It's taking much longer than I ever thought it would but we'll get there. I'd rather not think that this is how life will be forever more! 

• Like 5

Hello again everyone, I am back after a very long absence as the last time I posted here my husband and I were aboard Oceana on what sadly turned out to be her final cruise with P&O !!    
The voyage was expected to be to the Canaries from Southampton on 8th March and we managed to visit Vigo just before the Spanish borders and ports were closed.
We were turned away from Malaga and eventually made an unscheduled stop in Gibraltar before sailing back to Southampton.   So looking at it from a positive angle, we at least managed to have a cruise this year albeit an very uncertain one !!    Anyway, I have been following the comments here recently as we are booked onto what now looks like it could well be Iona’s maiden cruise and along with Dermotsgirl my husband and I would just like to know which way this is going to go .... ie ... Will we be going, or will we not??  
We have enjoyed so many lovely cruises and would love to go again but we are in a limbo land (Much like last March !!) and we yet again don’t know what is going to happen.  Like Dermotsgirl we would prefer to know the cruise won’t sail and have our refund returned to us so we will know where we stand.  We can’t look forward to something that may not happen and we don’t want to be on a maiden cruise and certainly not the first cruise post coronavirus.   Perhaps we are destined to be first back on board after previously being last off !! 

I appreciate that others won’t feel the same ... I believe Cruisenewbie will be disappointed if the ship doesn’t sail, but from a personal perspective we would just like to know where we stand with our cruise 🙄🙆‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️!!
And to end on a positive note, yes, I do believe that in a couple of years time we will be cruising again, perhaps not in exactly the same way as before but it will gradually begin to happen and we will all be enjoying our holidays on board cruise ships once more.🤞🤞😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Is it only me that thinks he's really cute? 😍

I suppose he has a bit of the 'puppy-dog' look about him but any warmth that generates disappears as soon as he starts his waffle - and especially when he says 'Janu-ry' 'Febu-ry' and 'itiner-ry'...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Of course cruising will go back to normal at some point, as will the rest of life, as we used to know it (but possibly with much better hand hygiene). It's taking much longer than I ever thought it would but we'll get there. I'd rather not think that this is how life will be forever more! 

I always look for the positives. If I lived my life always looking on the bleak side of things I would be living on tranquillisers by now. For every negative side  you can always find a positive if you look hard enough. You found one in your post with 'hand hygiene'

Avril

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I always look for the positives. If I lived my life always looking on the bleak side of things I would be living on tranquillisers by now. For every negative side  you can always find a positive if you look hard enough. You found one in your post with 'hand hygiene'

Avril

We have missed our cruises and holidays but on the plus side the money saved paid for a new roof on our house.😃💷

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My positive is that it is at least three months until I am asked to pay P&O any more money 💰... I see this as a positive, because I can at least spend the money on what I would have paid on having a better Christmas and New Year 😃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

My positive is that it is at least three months until I am asked to pay P&O any more money 💰... I see this as a positive, because I can at least spend the money on what I would have paid on having a better Christmas and New Year 😃

See, it's easy when you know how👍😉

Avril

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

As Richard E Grant said a couple of days ago “Please can someone explain to me why, when you land in Rome, there is a swift and well organised COVID test, with the result given 30 minutes later, yet we don’t have this in the UK?” until we can get to that level of testing then travelling overseas is going to become a bit of a lottery. 

According to Prof. Sikora (millions of other experts are available, armchair and otherwise) no such reliable test exists.

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

We’re living through the biggest global event of our lifetimes. Events on this scale means change, often rapid change. 

We all hope it will end some point. But in the other side of this, it won’t be quite the same as before. That’s not just cruising I’m talking about, it’s everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestGuessed said:

Hello again everyone, I am back after a very long absence as the last time I posted here my husband and I were aboard Oceana on what sadly turned out to be her final cruise with P&O !!    
The voyage was expected to be to the Canaries from Southampton on 8th March and we managed to visit Vigo just before the Spanish borders and ports were closed.
We were turned away from Malaga and eventually made an unscheduled stop in Gibraltar before sailing back to Southampton.   So looking at it from a positive angle, we at least managed to have a cruise this year albeit an very uncertain one !!    Anyway, I have been following the comments here recently as we are booked onto what now looks like it could well be Iona’s maiden cruise and along with Dermotsgirl my husband and I would just like to know which way this is going to go .... ie ... Will we be going, or will we not??  
We have enjoyed so many lovely cruises and would love to go again but we are in a limbo land (Much like last March !!) and we yet again don’t know what is going to happen.  Like Dermotsgirl we would prefer to know the cruise won’t sail and have our refund returned to us so we will know where we stand.  We can’t look forward to something that may not happen and we don’t want to be on a maiden cruise and certainly not the first cruise post coronavirus.   Perhaps we are destined to be first back on board after previously being last off !! 

I appreciate that others won’t feel the same ... I believe Cruisenewbie will be disappointed if the ship doesn’t sail, but from a personal perspective we would just like to know where we stand with our cruise 🙄🙆‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️!!
And to end on a positive note, yes, I do believe that in a couple of years time we will be cruising again, perhaps not in exactly the same way as before but it will gradually begin to happen and we will all be enjoying our holidays on board cruise ships once more.🤞🤞😁

I know exactly what you mean. Until I know for sure, it’s always in my mind.

I’d like to be able to draw a line in the sand and move on.....to wondering if my October 2021 cruise will sail and whether I will want to go! 

one thing’s for sure, I will be unlikely to book so far in advance in future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I suppose he has a bit of the 'puppy-dog' look about him but any warmth that generates disappears as soon as he starts his waffle - and especially when he says 'Janu-ry' 'Febu-ry' and 'itiner-ry'...

He reminds me of a certain chief executive we had, who used to record ‘inspirational’ videos for the workers. 

That’s why my heart sinks when there’s a new Ludlow offering 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well that’s two more cruises cancelled 😤 it was on the cards anyway so my next one to look forward to is celebrity X cruise Australia/ South Pacific in April but I’m almost 100% sure it will be cancelled , so I’m setting my sights on my June cruise to the Baltic’s hopefully things will be sorted out a bit by then .

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have missed our cruises and holidays but on the plus side the money saved paid for a new roof on our house.😃💷

Ours is still in the bank ready to pay for all of next year's cruises. Holidays are more important than trivial things like the roof.😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi 

Not sure if this post is in the right place but it is a question on refunds.

But first Thank to all of you who have kept me  up to date with the news, I am one of the hidden people who  "lurk".

Anyway, We had a cruise cancelled last June and opted for a FCC to we booked a short hop in Dec paid a £38 pound deposit and now told cancelled. ok, we also booked a cruise next Oct and paid £100 deposit and used the FCC for this. I  have requested the £38 refund and also requested a refund on the cancelled cruise for last June - does this sound like the right thing to have done ?

I understand now - or do i ? that the deposit for next Oct will be lost - unless this cruise gets cancelled next year too in that case I get the deposit back. confused yes. 

Steve