Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We received an email this morning from P&O informing us our 

February 20th Iona cruise has been cancelled.

Graham.

Graham we would have been on the same cruise.

When you read the email do you think it implies some new itineraries for Iona? Especially as it states cruises cancelled UNTIL February and ours wasn't until the 20th.

6 minutes ago, happy v said:

When you read the email do you think it implies some new itineraries for Iona? Especially as it states cruises cancelled UNTIL February and ours wasn't until the 20th.

The following cruise G106 is still live on the website, but that might just be because it's in march and the end of feb is the current cut off date. So I certainly would not bet on it going ahead.

25 minutes ago, happy v said:

This is the part about Iona.

Screenshot_20200917_205430_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Screenshot_20200917_205517_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, safathome said:

Hi 

Not sure if this post is in the right place but it is a question on refunds.

But first Thank to all of you who have kept me  up to date with the news, I am one of the hidden people who  "lurk".

Anyway, We had a cruise cancelled last June and opted for a FCC to we booked a short hop in Dec paid a £38 pound deposit and now told cancelled. ok, we also booked a cruise next Oct and paid £100 deposit and used the FCC for this. I  have requested the £38 refund and also requested a refund on the cancelled cruise for last June - does this sound like the right thing to have done ?

I understand now - or do i ? that the deposit for next Oct will be lost - unless this cruise gets cancelled next year too in that case I get the deposit back. confused yes. 

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but I'll try to help👍

You booked the short cruise in December 2020 in cash, paying a deposit only.  As this cruise was cancelled by P&O you are entitled to the deposit back, in cash.  If you have filled in the online refund request form then you have done the right thing.

You also booked the initial cruise in June 2020, which was cancelled by P&O, and you accepted a 125% FCC.  However, I'm not sure if you are due back a full balance, or just a deposit - did you pay for the June cruise? 

You then rebooked a cruise going in October 2021. 

If you have already accepted and used the FCC against a new booking, then you cannot change your mind and request a refund afterwards.  

However, if the FCC is unredeemed, then you may apply for a 100% cash refund of the sum that you paid for the June cancelled cruise.  This needs to be applied for by 30th November at the latest under the current policy.

In terms of the October 2021 cruise, if you have used a FCC to pay and this cruise is also cancelled then you have two options:

-- Transfer the 125% FCC balance to another cruise.  Note it does not rise again.

-- Accept a 100% cash refund of the sum that you originally paid.

If you no longer wish to travel in October 2021, then you cannot cancel without losing the FCC, however you may currently transfer the booking to another cruise from the existing brochure, running up to the end of March 2022.  I'm not exactly sure how this scenario will work for Summer 2022 bookings.

This is provided that you booked the "Select" (i.e. dearer) fare.

😀

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hi Steve,

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but I'll try to help👍

You booked the short cruise in December 2020 in cash, paying a deposit only.  As this cruise was cancelled by P&O you are entitled to the deposit back, in cash.  If you have filled in the online refund request form then you have done the right thing.

You also booked the initial cruise in June 2020, which was cancelled by P&O, and you accepted a 125% FCC.  However, I'm not sure if you are due back a full balance, or just a deposit - did you pay for the June cruise? 

You then rebooked a cruise going in October 2021. 

If you have already accepted and used the FCC against a new booking, then you cannot change your mind and request a refund afterwards.  

However, if the FCC is unredeemed, then you may apply for a 100% cash refund of the sum that you paid for the June cancelled cruise.  This needs to be applied for by 30th November at the latest under the current policy.

In terms of the October 2021 cruise, if you have used a FCC to pay and this cruise is also cancelled then you have two options:

-- Transfer the 125% FCC balance to another cruise.  Note it does not rise again.

-- Accept a 100% cash refund of the sum that you originally paid.

If you no longer wish to travel in October 2021, then you cannot cancel without losing the FCC, however you may currently transfer the booking to another cruise from the existing brochure, running up to the end of March 2022.  I'm not exactly sure how this scenario will work for Summer 2022 bookings.

This is provided that you booked the "Select" (i.e. dearer) fare.

😀

Thanks for the reply. the first part is great. The second part is that we opted to do the FCC of which they did not credit for the 2021 Oct Cruise and still have an outstanding balance to pay not £0, I understand about losing the FCC - and we had further cabin credit applied for an issue we had on a previous cruise which we will loose.  P & O confirmed that they had received my communication and FCC would appear on the Oct 21 cruise.  but it still has not - so as far as I can see they should refund us the full payment we paid before for the cancelled June 2020 cruise ?

25 minutes ago, safathome said:

Thanks for the reply. the first part is great. The second part is that we opted to do the FCC of which they did not credit for the 2021 Oct Cruise and still have an outstanding balance to pay not £0, I understand about losing the FCC - and we had further cabin credit applied for an issue we had on a previous cruise which we will loose.  P & O confirmed that they had received my communication and FCC would appear on the Oct 21 cruise.  but it still has not - so as far as I can see they should refund us the full payment we paid before for the cancelled June 2020 cruise ?

Ah, I see, that's helpful.  The issue here is, when you rebooked for the October 2021 cruise, you would normally need to pay between a 5-15% deposit to secure the booking.  In normal circumstances, where people don't have FCCs that would be in cash.  The key is, did you pay cash to secure the October 21 booking?

In a similar vein, I also took a small FCC for a previously cancelled cruise and used it to pay the deposit on another cruise.  Although it does not show up (months later), they have not chased me for money to pay the deposit. 

The P&O booking agent explained that I should not worry because the FCC is considered redeemed at the point that the booking is made - not when the finance team apply its value to the booking.  This only needs to be resolved by the time when the full balance becomes due (and I have all the emails just in case!)

Unfortunately, my interpretation is that although they have yet to allocate the FCC to your October 2021 booking, it has been redeemed, assuming that you used it, instead of cash, in lieu of the deposit.  Once redeemed, it cannot be reversed back in to a cash refund.

You are also unable to split a refund amount into part FCC, part cash - it's either one or the other unfortunately.  Unfortunately, cabin credits are also lost when cruises are cancelled to best of my knowledge, frustratingly.  However, if you have extra cabin credits added, then you can move them by calling them.

However, what I would say is that if you want the cash back for your June cruise it might be worth ringing them next week when it calms down.  Choose option 1 as if you are booking a new cruise, and explain when prompted that you are unable to fill in the online form.  If they have no record of your redeeming the FCC (I.e. they haven't actually processed your email) then you may get the refund processed.  Sometimes passengers can benefit from their incompetence.  You can then choose to pay cash for the October 21 cruise when the time comes.

Alternatively, if the idea of calling them feels like hours better spent doing something else (how I feel), then wait a little while to see if the refund turns up on its own.  

9 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Alternatively, if the idea of calling them feels like hours better spent doing something else (how I feel), then wait a little while to see if the refund turns up on its own.  

I think all the advice you have given is extremely helpful. Just a comment about your final point. I phoned P&O on the 0800 number twice yesterday, after the new round of cancellations in order to transfer a cruise that had not been cancelled, and got through to speak to very helpful agents straightaway.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think all the advice you have given is extremely helpful. Just a comment about your final point. I phoned P&O on the 0800 number twice yesterday, after the new round of cancellations in order to transfer a cruise that had not been cancelled, and got through to speak to very helpful agents straightaway.

That's good to know, thanks - at least this sounds better planned from P&O than last time 👍

9 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Ah, I see, that's helpful.  The issue here is, when you rebooked for the October 2021 cruise, you would normally need to pay between a 5-15% deposit to secure the booking.  In normal circumstances, where people don't have FCCs that would be in cash.  The key is, did you pay cash to secure the October 21 booking?

In a similar vein, I also took a small FCC for a previously cancelled cruise and used it to pay the deposit on another cruise.  Although it does not show up (months later), they have not chased me for money to pay the deposit. 

The P&O booking agent explained that I should not worry because the FCC is considered redeemed at the point that the booking is made - not when the finance team apply its value to the booking.  This only needs to be resolved by the time when the full balance becomes due (and I have all the emails just in case!)

Unfortunately, my interpretation is that although they have yet to allocate the FCC to your October 2021 booking, it has been redeemed, assuming that you used it, instead of cash, in lieu of the deposit.  Once redeemed, it cannot be reversed back in to a cash refund.

You are also unable to split a refund amount into part FCC, part cash - it's either one or the other unfortunately.  Unfortunately, cabin credits are also lost when cruises are cancelled to best of my knowledge, frustratingly.  However, if you have extra cabin credits added, then you can move them by calling them.

However, what I would say is that if you want the cash back for your June cruise it might be worth ringing them next week when it calms down.  Choose option 1 as if you are booking a new cruise, and explain when prompted that you are unable to fill in the online form.  If they have no record of your redeeming the FCC (I.e. they haven't actually processed your email) then you may get the refund processed.  Sometimes passengers can benefit from their incompetence.  You can then choose to pay cash for the October 21 cruise when the time comes.

Hi thanks for all the advice - sorry if I am not being very clear. We booked the cancelled June 2020 cruise in 2019 and paid the deposit and the outstanding amount when it was due. Then this cruise got cancelled. Not really knowing what we were doing  we booked the Oct 2021 cruise with a cash deposit direct to P & O,  then looked at the FCC so instead of claiming a refund on the fully paid 2020 cruise we opted to do the FCC on the Oct 21 cruise. We read the November 20 cut off for claiming cash refund so we have applied for that  We have now made different plans for 2021 and 2022 and decided to "pause" our cruise experience.  

Our experience with contacting P&O a good few weeks ago was superb,  the phone was answered on the second ring and we spoke to a very nice girl. 

Hope I am making sense !

Just to add an interesting situation we have experienced with existing FCCs.  We have one for a B2B cruise which has 2 separate FCCs, both slightly different but adding up to £250 in total.  When checking if these exist by making a dummy booking I found that it allocated exactly half of the expected FCC, when I queried this with customer service by e-mail to check that both existed, I was told that yes they did, but the problem was "probably" because they had shared them between my account and my wifes.  

Their solution was to login under both our accounts then we would see the full amount, now try as I may I cannot see how it is possible to login on 2 accounts simultaneously, especially as the website demands that you use different e-mail accounts.

Needless to say I am still waiting for them to advise me how to login as both of us.

36 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just to add an interesting situation we have experienced with existing FCCs.  We have one for a B2B cruise which has 2 separate FCCs, both slightly different but adding up to £250 in total.  When checking if these exist by making a dummy booking I found that it allocated exactly half of the expected FCC, when I queried this with customer service by e-mail to check that both existed, I was told that yes they did, but the problem was "probably" because they had shared them between my account and my wifes.  

Their solution was to login under both our accounts then we would see the full amount, now try as I may I cannot see how it is possible to login on 2 accounts simultaneously, especially as the website demands that you use different e-mail accounts.

Needless to say I am still waiting for them to advise me how to login as both of us.

Ah flashbacks !!!   Once upon a time John we had a cruise booked and Mrs Kalos saw another cruise 

and booked via the phone .They asked if she had an e-mail address and P&O number,which she gave to them .

Weeks later I thought "Our first cruise is getting nearer I will log into P&O"  ...Wrong !!

A few hours later I relented and sat on the phone a hour or so and got through to an adviser,who

eventually found the problem .... I had changed my e-mail !!! No I have not ..Oh yes you have .etc :classic_unsure:

You changed it to Mrs kalos@....  Eventually we got it put back to normal.

If I was you John, ask them to send you an e-mail confirming both sets of FCC ,as to me it seems a safer option 

to logging in as both of you .

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you do a dummy booking and put in both people's names and P&O number, it works.  So log in as yourself, choose the cruise and you will see your single FCC, once you have added your other half's details including their P&O number, it then picks up the second FCC.  I've just tried it.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If you do a dummy booking and put in both people's names and P&O number, it works.  So log in as yourself, choose the cruise and you will see your single FCC, once you have added your other half's details including their P&O number, it then picks up the second FCC.  I've just tried it.

Thank you very much for the information I will try that Jean, I generally never go further than the first page that gives me a detailed price, never bother putting names in now since I am normally only looking for a price indication.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

As long as you duck out before putting in your payment it should be fine.  In fact when I got to putting in Other Guest name, I think it said something about the other person's FCC

I'm a Yorkshireman Jean, my credit and debit cards are kept under strict lockdown.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, besberry said:

Mine's paying for the en-suite to be completely remodelled!

Sounds a good idea Mick!
Bet you missing cruising - seems a long time ago since we sat at the same table on Aurora in 2013.....! Hope you keeping well. Gill x

21 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Funny how you are currently on Cunard forum berating P&O for their standards of dress code on formal nights and you state that you stopped cruising with P&O "many years ago" for that reason.

It's quite amusing how may folks say" I'm never cruising again" and then spend the next few months discussing their next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It's quite amusing how may folks say" I'm never cruising again" and then spend the next few months discussing their next cruise.

Over the years seen a few "regulars" who say they would never cruise again with P&O but you would see them on a future cruise. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The closest I have ever got to that Zapp is waking up after a good night out and saying "never again." :classic_unsure:

Surprised to receive an email from an online cruise agency today, featuring a Britannia cruise in the Caribbean in February 2021. I know that technically the cruise is not cancelled, but it does seem disingenuous to promote a cruise that is highly unlikely to go ahead.

22 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Does not work for me, it just keeps saying there is an issue with my booking and to please call. 😞 

23 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Sounds a good idea Mick!
Bet you missing cruising - seems a long time ago since we sat at the same table on Aurora in 2013.....! Hope you keeping well. Gill x

Hi Gill, I certainly do miss cruising, I should have been off on Iona next week.  At least I did manage to a cruise in last February, to the Galapagos, so the withdrawal symptoms aren't as bad as they could be! Hope all's well with you, stay safe.

• Like 1