Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

And here’s an article showing where the meningitis confusion (on my part) arises

Its the non-Covid sample from the trial who are getting meningitis vaxx, so they, too,  get a local reaction, so everyone remains “blind” and the trial retains its integrity

Complicated but interesting

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-04-23-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-begins-human-trial-stage

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

or at least a moonshot.

Please don't John🥺.  I've only just managed to stop laughing since  the first time Matt said it 🤣.Who on earth thinks up these ridiculous sayings, and more importantly, why ?????

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

This shows covid19 is different from a flu even though they are all classed as Coronaviruses.

That's what the UK government's health advisers have be stressing from the beginning. They warned us. Roger and his compatriots weren't that lucky.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's what the UK government's health advisers have be stressing from the begining. They warned us. Roger and his compatriots weren't that lucky.

Avril

I agree.  Another name for Covid-19 is SARS-COV2.

SARS stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome.  You may remember that a SARS epidemic struck in 2003 in Asia.  It is not a flu illness and unfortunately is much more damaging. 

The issue is that some of the initial symptoms are similar, and that both traditional influenza and Covid-19 can unfortunately be highly damaging to vulnerable and older populations in particular.

As an aside, acute transverse myelitis is a rare complication linked to meningitis.  This could be why the trial looked at this in detail, reference earlier comments.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Please don't John🥺.  I've only just managed to stop laughing since  the first time Matt said it 🤣.Who on earth thinks up these ridiculous sayings, and more importantly, why ?????

Avril

:classic_smile:      Maybe it came to him in a blinding  splash   :classic_unsure:

download.jpg.d07fe1f079d7bf94dbcd807e2abbd940.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Unfortunately that includes us.  No white smoke from the Carnival chimney this Tuesday at 10 it seems....

The Christmas cruise balances are due this weekend.

😨😨 Our situation also - balance due to TA today for new year cruise And was waiting for a potential announcement - I’m inclined to move deposit to avoid paying the balance but 2021 is already pretty busy for us!!

• Like 1

Don't know what, if anything can be read into this, but I thought I would share what's been happening with the balances for the three cruises we've got booked (all Iona, all booked direct) this year:

Late November: Balance was due end of August.  Booked using FCC covering full cost.  Balance screen on PandO site still shows an incorrect balance amount outstanding.  Does however state system error.  No new invoice received, on screen FCC not reduced by cost of cruise 

Mid December: Balance due 13 Sep.  No reminder received.  Paid balance day before due.  No updated invoice received, though on screen, states that cruise now paid in full

Christmas & New Year: Balance would be due 20 Sep.   Booked using FCC covering full cost.  Balance screen on PandO site still shows an incorrect balance amount outstanding.  Does however state system error.  No new invoice received, on screen FCC not reduced by cost of cruise 

PandO have assured my by email that our FCC booked cruises are flagged so that the finance team know to simply apply the FCC so I not perturbed (yet) regarding those cruises.

If they are going to cancel any of the cruises, I just wish they would put everyone out of their misery and let people know.  Especially those booked for Christmas & New Year, at least those pax can get on with making alternative arrangements if they still wish to go away.

That said, we still want to do the cruises we have booked and it would be a welcome surprise to be on board all or indeed any of them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The Christmas cruise balances are due this weekend

That's what happened to us. We bit the bullet and cancelled. Four days later P&O cancelled them. If nothing is heard today I've a feeling all will be revealed next Tuesday.

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That's what happened to us. We bit the bullet and cancelled. Four days later P&O cancelled them. If nothing is heard today I've a feeling all will be revealed next Tuesday.

Avril

I don't understand why people are cancelling instead of letting the balance due date pass.

All you can lose is your deposit as per P&O Booking T&Cs - Contract-para 4, which states if the balance is not paid by the due date P&O are entitled to retain the deposit as a cancellation fee.

We let it pass for our Oct cruise and 2 weeks later P&O cancelled. I received an email saying it was now cancelled and offering deposit FCC or refund. I chose refund which I have received, surprisingly quickly compared to the refund for our April cruise.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

I don't understand why people are cancelling instead of letting the balance due date pass.

All you can lose is your deposit as per P&O Booking T&Cs - Contract-para 4, which states if the balance is not paid by the due date P&O are entitled to retain the deposit as a cancellation fee.

We let it pass for our Oct cruise and 2 weeks later P&O cancelled. I received an email saying it was now cancelled and offering deposit FCC or refund. I chose refund which I have received, surprisingly quickly compared to the refund for our April cruise.

A lot of people will have seen this and it says no flexibility they should make a clear statement as to what is actually happening with regards balance due dates rather than the left hand not doing what the right hand is saying🤷‍♂️

62BFD761-25F7-4BF0-B319-50ACD47E91A6.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

A lot of people will have seen this and it says no flexibility they should make a clear statement as to what is actually happening with regards balance due dates rather than the left hand not doing what the right hand is saying🤷‍♂️

62BFD761-25F7-4BF0-B319-50ACD47E91A6.jpeg

OK I see that.

My point though is that people are making the decision they don't want to go and cancelling before the due date, and thereby surrendering their deposit immediately, rather than just letting the due date pass and letting P&O exercise their entitlement to retain the deposit, or in some cases P&O cancelling the cruise before the due date and offering a refund etc.

To me the key word in the T&Cs is entitle. It states that failure to pay the balance shall 'entitle' P&O to retain the deposit rather than in the case of failure to pay the balance P&O 'shall' retain the deposit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jake 26 said:

Sorry Jake, I should have been clearer. We moved our deposit to June 2021. We'd hung on as long as we dared because we really wanted to go on that particular cruise. Not to be though.

Avril