Happy Fathers day.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and grandfathers (possibly even great grandfathers) on the board. Hope you have a wonderful day! 

Our children organised a cafe lunch to be delivered for us - really for Rob but of course I was included too.

Leigh

0B92041F-5045-4E1A-BC69-B21E4759A71C.png

8E82133A-C074-4F52-BC53-A484E7B17528.png

Edited by possum52
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and grandfathers (possibly even great grandfathers) on the board. Hope you have a wonderful day! 

Our children organised a cafe lunch to be delivered for us - really for Rob but of course I was included too.

Leigh

0B92041F-5045-4E1A-BC69-B21E4759A71C.png

8E82133A-C074-4F52-BC53-A484E7B17528.png

That was a lovely thoughtful gift for you both for Father's Day, as you didn't have to make it.

• Like 1

Happy Fathers Day to all, hope you had a good one. My mob, I call them the Taliban  just left, we all went out to Dinner at my favourite Donegans Irish Steakhouse last night and I cooked  a late big bbq breakfast this morning. Now they have just gone home, so I have 14 sheets, 7 pillow cases, 7 towels and 2 bath mats to wash, plus clear up the doggy doo left by a family dog. ☹️ Thank god for the dishwasher it is stacked to the eyeballs.

Time for a siesta too much red wine and Irish whisky with my son last night.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I having found a mess to clean up after family has visited is so much nicer than no have hem visit at all.

Yes, nice having them visit, the fortnightly cleaner visit is due on Monday, she can do the rest, I could not leave the granddog doggy doo for her.lab.jpg.fff19d94316c5f157a1659621efc0ce2.jpgThose Labs eat a lot.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

You must be ancient, good on you. I have 5 grand kids, ages 10 to 23.  No greaties yet.

Depending on what you call ancient. I was privileged to become a Great-Great-Grandfather at the young age of 68, 3 years ago. Our first child, a son was born in 1979. Things moved very quickly after that  birth. 😁

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Depending on what you call ancient. I was privileged to become a Great-Great-Grandfather at the young age of 68, 3 years ago. Our first child, a son was born in 1979. Things moved very quickly after that  birth. 😁

Wow, my son was born in 1979 and his eldest is 7! I look back at my parents, who were grandparents in their mid 40s but not great grandparents until mid 70s. We didn't become grandparents until our mid to late 50s. Enjoy being a great grandfather! 

Leigh

Just now, possum52 said:

Wow, my son was born in 1979 and his eldest is 7! I look back at my parents, who were grandparents in their mid 40s but not great grandparents until mid 70s. We didn't become grandparents until our mid to late 50s. Enjoy being a great grandfather! 

Leigh

The thanks is all to my son and his son, and their willing partners. 😉

• Haha 1

It is interesting.... my Father and Father in-law have now both past on.....

And due to various reasons have not had children.....

so one looks at the day as one to remember... the good old days.....

One thing Dad always said.... don't trust a Doctor who doesn't like red wine.......

and remember lock the cellar at my wake....( we didn't...... lol )

Cheers to all the Fathers Don

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

By the Bay is a Great Great Grandfather, that is huge !!   Must be the sea air.

Hope you all had a great day, in whatever form it took.

We had our boys (and one of their girlfriends) come visit for a family BBQ - it was most enjoyable. And they brought gifts - 2 carton of Crownies, a cricket book and a new jacket :-)

No sign of DW & I becoming grandparents as yet :-) Of course Tracey is way too young to be a nanna 😮

• Like 2